Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm trying to run Alien Hominid HD and Alien Hominid Invasion, but both crash at certain points (HD after completing a level and Invasion right after pressing start) and I've found that it worked in airplane mode

So I thought it was because of this prodinfo thing, even tho I wasn't on 17.0.1 FW (I updated when trying to fix it and it doesn't change anything)

So I've tried to disable exosphere prodinfo blanking, restoring my prodinfo from my clean sysnand using both nxnandmanager and tegraexplorer, then using the dns thing from atmosphere to basically do 90dns all the time but I'm not quite sure my prodinfo has been restored. I don't really know how to check that, I've tried multiple times but the only thing I've found to check my prodinfo is tinfoil and it shows me a blanked prodinfo so I guess I still haven't restored my prodinfo somehow, but I would have liked another tool to double check just in case

Anyway, I just don't know what to do at that point, I've updated in hope that maybe it's because it's a weird bug because I'm on the latest atmosphere update yet I'm still on 15.0 FW (or 16 I don't even remember), and it wasn't that so now I have no idea how to solve this crash

Also, it's not a fatal error, it's just the game freezing for a while then black screen saying there was an error then back to the main menu. Nothing too dangerous but I would like to play the games and most importantly, I would like to know how to fix that problem because now that's even more interesting than playing the game tbh ...

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I'm trying to run Alien Hominid HD and Alien Hominid Invasion, but both crash at certain points (HD after completing a level and Invasion right after pressing start) and I've found that it worked in airplane mode

So I thought it was because of this prodinfo thing, even tho I wasn't on 17.0.1 FW (I updated when trying to fix it and it doesn't change anything)

So I've tried to disable exosphere prodinfo blanking, restoring my prodinfo from my clean sysnand using both nxnandmanager and tegraexplorer, then using the dns thing from atmosphere to basically do 90dns all the time but I'm not quite sure my prodinfo has been restored. I don't really know how to check that, I've tried multiple times but the only thing I've found to check my prodinfo is tinfoil and it shows me a blanked prodinfo so I guess I still haven't restored my prodinfo somehow, but I would have liked another tool to double check just in case

Anyway, I just don't know what to do at that point, I've updated in hope that maybe it's because it's a weird bug because I'm on the latest atmosphere update yet I'm still on 15.0 FW (or 16 I don't even remember), and it wasn't that so now I have no idea how to solve this crash

Also, it's not a fatal error, it's just the game freezing for a while then black screen saying there was an error then back to the main menu. Nothing too dangerous but I would like to play the games and most importantly, I would like to know how to fix that problem because now that's even more interesting than playing the game tbh ...
check your card for failures and/or use files get from another source or redump your files.

Reactions: BigOnYa

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
check your card for failures and/or use files get from another source or redump your files.
Just did all that, doesn't work
Idk what you mean by « use files get from another source » as they're my own.

So I've checked my sd card for errors on windows, then used tegraexplorer to dump my prodinfo from my clean sysnand and flashed it to my dirty emunand. Tinfoil still sees it as XAW00000000000 and Alien Hominid still crashes.
Made sure my prodinfo was « normal » on my sysnand too, and it works as it should. Made sure I updated to the latest tegraexplorer too, everything is up to date.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just did all that, doesn't work
Idk what you mean by « use files get from another source » as they're my own.

So I've checked my sd card for errors on windows, then used tegraexplorer to dump my prodinfo from my clean sysnand and flashed it to my dirty emunand. Tinfoil still sees it as XAW00000000000 and Alien Hominid still crashes.
Made sure my prodinfo was « normal » on my sysnand too, and it works as it should. Made sure I updated to the latest tegraexplorer too, everything is up to date.
If your sysnand shows up fine, then extract the prodinfo from your sysnand and inject in to your emunand.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If your sysnand shows up fine, then extract the prodinfo from your sysnand and inject in to your emunand.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do with tegraexplorer but it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if it's because my emunand is file based, I've tried to do it with NXnandmanager too, same thing (actually that's how I tried first time)

I've also tried to restore the very first prodinfo backup I had, I got it from the very first Incognito homebrew released by blawar at the time. Tried to restore it with Nxnandbackup but it told me something about trying to restore a decrypted thing into an encrypted one and couldn't do that. Idk if it's related but yeah ....

Still looking for a tutorial or something to help me get through the steps and see what I'm doing wrong. So far between the youtube tutorials and reddit threads I've just found a single guy that tried the same thing than me and described the steps that I followed (but it worked for him) so I don't know what to do.

EDIT : Weird thing that's happening rn. Mounting my sysnand with Hekate and dumping my prodinfo with nxnandmanager, at first glance it seems to dump fine but when I open the prodinfo file just to check it, the dumped file doesn't seem to match since the first sector is now set at 0 (0x0), the last sector does match. So idk where it's coming from, idk if there's a config file in atmosphere that's supposed to be enabled or something, but I'll keep investigating.

Last edited by LightBeam,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That's exactly what I'm trying to do with tegraexplorer but it doesn't seem to work. I wonder if it's because my emunand is file based, I've tried to do it with NXnandmanager too, same thing (actually that's how I tried first time)

I've also tried to restore the very first prodinfo backup I had, I got it from the very first Incognito homebrew released by blawar at the time. Tried to restore it with Nxnandbackup but it told me something about trying to restore a decrypted thing into an encrypted one and couldn't do that. Idk if it's related but yeah ....

