Disco-like RPG 'Broken Roads' to launch next month

Screenshot_2024-03-21-15-23-28-832_com.microsoft.office.outlook-edit.jpg

Broken Roads is a post-apocalyptic RPG set in Australia that has strong Disco Elysium vibes from the art style to the gameplay. It was originally set to launch last November, but was pushed back to an undefined date. Australia-based indie developer Drop Bear Bytes have today announced the new release date for their game and released a new trailer for the occasion:

Broken Roads is a narrative-driven RPG that brings exploration, strategic turn-based combat and meaningful philosophical choices to an all-new Australian post-apocalyptic setting. Broken Roads skillfully blends traditional and all-new role-playing elements on top of a classless system offering near-unlimited character development options built around four philosophies: Humanist, Utilitarian, Machiavellian, and Nihilist. Furthermore the game presents players with an original morality system: the Moral Compass which sees dialogue options and questing decisions influence, and be influenced by, a character's philosophical leaning and the tough decisions they make along the way.

“We appreciate the community’s patience in allowing us to give Broken Roads the polish and attention it needed to get to the finish line," said Craig Ritchie, Game Director at Drop Bear Bytes. "Broken Roads is now in its best state ever, with more polish, more voice acting, over 400,000 words of dialogue and more than 150,000 end-game permutations. We hope you all have an amazing time playing it.”

Broken Roads launches on April 10th on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X and PC (GOG, EGS, Steam).

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Isn't that a CRPG?

I love the genre and from what I read about that game, I'd compare it more to older Fallout, Wasteland, Encased and Atom RPG (based on the theme alone, although there are a few more I'm forgetting atm).

Hopefully it'll have controller support, I used the current steam sale to purchase quite a few CRPG's for a nice price and the Steam Deck is great for it (it does suck that some games have controller support on console versions, but have no support on pc).

I'll see if I can add it to my wishlist already.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Isn't that a CRPG?

I love the genre and from what I read about that game, I'd compare it more to older Fallout, Wasteland, Encased and Atom RPG (based on the theme alone, although there are a few more I'm forgetting atm).

Hopefully it'll have controller support, I used the current steam sale to purchase quite a few CRPG's for a nice price and the Steam Deck is great for it (it does suck that some games have controller support on console versions, but have no support on pc).

I'll see if I can add it to my wishlist already.
According to steam, it should have full controller support on PC. Glad to see a final release date! :D

Reactions: Skelletonike

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have to check this game out...given it has a physical release as i havent rented any games since blockbuster shut its doors.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Some inspiration perhaps, but looks very different to Disco IMO. The writing and the (kinda) lack of battle was the best thing about Disco (along with the freaking killer soundtrack and amazing design).
Didn't get any "feels" from this trailer - but maybe it'll be different playing it 😊

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto