Atmosphere Switch CFW version 1.5.0 in pre-release, adds support for firmware 16.0.0

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

As promised, SciresM did indeed get a brand new Atmosphere CFW release out as soon as possible. Atmosphere 1.5.0 is here, in pre-release form, and adds support for the recent Nintendo Switch OFW release of 16.0.0. Since this update is in pre-release, that means pending any major bugs, it will be in full release imminently. SciresM says there's still some smaller details left to handle in an upcoming update.

1.5.0 is Atmosphère's sixty-ninth official release.

Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.5.0. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.

Please note: Atmosphère 1.5.0 is currently in pre-release, and issues may be found that need to be fixed before full release.

• If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
  • 1.5.0 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.5.0 is bundled with hbl 2.4.3, and hbmenu 3.5.1.

The following was changed since the last release:

• Support was added for 16.0.0
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • ncm was updated to reflect the latest official behavior.
    • Many FS apis were updated under the hood to reflect the latest official behavior.
    • Please Note: 16.0.0 made breaking changes to a number of system APIs, including in FS/NCM/Shared Font commands that some homebrew programs may use.
      • These programs may encounter strange errors, and may need to be recompiled with a libnx updated to support 16.0.0's changes to function properly.
      • If you are an impacted developer, please contact SciresM#0524 on discord for assistance.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed and improvements were made, including:
    • An issue was fixed that could cause GPIO outputs to be misconfigured under certain circumstances.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loaded the pre-release and updated my stock firmware, so now I'm good to go for the next while (I might need to reinstall sys-ftpd? but that'd be the only thing that I know of off the top of my head)

anonzephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im getting error 2001-0123 (0xf601) i put the new atmosphere files in root of sd, put new fusee in sd/bootloader/payloads, also put the new hekate files in root of sd. what am i missing?
Post automatically merged:

im getting error 2001-0123 (0xf601) i put the new atmosphere files in root of sd, put new fusee in sd/bootloader/payloads, also put the new hekate files in root of sd. what am i missing?
nevermind i fixed it. if anyone else has the problem look at where it says program write that down and then put sd in pc go to atmosphere/content and find the program you wrote down and delete that one only. eject sd, place back in switch and load atmosphere as normal.

Last edited by anonzephyr,

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post automatically merged:

nevermind i fixed it. if anyone else has the problem look at where it says program write that down and then put sd in pc go to atmosphere/content and find the program you wrote down and delete that one only. eject sd, place back in switch and load atmosphere as normal.
Copy over is generally bad idea. Install in new directory is the way to go. When you copy over all the old stuff will be there and some may be not compatible with the new HOS. You were lucky the failure is immediate (maybe too early to say, not everything fail immediately and some cause others to fail).

Secret to happiness is don't update until the dusk settled or never if you can hold off indefinitely. ( I mean HOS, ATM is simply always good )

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: BigOnYa

Kawaii-Tora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anyone here using EdiZon Overlay? As soon as I install it as usual i get an error. Is there any alternative to Edizon already, as the last update was quite a while ago.

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm having problem with booting console since update. Sysnand works but if i try to boot cfw it stucks on switch logo screen. How do i fix it?

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
is there any point on updating atmosphere if my switch is still on version 15.0.1?
You'd want to move from 15.0.1 because of the random black screen bug when running a game from the Home Menu in it. With that being said, you'd want the latest iteration of Atmosphere for its FW 16.0.0 support, primarily. Everything else is a bonus.

I, myself, am ecstatic to make the jump to FW 16.0.0 ASAP once it and the latest final build of AMS become available.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont work for me. Overlays like reversenx or sysclk still crash
Every overlay is the same. Won’t work for 16 as is. The menu is just an overlay that chain other overlays. If you can boot and see the menu it means that it works.

Tesla is broken so every single overlay is very likely to be broken until it get rebuild with the fixed tesla

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bleh, I just noticed that I'm booting straight to emuMMC again (and reboot to payload is going straight to atmosphere instead of back to hekate, but that's most likely just pebkac during the atmosphere process). Is that a fail-safe in case the firmware update would have locked me out of sysMMC? Or does Atmosphere just assume I want emuMMC by default?

Last edited by pokota,

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bleh, I just noticed that I'm booting straight to emuMMC again (and reboot to payload is going straight to atmosphere instead of back to hekate, but that's most likely just pebkac during the atmosphere process). Is that a fail-safe in case the firmware update would have locked me out of sysMMC? Or does Atmosphere just assume I want emuMMC by default?
First time? As far as I know it has always been this way as intended. If you want reboot to hekate then either make a reboot to hekate or change the reboot payload to hekate

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh damn. My switch already updated to the new OFW. So I guess Ill have to wait until the final version comes out? Or can I still go through with the pre release?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1