Ashton Kutcher replaces Sheen

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And the new star of Two and a Half Men is… Ashton Kutcher. The Hollywood Reporter says the actor is "putting the final touches" on a deal that will have him replacing the fired Charlie Sheen in the series, which is TV's number one comedy. Specifics of his deal aren't known, but the Reporter says Kutcher is getting a "huge payday" for the series.

CBS was working hard to line up a new star for the series before their Upfront presentation next week, when they announce their full 2011-2012 lineup. Hugh Grant came close to signing on, but that deal fell through several days ago. The Reporter says that after talks with Grant broke down, Kutcher's deal came together quickly. [/p]

Source

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
WTF
hateps3.gif
I liked him on that serial.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
...Couldn't they just, um, let it go?
If the main character suddenly transforms into an entirely different person...yeah, how would that work?

Not to mention how popular Sheen got after being fired, people are gonna pay attention to him, not them.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No Sheen, no series. You can't replace the character on which the entire audience focuses on and expect them to carry on watching.

I personally watched only the early episodes. I'm not a fan, but it was "watchable". Can't imagine it without Sheen though.

Besides, the character he played fits the way he tries to picture himself for the media precisely.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It's bad enough replacing the actor of a char in a show, even worse replacing a very specific NAMED character, with someone else. Charlie Sheen =/= Ashton Kutcher, unless the show is suddenly retrofitted to be able Ashton, and Sheen never existed, and that's even WORSE.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
You think a show, a very popular one at that, about a semi-family friendly CHARLIE SHEEN may have a rejuvenating boost by replacing CHARLIE SHEEN AS CHARLIE SHEEN, with ASHTON KUTCHER? O....k. I may not like the show, but I realize how stupid this prospect is. Might as well have gotten Morgan Freeman to play the role of CHARLIE SHEEN.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ashton Kutcher as Micheal Kelso on That 70's Show is one of my favorite TV characters of all time.

With that said, I don't think he is going to be Charlies Sheens character but an entirely new character who will somehow be related to Charlie and Alan.

Here is a quote from a Kutcher about this.
QUOTE said:
I'm starting to become convinced that people put my name in articles just to improve their SEO (search engine optimization) or hoping I'll tweet it.
icon11.gif
Source of quote

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
geminisama said:
You think a show, a very popular one at that, about a semi-family friendly CHARLIE SHEEN may have a rejuvenating boost by replacing CHARLIE SHEEN AS CHARLIE SHEEN, with ASHTON KUTCHER? O....k. I may not like the show, but I realize how stupid this prospect is. Might as well have gotten Morgan Freeman to play the role of CHARLIE SHEEN.
THIS!!!
Make it happen people.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is just a rumor, but I honestly think the producers should just scratch the show and start fresh with something else entirely. Two and a Half Men had a good run, but it's over. They need to face that fact and move on with their lives.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ahaha what, you guys are crazy, there's no way they would just switch actors for Charlie's character
rofl2.gif

... right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Pleasure to meet you +1