Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
so we could kill anyone and dont feel bad about it

I'm not religious, I'd still feel bad if I would kill someone. We're more than pavlov dogs you know.

QUOTE said:
there would be no purpose to live,

How about survival of the species?

animals do that,

No they don't. A lot of animals don't kill their own kind for no reason. Unlike humans. If you think religion STOPS people from killing, wake up, smell the coffee.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If you religion STOPS people from killing, wake up, smell the coffee.

04-19.jpg
istockphoto_2541027_wakeup_and_smell_the_coffee.jpg
jesus.jpg

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its slightly humours how the anti religous people really have no logic or backing to any of their arguments, they are just putting personal feelings and scarcasim mixed with crazy ilogical ideas, and tossing them up in the air. When they are shot down they go, ah oh well who cares anyway.

I guess thats the truth isnt it. If you have no faith. You have no hope. Nothing to look foward to. So who cares. You can say what you want, and it doesnt matter if it makes since. When you die in your mind you compleatly dissapear.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Let's distinguish "faith" and "belief system" from "religion". Faith is good. Religion boils down to:

128292588561683750puturmoneein.jpg

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
If you have no faith. You have no hope. Nothing to look foward to. So who cares.

I care. I hope to make a difference, however small, in this world. I hope people will be more accepting of each other even if they have a religious dispute. I hope we will be more careful with both this world, the other animals living on this world and each others lives. I look forward to having children, to continue sharing my life with the ones I love, to continue trying to make the ones I love happy. I don't need religion for any of that. If I die, I die. I'll see what happens then. For me what happens to me after I die, has nothing to do with the way I stand in this world.

I care. Just not about god(s).
smile.gif

kitty.jpg

Jesuskitty loves everyone.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Its slightly humours how the anti religous people really have no logic or backing to any of their arguments, they are just putting personal feelings and scarcasim mixed with crazy ilogical ideas, and tossing them up in the air.  When they are shot down they go, ah oh well who cares anyway.

I guess thats the truth isnt it. If you have no faith. You have no hope. Nothing to look foward to. So who cares. You can say what you want, and it doesnt matter if it makes since. When you die in your mind you compleatly dissapear.
It's slightly humorous how religious zealots really can't read a whole thread, or even proof-read their own posts, they are just putting flamebait posts and incorrectly-spelled words along with the open admittance of a psychological disease (imaginary friends in the skyyyy...)
And when they are shot down they go, ah, oh, well, your life sucks, you have no hope, nothing to look forward to.
laugh.gif

God gave you a brain. Start using it!

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
THERE IS NO BAND!

Or spoon.

Or cake.

The cake is a lie.

Gwahaha true XD

(yes i'm new my first post)

I could rant about religion and stuff, but the thing is, aethists don't want to believe that god exists. I'm not gonna try to prove to someone who doesn't want to believe. It's useless.

Edit: Also i can't really rant about science and disprove it either, since i'm only 15, therefore my knowledge is limited (e.g. i have never heard of the chaos theory, but since you mentioned butterflies, i'm guessing it's the butterfly effect? And all i know about that is that a butterfly fluttering it's wings could somehow cause a hurricane on the otherside of the world... or something like that. I'm too lazy to go wikipedia it, i just wanna read the rest of this thread, then go play DotA
biggrin.gif

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Oh and...
Religious nuts always try so hard, and fail even harder because they don't realize one simple thing.

You can insult atheists all you want. But you'll always be the idiots in that battle, because atheism can be destroyed with only ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE.

Go on, now. Present your evidence, and God wins. OR, you can keep looking like a dumbass religious zealot.

Well ok, let's say a God provides concrete proof of his existance that can't be denied by anyone; hang on, what's our reason for existing again? What are we but mere puppets if we can't make choice - in this case the choice to believe in a God. From this you could even say (and many people do) that the human ability to make decisions (based on a mix of logic and conscience) is the very meaning of life itself.

If heaven exists and a God wants people to live there, does he want mindless followers who have no choice but to believe, or does he want people who have faith in him even in the face of scoffing and adversary?

Many people would say there is evidence of God in nature, human behaviour, etc. If it's there, it's certainly not definitive from a scientific point of view, but that's the whole point - people can make their own minds up based on their own observation and experiences.

Exactly.

As someone said before, Science states how, not why. For example, if you lived on another planet where supermen existed, and you grew up living with them etc, you wouldn't think 'OMG FLYING SUPERSTRONG MAN AWESOME', there would be a 'scientific' explanation for it. There *is* proof, but it's something usual, therefore is disregarded. What the anti-religion aethists want is UNusual proof i.e. they want to see someone walking on water or something.

QUOTE(azotyp @ Nov 23 2007, 02:28 PM)Im a scepticall type, but theory that universe was self created with some big bang is full of crap (if universe was like made by big explosion, so what created that explosion, if in previous time there were nothing), that's why i believe in GOD.

The bing bang has many theories, but none can be proven, and i doubt they will ever be proven. *agrees with azotyp*

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
These manuscripts are verified for their authenticity, translated and retranslated constantly

That was my point. No translation is fully accurate. Even now they continue to update everything with the latest findings. More importantly translation and interpretation would differ from scholar to scholar. It's an ever-evolving series of findings. The problem is these findings aren't widely known. It's not as if every Christian is willing to upgrade their Bible annually to the latest "version". If anything I would imagine a process like that would lower the number of people who are unwavering in their belief.

Version 1 of what we know as the modern Bible: "This is the Bible! It is the word of God. EVERYTHING IS ACCURATE. IF YOU AY OTHERWISE YOU GO TO HELL"
biggrin.gif

Version 2: "This is version 2, the last one was a bit off, our bad. But THIS version is 100% accurate, to doubt it is to commit the ultimate sin!"
smile.gif

Version 3: "Ooookay, turns out our last version was WAAAAAAAAAAAY off. But this one, this is the real deal."
huh.gif

Version 4: "Uhhh... um... new version guys. Guys? Where are you going! I swear this FINAL version it's accurate! I SWEAR ON THE HOLY BIBLE."
dry.gif

Version 5: "You know what? F%#& this. I've been a religious devotee for years, preaching the word of this so-called book of ULTIMATE TRUTH."
mad.gif

My point is, all these different versions, all these different interpretations, most of the general religious population probably doesn't even know what the CURRENT "truth" is.

I'm a muslim (don't flame me or call me a terrorist etc., even though i don't know if you do that here), so we have the 'Quran'. That only has one 'version', and has never been edited, so i have no idea wtf you're talking about. I *think* they found an ancient quran before, not sure though, i don't look into these things too much.

Edit: (was reading while posting) QUOTE(xcalibur798 @ Nov 23 2007, 10:34 PM)
dont want to start anything here but thats not the case with the koran
its always kept in the same arabic it was made in
and wheneevr its translated the original is right next to it

exactly what i just said

FrEEz902

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Free will is something God gave u. You have ur choices. The choice u make is ur free will.

God knows the future of what u choose. Free will does not stop becoming free because God knows what will happen.

Predestined and all starts to happen when we try to bring logic to something beyond our comprehension.

Well i believe that every choice you make, and every thing that happens has already been decided, yet, quote the matrix lol 'you just have to realise it'. Basically if someone found a way to look at their 'fate' i.e. it says that tomorrow he'll eat a cheese sandwich at 4:23 PM for example. Then he decides to deny his fate and *NOT* eat that sandwich. It would be 'written' that his fate was that he found out his fate about the cheese sandwich therefore did not eat it. So you *DO* have free will, but whatever choice you make, it has already been made, depending on what you choose (yes i know wtf).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1