Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fine, thats your choice, but you are changing subjects.

Not saying there would be more "retro" games, not saying there wont be, we just dont know. I dont and neither do you.

And Nintendo needs to stop being so vague about details, and maybe people wouldn't jump the gun, would they?

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So is it usable already? Can we boot Atmosphere now?

As someone going purely off the code without hopping on Discord/IRC/Whatever and asking how to configure it to test, I can confidently say it is not yet ready for end user consumption whatsoever.

Even the developers are aware of this, because your first obstacle to building is this kind error message.

Code:
src/main.c: In function 'main':
src/main.c:113:2: error: #error "Fusee is a work-in-progress bootloader, and is not ready for usage yet. If you want to play with it anyway, please #define I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING -- and recognize that we will be unable to provide support until it is ready for general usage :)"
 #error "Fusee is a work-in-progress bootloader, and is not ready for usage yet. If you want to play with it anyway, please #define I_KNOW_WHAT_I_AM_DOING -- and recognize that we will be unable to
provide support until it is ready for general usage :)"
  ^~~~~

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your little brother will update you know that things happen I am surprised that he still in 3.0 fw what did you give him to play? Zelda ?
Actually, you got it in reverse. He was more interested in homebrew and hacking than I was at the time so we decided that my Switch will be the one fully up-to-date to play any games that come out until I find myself on a supported firmware (which is 4.1 luckily). And I've already played Zelda to completion :creep:

Yes, they need to be way more clear about that stuff. More than a year with all this mystery but no, i dont think people should jump the gun either way.
I agree. Based on their wording, they said that they wouldn't be selling games under the 'Virtual Console' moniker anymore implying they might still sell them under a different name that would give more features than basic emulation. We also cannot assume what games they will or will not support since there's actually zero mention of that because they're trying to be vague on purpose. Maybe because they don't know for sure what to import or they won't bring back any games are just a few possible reasons for the vagueness.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Nezztor

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was on my way to work, listening to Pandora and this song came on and I immediately thought of Atmosphére when I heard the chorus:

"I'm a space bound rocket ship and your heart's the moon
And I'm aiming right at you
Right at you
Two hundred fifty thousand miles on a clear night in June
And I'm aiming right at you
Right at you
Right at you"

Sorry for the uninformative post, just thought it was funny(and fitting) with all the space related hax devs are coming up with.

Also June might seem like it's 250,000 miles away, at least to some. :P

Reactions: Nezztor

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im excited to see how homebrew will turn on Switch , i check daily these forums to follow progress but at the end i will just probably keep 3ds and wii u for for homebrew/emulation emulation and keep my My switch clean for online use :9

binarymelon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im excited to see how homebrew will turn on Switch , i check daily these forums to follow progress but at the end i will just probably keep 3ds and wii u for for homebrew/emulation emulation and keep my My switch clean for online use :9

I've always felt that by keeping a Nintendo console offline you're not missing out on much.

Reactions: wicksand420

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
summer 2018 starts from 21th of june and it ends at 23th of set. so....A DAY FO THIS SUMMER...

there are just tooooo much teasing, and i CAN NOT TAKE IT NO MORE!

Last edited by leon315,

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
summer 2018 starts from 21th of june and it ends at 23th of set. so....A DAY FO THIS SUMMER...

there are just tooooo much teasing, and i CAN NOT TAKE IT NO MORE!

It might be sooner than that. We got information that Atmosphere was scheduled to be released on June 15th along with Fusée Gelée, but since Fusée got leaked earlier it's going to be released as soon™ as it's ready :)

Samus20XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall the source, but I read something will be usable within a week or two last week.
ok thats fair. if anyone can find this info reply to this please lol
in the meantime im gonna look for it myself, i'll edit this post once i find it!

EDIT: Couldnt find it. prob in the reswitched dicord.

Last edited by Samus20XX,

Insom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thats fair. if anyone can find this info reply to this please lol
in the meantime im gonna look for it myself, i'll edit this post once i find it!

EDIT: Couldnt find it. prob in the reswitched dicord.
Oh yeah, that could be. But all the same I feel like I read it as gospel. And considering the amount of commits I believe it.

Hernie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really seen this question asked anywhere. Say I'm on 4.0.2 and at some point I get atmosphere with the softmod that they're talking about, with emuNand and such. Will we at that point be able to update to the most recent firmware so we can go online and be able to purchase games on the eShop. Will someone explain to me how that would work?

Would it be like Luma3ds, where you can update it?

Last edited by Hernie,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't really seen this question asked anywhere. Say I'm on 4.0.2 and at some point I get atmosphere with the softmod that they're talking about, with emuNand and such. Will we at that point be able to update to the most recent firmware so we can go online and be able to purchase games on the eShop. Will someone explain to me how that would work?

Would it be like Luma3ds, where you can update it?
That's kinda the main reason they are making cfw...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo