United States

Amidaraxar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, good evening,

just to avoid committing anything wrong, is it correct that the latest Atmosphère (1.6.2) support the FW 17.0.0 and not 17.0.1?
One last question: which is the difference between the FW rebootless or not?

Thank you in advance

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

just to avoid committing anything wrong, is it correct that the latest Atmosphère (1.6.2) support the FW 17.0.0 and not 17.0.1?

Thank you in advance

1.6.2 support firmware 17.0.x, rebootless doesn't require a reboot, but you should use the regular firmware, that is what most people would use.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Thank you in advance
Atmosphere 1.6.2 works with 17.0.1 as it doesn't have any significant change to the main code. Rebootless firmware updates usually contain only bad words filter, so it doesn't matter whether you've updated to the latest rebootless or not.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Rebootless is minor update above normal firmware. If you want to have most recent fw you should use latest rebootless update. It does not require reboot only if update from previous the same version fw.

Reactions: Blythe93

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I am on 17.0.1 rebootless update and it works fine with Atmosphere 1.6.2.
I updated SysMMC the official way and dumped that with Tegraexplorer and then used the dump to update EmuMMC with Daybreak.

Reactions: laz305 and Blythe93

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my switch in a while, what else would I need besides the atmosphere 1.6.2 (master and fuse) and the 17.0.1? I forgot

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so it seems to be different than before - I believe last time I onky had to use a app like daybreak or something and then select the few to update. I'll follow that update tutorial but how would I do it for 17.0.1? Because the sigpatch from that page 1 is for 17.0.0

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I haven't updated my switch in a while, what else would I need besides the atmosphere 1.6.2 and the 17.0.1? I forgot
Latest Hekate, sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (grab Tesla + nx-ovlloader as well, for convenience) because these are required for games to work.
Additionally, make sure that you have DNS MITM as well, in order to block Nintendo servers if you ever plan to connect to the Internet (e.g. to use homebrew appstore).
Make sure to uninstall any custom theme before updating.

If you've used either Haku33. TegraExplorer. EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour to clean or reset your console in the past, it probably won't be able to boot once you update to the lastest firmware. To fix it, make sure to boot into Atmosphere v1.6.1 or higher (v1.6.2 is currentčy the latest version) on sysMMC. Check here for more info.

Because the sigpatch from that page 1 is for 17.0.0
17.0.1 didn't have any changes done to the actual code so the sigpatches for 17.0.0 work for 17.0.1 as well.
Post automatically merged:

It's also worth mentioning that starting from the next Atmosphere's release, if you're loading Atmosphere's package3 via fusee.bin. kip patches will no longer work.
You'll need to load package3 via Hekate instead.
More info can be found from this post onward. A detailed explanation can be found here as well, courtesy of @impeeza.

Last edited by Blythe93,

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest Hekate, sigpatches and/or sys-patch module (grab Tesla + nx-ovlloader as well, for convenience) because these are required for games to work.
Additionally, make sure that you have DNS MITM as well, in order to block Nintendo servers if you ever plan to connect to the Internet (e.g. to use homebrew appstore).
Make sure to uninstall any custom theme before updating.

If you've used either Haku33. TegraExplorer. EmmcHaccGen or ChoiDujour to clean or reset your console in the past, it probably won't be able to boot once you update to the lastest firmware. To fix it, make sure to boot into Atmosphere v1.6.1 or higher (v1.6.2 is currentčy the latest version) on sysMMC. Check here for more info.

17.0.1 didn't have any changes done to the actual code so the sigpatches for 17.0.0 work for 17.0.1 as well.
Post automatically merged:

It's also worth mentioning that starting from the next Atmosphere's release, if you're loading Atmosphere's package3 via fusee.bin. kip patches will no longer work.
You'll need to load package3 via Hekate instead.
More info can be found from this post onward. A detailed explanation can be found here as well, courtesy of @impeeza.
Oh ok. Well I believe I last updated my switch back when I was playing megaman battle network and the Crisis core games. I don't really remember if I used any of those apps in the past to fix any issues like soft brick/ reinstall to update cfw but not 100% sure. I only have wifi on for local play like using my switch pro controller (or maybe Bluetooth controller when I get it since my joycons have drift) and when I was/am trading Pokemon between my games/switchs so I have madterballs and rare candys in my other game while working on dexs). I usually have/keep my device on airplane mode and I don't 100% remember if I did the blocking or not.

Reactions: Blythe93

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with atmosphere v1.6.2 when i boot into cfw right after the nintendo logo it goes into sleep mode i have to press the home button like three times to get it to turn on after that it works normally it does not happen every time but most of the time i dont know if its an atmosphere issue or if the problem is on my end does anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?

Starwarsfan2099

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an issue with atmosphere v1.6.2 when i boot into cfw right after the nintendo logo it goes into sleep mode i have to press the home button like three times to get it to turn on after that it works normally it does not happen every time but most of the time i dont know if its an atmosphere issue or if the problem is on my end does anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?
I've noticed this too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: I asked one of my fave translators