Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do as well but I have no idea what they're adding or removing. But it's still exciting in a way

Yeah indeed. I know what services are being implemented to a degree which is good. See they've implemented reading from the SD now which is a big milestone. It's quite exticing :)

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably be testing already if I could figure out how to properly set up BCT.ini to load stage2, but oh well. I'm patient. It's not like they're far off from bootable. I suspect June was a worst-case estimate.

But seriously, these "Generations" are just stupid and mostly arbitrarily.

No matter how far backwards or forward you go in time, there are always going to be people who ask questions and ignore the answers if it isn't to their liking. This is a rule of the internet. Or it should be, anyways.:rolleyes:

Let’s don’t forget that SciresM was the author of Boot9strap on 3ds. Surely he will find a way to run Atmosphere at every boot without needing to going on RCM every time.

Every time I see this I feel I need to point out that there's zero supporting evidence for this claim. It would require a low-level software exploit of the OS on the switch, kernel access, and probably a way to get in TZ too.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Peabutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People figured out the usb cable was needed to send stuff to the switch via RCM because there's no other reason to buy a USB c to USB a cable. The problem was triggering RCM. Initially minor hardmod was referred to as inconvenient which people took more harshly than it implied. It's kinda true since there are easier ways of shorting pin 10 without bending it.

All progress for atmosphere can be found on its github page which is in the first post but only useful for developers. The 3DS guide was useful because the exploits were out. This scene is different because were still waiting for the CFW to come out

You can also join the reswitched discord if you want moment by moment updates on whats going on in development. All the devs chit chat on there about what is being worked on, issues, etc. I will warn everyone though.. be careful on there or you will get banned.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah indeed. I know what services are being implemented to a degree which is good. See they've implemented reading from the SD now which is a big milestone. It's quite exticing :)
SD card access is needed for pretty much everything from EmuNAND to homebrew. I would have bought a 64+ GB sd card but my brother would prefer a hard drive. I'll keep holding out until it's released.
You can also join the reswitched discord if you want moment by moment updates on whats going on in development. All the devs chit chat on there about what is being worked on, issues, etc. I will warn everyone though.. be careful on there or you will get banned.
Would you believe me if I told you I don't have a discord?

Reactions: Peabutt

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SD card access is needed for pretty much everything from EmuNAND to homebrew. I would have bought a 64+ GB sd card but my brother would prefer a hard drive. I'll keep holding out until it's released.
Would you believe me if I told you I don't have a discord?

Yeah exactly hence why this is a big milestone. It's not child's play to implement I/O access in C.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: peteruk

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You can embed tweets in messages - use TWEET as a tag:

JohnMiller91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does this mean even when you are on a firmware higher than 4.1 you will be able to boot into horizon without shorting the pins at every cold boot? You just have to short them once to enable the HBL?

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
We are not supposed to turn off NS completely, if we don't wanna run exploit every time, right? So sleep mode is da wae to go.

But did someone tested NS' sleeping capabilities? 3DS was really lousy at that, running out of juice during sleep in a matter of hours. While Vita could slumber for several days easily, which is far more acceptable.

So, is switch closer to 3DS or vita in that department?

Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

Duhasst0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In my experience, sleep can last a few days but your gonna need to charge it after the couple days cause you'll be at < 20% battery. If you need a can test what it will be cause I just put the switch on the dock before I left for work at 7pm and I'll leave it off the dock just in standby to see what the percentage is after a couple days.

Reactions: Reploid

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We are not supposed to turn off NS completely, if we don't wanna run exploit every time, right? So sleep mode is da wae to go.

But did someone tested NS' sleeping capabilities? 3DS was really lousy at that, running out of juice during sleep in a matter of hours. While Vita could slumber for several days easily, which is far more acceptable.

Sleep easily lasts 4+ days.

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
That's why some people have a second switch. I technically have a second switch on 3.0 but it's considered my little brother's. I use mine for gaming and staying up to date which is not so bad since you can do the hardmod with a paperclip

Yeah a second switch would be awesome to get! Might consider that in the future.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean even when you are on a firmware higher than 4.1 you will be able to boot into horizon without shorting the pins at every cold boot? You just have to short them once to enable the HBL?

5.0+ hasn't been confirmed to have a softmod only method yet, so you will need to short the pins to get into CFW as far as we know.

Reactions: chaoskagami

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...