Still looking for a tutorial or something to help me get through the steps and see what I'm doing wrong. So far between the youtube tutorials and reddit threads I've just found a single guy that tried the same thing than me and described the steps that I followed (but it worked for him) so I don't know what to do.

EDIT : Weird thing that's happening rn. Mounting my sysnand with Hekate and dumping my prodinfo with nxnandmanager, at first glance it seems to dump fine but when I open the prodinfo file just to check it, the dumped file doesn't seem to match since the first sector is now set at 0 (0x0), the last sector does match. So idk where it's coming from, idk if there's a config file in atmosphere that's supposed to be enabled or something, but I'll keep investigating.
Do you have your biskeys?

https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager#emunand-files - here is how you open a "files" emunand

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have your biskeys?

https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager#emunand-files - here is how you open a "files" emunand
I do
And that's what I followed to open my emunand (tho my path is emuMMC/HPE0, not /sd00/ tho idk if that's relevant, it does lead to the same files)

It seems that I did flashed my prodinfo correctly if I trust nxnandmanager but it still appears « blank » on tinfoil and I don't know why. Double checked I had exosphere disabled too and I don't think the hosts files are going to hide my prodinfo, right ? So I don't know what to do. I'll try to reinstall atmosphere just to be sure

EDIT : Just reinstalled atmosphere and that didn't changed anything, might give up because I have no clue what's going on

Last edited by LightBeam,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I do
And that's what I followed to open my emunand (tho my path is emuMMC/HPE0, not /sd00/ tho idk if that's relevant, it does lead to the same files)

It seems that I did flashed my prodinfo correctly if I trust nxnandmanager but it still appears « blank » on tinfoil and I don't know why. Double checked I had exosphere disabled too and I don't think the hosts files are going to hide my prodinfo, right ? So I don't know what to do. I'll try to reinstall atmosphere just to be sure

EDIT : Just reinstalled atmosphere and that didn't changed anything, might give up because I have no clue what's going on
if you just check normal system menu? Ignore Tinfoil.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you just check normal system menu? Ignore Tinfoil.
Didnt knew I could check there, much more handy. But yeah, same thing unfortunately.

I even tried to enable some options on atmosphere config (at least temporarily) like reading cal0 and writing_bis something, but that didn't helped. Thought that sys-patch could interfere too but disabling it didn't helped either. I'm running out of options right now. I'm wondering if using that very old Incognito thing somehow did something to my console but I think I'm just starting to go paranoid
There's also a file that seems to be named like my actual prodinfo in the automatic backups folder that atmosphere makes (iirc before when it was blanked it was named « INVALID_PRODINFO.bin », now instead of INVALID there's my exact serial number that's still printed on my console, so something must be blanking my thing but I don't know what

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had trouble on my launch-day switch, but forgot to check exosphere before messing with prodinfo. Ended up finally getting my lauch switch banned, because I was stupid and opened tinfoil on cfw sysnand (which installed itself to the home screen).

Anyway, my problem was with HOW I extracted prodinfo in the first place. Instead of the regular extraction, I chose the decrypt to location option (or something like that), and then my SN showed up correctly in emummc after flashing that one.

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Didnt knew I could check there, much more handy. But yeah, same thing unfortunately.

I even tried to enable some options on atmosphere config (at least temporarily) like reading cal0 and writing_bis something, but that didn't helped. Thought that sys-patch could interfere too but disabling it didn't helped either. I'm running out of options right now. I'm wondering if using that very old Incognito thing somehow did something to my console but I think I'm just starting to go paranoid
There's also a file that seems to be named like my actual prodinfo in the automatic backups folder that atmosphere makes (iirc before when it was blanked it was named « INVALID_PRODINFO.bin », now instead of INVALID there's my exact serial number that's still printed on my console, so something must be blanking my thing but I don't know what
As @linuxares wrote, you could try with latest incognito-rcm , it has dumping and restore Prodinfo function, but not sure it has been updated for 17.00 (last time I used it, had to downgrade to 16.00 and upgrade back to 17.00)

Note that it's also capable of generating a Fake serial that works and bypass the limitation of 17.00 OFW that bigN introduced

Reactions: Blythe93

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As @linuxares wrote, you could try with latest incognito-rcm , it has dumping and restore Prodinfo function, but not sure it has been updated for 17.00 (last time I used it, had to downgrade to 16.00 and upgrade back to 17.00)

Note that it's also capable of generating a Fake serial that works and bypass the limitation of 17.00 OFW that bigN introduced
https://github.com/s0t7x/Incognito_RCM_Mod this mod seem to ignore the pkg1 error so possible it might be the needed one

https://github.com/TTghostsemir/Incognito_RCM - this one support 12-16 atleast

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@LightBeam , on my opinion, you should stop on relying to Tinfoil, ... Was a Time when it was *really nice " , but was a long Time ago...

Don't want to start a debate, but the fact IS that développers have made a lot more, not exluding users.

Last edited by Maupiti,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@LightBeam , on my opinion, you should stop on relying to Tinfoil, ... Was a Time when it was *really nice " , but was a long Time ago...

Don't want to start a debate, but the fact IS that développers have made a lot more, not exluding users.
Long live DBI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL