Best flashcart(s) as of 2010?

Which do you think are the best flashcart or flashcarts as of 2010?

• Acekard 2i

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • CycloDS Evolution

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DSTTi

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • EZ-Flash Vi

• G6 DS Real

• iEDGE

• iTouch2

• M3i Zero

• R4i (and clones)

• SuperCard DSONEi

• Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
AeroMaster said:
Well to be honest I have a Cyclo and I did my research before purchasing it and it's probably the best flashcart. What's so amazing about the Acekard 2i?

SYSTEM AKAIO
biggrin.gif
that is THE AMAZING THING ON AK2i
biggrin.gif

EDIT: My vote for AK too...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really need a new flashcard too. I have an ancient R4 now.
So Acekard 2i seems to be popular here. Is that card fully updateable? So including the real loader on the card itself (instead of just updating the firmware filess on the sd card) And what is this akaio thing?

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted all because I could, and why not? They all let you do what they were originally created to do. Think of a world with out them.

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banger said:
I voted all because I could, and why not? They all let you do what they were originally created to do. Think of a world with out them.

How could vote for more than one Flash cart? Alt accounts?

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SgtThom said:
Banger said:

How could vote for more than one Flash cart? Alt accounts?

Yup that is the obvious reason...

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
kedest said:
So Acekard 2i seems to be popular here. Is that card fully updateable? So including the real loader on the card itself (instead of just updating the firmware filess on the sd card) And what is this akaio thing?
AKAIO is an unofficial firmware(and is much better than the official firmware). Firmware is stored on the micro sd card however the 1.4 fix is stored on the Acekard 2i.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
kedest said:
AKAIO is an unofficial firmware(and is much better than the official firmware). Firmware is stored on the micro sd card however the 1.4 fix is stored on the Acekard 2i.

Debatable. Acekard's official site links to them...and updates with links for the firmware. I say it's more along the lines of just another firmware for it.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running some ongoing tests and the Acekard, Supercard + new OS, and The Cyclo. I've been testing new releases on each card. The results are that every time I load a brand new game on the Acekard and Supercard it ends up in failure but the games load flawlessly on the EVO. Time and time again I'm getting the same result. The Acekard performs the worst of the three. Funny since it's been voted best card of the millennium or sum such silly thing. So thats it. In real world tests the EVO is the best flash card on the market.

supercard_sensei

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello folks..first time I am posting here as I remember

I wonder if the AK2I (which I consider as a good DS/DSi flashcard) will be on top of that poll if Normatt decided to asked for money compensation/donation for his wonderful dedicated work for the release of AKAIO firmwares ??

Well I guess if that man decide not to release the AKAIO anymore...the AK2i will just become a useless flashcard..wouldn't it be ?

All that faith in the hands of one man...what will happens if Normatt dies tragically while taking out the trash on a sunday night ?..sleeping over the icy steps and banging his heads on the side of a concret wall and then falling on a sharp knife (about 20 times)

well this is fiction obviously...but this I pray to happen any time soon (Normatt stopping dev the AKAIO because of something..not dying of course)..just to have good laugh and read about people insulting AK team and anything about AK2i being one of the worst flashcard (may be next millenium will be like that
happy.gif
)

or imagine if Normatt meet a nice chick (blonde, big boobs American whore or Petite Shy but filthy Japanese slut) and get married and vowed to his futur bride to not code any more the AKAIO..what will happen to the AK2i then ?

you'll probably say..."yeah stupid ..this can't happen"...and I'll say to you..You are probably right but if you are clever enough you will get my point..other people will just insult me...well it's ok to be a moron..don't worry

Anyway..what the fuck is the Cyclo doing in that Poll ? ...Cyclo cannot be launched on a DSi..this card should not be even considered as the 2010 flashcard.. Cyclo is prehistoric in flashcard history...HAS BEEN

people like it and vote for that card because it is SO expensise and overpriced that they want their $$$ to be well spent..well sorry ..a flashcart cost no more than 10USD if you purchased it more than that then you have been ripped off of that amount

well fellow ninjas
ph34r.gif
time for the real stuff..the Supercard DSonei my friends

smooth, efficient and shiny ahahah sounds like a commercial huh ? well you are right ..I eat Supercard..I drink Supercard

and frankly I think the Supercard CF should be polled as the best flashcard of the millenium....

anyway this poll is just representing what the gbatemp community actives members are using..most of them don't know anything about flashcards...because to be able to decide which is the best flashcard..you need to have them all...otherwise you just vote for the card you have lamely choose once upon a time and that happen to be

1: AK2i for 50% (someone has to be #1.fair enough...fair card/very good software as long as Normatt carries on the AKAIO)
2: Cyclo scum Evolution (does not works on DSi, DSi XL, HAS BEEN flashcard now)
3: M3i0 (which really suck by the way..slow card/menu and very weak hardware)

but well the discussion about is funny..

so long suckers ...have fun

Deesotilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I love my AK2i because it works on my DSi, but the Cyclo was just so feature-rich and easy to skin
tongue.gif

Cyclo got my vote for that reason, but DSi compatibility would have been nice
frown.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I really don't know why people blame the CycloDS for his non-compatibility with DSi. Sryly, the DSi wasn't out when the Cyclo was created, and the AK2i, like suggests the "i" is a new card for DSi (and is retrocompatible). It's a hardware problem and it can't be properly fixed just like that. If you have a DSi, just don't buy a CycloDS and basta. If you are planning to buy a DSi, then I'm sorry for you, you'll have to buy another flashcard.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm quite happy with my EZ Flash Vi.

Minor complaints:

1) Not very popular, which means few people to turn to for help. Does popular equal good? My wife, following Japanese tradition, won't even consider a restaurant that doesn't have a waiting line out the door. This is kind of a ridiculous self-fulfilling issue in my book, but with tech stuff that requires help, it may make a difference.

2) Only fixes come directly from EZF itself.

3) Very very very low homebrew compatibility.

4) Not a lot of skins to choose from.

As I said, these are pretty minor complaints.

Thumbs up things:

1) EZF updates very often, and commercial stuff all runs great without patching or anything when they do. What other flashcarts can say this?

2) Mbmax helps people right away. Yay for him.

3) Only real issues I've seen people having are with putting out-of-date firmware on newer carts, which has been warned against again and again and again, and 3-in-1 compatibility issues, but that's a slot-2 cart (I run a Supercard slot-2 and have had zero problems by the way).

I don't have much experience with others apart from my old R4 with YSMenu. With lots of compatibility issues and lots of unfixable AP, the old R4 gets the big thumbs down in my book.

I didn't vote because I don't have enough experience with other carts to justify it. I wish other people who have only tried one or two carts would do the same, but they won't. I won't take much home from this survey for that reason.

jack_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we have a store ,as i known.. r4i red also good , it compatibility many kinds games free ,m3izero is power for it without any logo before your flash it ,
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch