atheism.jpg

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, noone has claimed there was nothing that magically exploded. But instead it was always there only not in the same shape. That is, it was more compact and then expanded.

Also, tell me something that does happen for a reason.
tongue.gif

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if I'm not mistaken, noone has claimed there was something that magically exploded. But instead it was always there only not in the same shape. That is, it was more compact and then expanded.

Also, tell me something that does happen for a reason.
tongue.gif

Stated really really well!!

Also, your poster is horribly wrong. The m theory states that the cause of the big bang is due to membranes rippling and touching each other, which than causes the big bang. Besides what makes more sense. A particle explosion that can be explained by science, or the belief that one big ass guy said let there be light, and all of the sudden everything came to be.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Religious nuts always try so hard, and fail even harder because they don't realize one simple thing.

You can insult atheists all you want. But you'll always be the idiots in that battle, because atheism can be destroyed with only ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE.

Go on, now. Present your evidence, and God wins. OR, you can keep looking like a dumbass religious zealot.

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Religious nuts always try so hard, and fail even harder because they don't realize one simple thing.

You can insult atheists all you want. But you'll always be the idiots in that battle, because atheism can be destroyed with only ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE.

Go on, now. Present your evidence, and God wins. OR, you can keep looking like a dumbass religious zealot.

Sorry... what?
blink.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan

Go on and live your pathetic and meaningless life. You are one pessimistic, unhappy, jerk. Religion is not all about believing that one entity that rules all, it's about guiding us in a righteous, ethical, and moral path. Although there are many who claims to be "religious" and sin at the same time, they do not represent the rest of us, and those I do not respect. However, you have no reason to look down on all religious people, as much as I do not look down on all atheists. On top of that, can atheists themselves provide a solid evidence that God is not real? Until aesthetics have complete evidence, what you said was completely useless. You stand on the same ground as us. I don not hate non-hypocritical atheists, and I look upon every human being in equal grounds no matter what background or religion they have, I am open minded. You are almost the same as the very people you are trying to insult. Believing in a religion does not make you a "dumbass". I hate those hypocritical atheistic bastards who thinks religious people are automatically idiots. The greatest minds in the history were religious. Einstein once said: "Atheists Miss the Wonder of the World". Although I do not completely agree with that comment, I've seen one too many pessimistic atheists.

D

Deleted User

You don't need religion to be moral and ethical. I'm an atheist, but that doesn't mean I think murder and adultery is okay.
tongue.gif
It's an insult to the humans to think that we need religion to be good people.

It's not about being pessimistic or optimistic ... it's about being realistic. Just because it's optimistic to think I'll live an immortal life in heaven if I simply believe in a god ... doesn't mean I'll believe in it. I'm totally fine with thinking that I will live a finite life ... the way every other animal/organism on earth has a finite life. And even if I want to believe in God (or a god), I can't. I can't bring myself into believing in mysterious, invisible, supernatural beings. Belief is not a choice.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How the heck does not believing in a magical being make you a pessimist? I'm open to new ideas, just new ideas that have some sort of logical proof, which religion doesn't offer. Religious folks like throwing out that pessimist bull, but if you really look at it...in the end, they are pessimists. They believe they know the answers to the universe and how everything will end. Why does the Sun burn? Oh, because God did it...the end. How did humans come to be? Because God created us, we don't need to look back and see our evolution through the billions of years that the Earth has been here.

As an atheists, I don't need to prove the nonexistence of your God. My atheism stems from the simple fact that there is zero proof of a God. Hence, it's called faith. If you want to phrase it that way, why don't you go disprove any other God, or anything imaginary. Try proving that Leprechauns don't exists.

The use of Einstein is such a wrong frame of reference. He didn't believe in organized religion either. He was a Deist. They don't believe in the same type of God that most monotheist religions believe. God simply created the Universe, he doesn't care about you, he doesn't judge you, he's doesn't have a place for you in heaven. He's like a father that just took off after having screwed your mother.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
-Edit- Well, the discussion isn't that bad...you fellas seem mature enough to discuss it in a proper manner.
Damn...I gotta stop backseat moddin'
biggrin.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
You don't need religion to be moral and ethical. I'm an atheist, but that doesn't mean I think murder and adultery is okay.Â
tongue.gif
 It's an insult to the humans to think that we need religion to be good people.

It's not about being pessimistic or optimistic ... it's about being realistic. Just because it's optimistic to think I'll live an immortal life in heaven if I simply believe in a god ... doesn't mean I'll believe in it. I'm totally fine with thinking that I will live a finite life ... the way every other animal/organism on earth has a finite life. And even if I want to believe in God (or a god), I can't. I can't bring myself into believing in mysterious, invisible, supernatural beings. Belief is not a choice.
That's not what I'm saying, as I said I got nothing against atheists, there are many atheists who are good people (although I do not agree on their beliefs). Religion is to guide sad people like him, however, there are good people who do not need to be guided.
I didn't judge atheists, I judged this person based on his post.
@Jiggah, I have muslim parents, but I also do not believe in organized religion. However, I am not an atheist, just like Einstein.
I am religious, but not superstitious. I don't believe in magical beings.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncyclopedia said:
Atheists believe that living in your parent's basement, playing video games, and insulting religious people on internet message boards all day is an excellent and fulfilling lifestyle. Atheists also believe that they are the only ones good enough to be scientists and that any other religion and science are completely incompatible. To get the general public to believe this, they spread the lie that all Christians are conservative Republicans who believe literally in the creation story.

QFT
rofl2.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uncyclopedia said:
Atheists believe that living in your parent's basement, playing video games, and insulting religious people on internet message boards all day is an excellent and fulfilling lifestyle. Atheists also believe that they are the only ones good enough to be scientists and that any other religion and science are completely incompatible. To get the general public to believe this, they spread the lie that all Christians are conservative Republicans who believe literally in the creation story.

QFT
rofl2.gif
WHO ARE YOU TO POKE FUN AT MY LIFESTYLE.

- Sam

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Atheism has only come to be because there is not a single viable shred of evidence proving god's existence.

However, every scientific advancement thus far has never supported what the bible says to be true. On top of that, some advancements contradicts the bible itself.

Holding religion to self in a passive manner is completely fine. However, being a zealous idiot is not.

Edit: Frankly, a passive-religious uses their religion more as a philosophy than a religion. Think about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1