ROM Hack ASH (archaic sealed heat) translation project

Status
Not open for further replies.

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
clegion: No, it didn't. I believe they were just discussing the patch that was leaked long ago. Besides, psycoblaster now has some measures in place to hinder such an occurrence.

That aside, I'll be resuming editing the script by tomorrow or sometime within the week. I had to stop the past week or so, since I had pre-finals and finals for university. My brain's a bit mushy from it, and the writing style I use for my academic papers is still clinging to my tongue. Trust me, none of you would want me to resume editing at the immediate moment; my revisions would just sound like my university papers. xp

rejin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steirina said:
clegion: No, it didn't. I believe they were just discussing the patch that was leaked long ago. Besides, psycoblaster now has some some measures in place to hinder such an occurrence.

That aside, I'll be resuming editing the script by tomorrow or sometime within the week. I had to stop the past week or so, since I had pre-finals and finals for university. My brain's a bit mushy from it, and the writing style I use for my academic papers is still clinging to my tongue. Trust me, none of you would want me to resume editing at the immediate moment; my revisions would just sound like my university papers. xp

lol i know what you mean. just had my finals

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tester here, reporting a little bit... let people know that we are not slacking lol

I'm now at Chapter 16 (off 32) And wow the difficulty really kicked up from here...

I haven't entered much Typos bugs so far, it really seems clean... the typos I found were already noted by other testers...

What I did found that really slowed my progress were Freezing Crash... One Freeze in particular, a HEALING power freeze the games... which really sucks when I'm injured and need to heal my party... if I uses EMU's "honor" skill the game freezes... there were also other freezes but there were workarounds...

Hoping we'll get a new patch soon that will fix the crashes (and typos) :-)

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
steirina said:
clegion: No, it didn't. I believe they were just discussing the patch that was leaked long ago. Besides, psycoblaster now has some measures in place to hinder such an occurrence.

bleh, i thought it was leaked again, and i thought we all forget about this?

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tester here again, just thought I'd make a weekly report here... last week I was at chapter 16, and today I've just started chapter 21, doing roughly 1 chapter a day... there's a total of 32 chapters so I'm hoping to do a complete walkthrough by the end of the year :-)

Anyway, recently I've been getting a few recurring errors... some that, on the script it is perfectly fine, but in-game it is broken text (missing or going off screen and we cant read), apparently no one found those so it's all good, starting to feel useful now haha :-)

I dont want to be a friggin' little tease but... I Still think this is one of the best SRPG I played in a while :-)

See ya next time!

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow never tough there was a english translation for this game, i had bought this one for a real while
and got stuck thus i could not continue the game and gave up, i still have a DS and i would like to try
this beta testing for this game but since i imagine you cant patch an original copy i have to test it on a
rom and pass it on a flash cart right? i have both of them since there were some games i could not export
thus i would like to sing up for this beta test.

Can i still sing up for the beta test? in on vacation so i can play it and serch for bugs all you want since im a
programmer a i know japanese too if that helps, just to make it clear im profesional japanese speaker, writter
and reader, so can i beta test this game?

if you guys need something contac me trough msn any work will be donde fast since in on vacation,
cheers.

mushimiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LEDAHGRIM said:
wow never tough there was a english translation for this game, i had bought this one for a real while
and got stuck thus i could not continue the game and gave up, i still have a DS and i would like to try
this beta testing for this game but since i imagine you cant patch an original copy i have to test it on a
rom and pass it on a flash cart right? i have both of them since there were some games i could not export

Can i still sing up for the beta test? in on vacation so i can play it and serch for bugs all you want since im a
programmer a i know japanese too if that helps, just to make it clear im profesional japanese speaker, writter

if you guys need something contac me trough msn any work will be donde fast since in on vacation,
cheers.

lol... nice english ^^
and any chance this would be done by Christmas?
would be a good present lol

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LEDAHGRIM said:

cheers.
You might be a professional japanese speaker, but a) I don't see how that helps here, b) your English really isn't up to scratch, and c) you're too late to sign up to beta test. If you had paid attention and read everything here (like a good tester should), you'd know that.
So basically, no.

WanderingFallen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Many congratulations on this project. I know myself [and everyone else in the community] are anticipating a final, polished release.

That being said, I know it might be too late for another tester but I would like to take the time to introduce myself anyway.

I am a 20 year old male from Canada with creative writing and film production experience. I've been playing video games since I was about 7 years old. My first introduction to Japanese RPGs happened with Final Fantasy II for the SNES when it came out [of course we all know that one as number IV in the series] and I've become a fan of them ever since.

I'm currently studying Print Journalism [although our course content branch off into "online" as well] with hopes of either working for a gaming or alternative culture publication. [Heck, maybe even starting my own]

I've just finished my first semester and am enjoying the rare time off I get during my studies - in this case 3 whole weeks - I don't go back to class until the middle of January. This of course means ample time off wich I am trying to fill with reading books, writing critiques, short stories or just general everyday musings. I've even gone as far as considering starting my own blog but I'll see if anything ultimately comes out of it.

Forgive me for the lengthy introduction but, I'm willing to lend you an extra hand if you need one.

Again, many congratulations and best holiday wishes to everyone!

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad, well ill just continue my other ds translations, im abot to finish the complete patch for
tales of innocence and tales of the tempest only one more week and ill release them, good luck guys,
ohhh and i alredy completed the patch for ys crhonicles for the psp and ys seven.....

i just wanted to help but i guess everyone here are too harsh....

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tales of the tempest wasn't rated very well, if there were to be a translation for it, i wouldn't be all too stoked -_-
(tales of innocence is being released soon enough by throughhim413 and his team as they have been working hard and long on it)

and we aren't too harsh, you just need to learn to read. (you'll probably come across some mean members in the future though, it is the internet after all)
first post states that the beta testers have been chosen.
and if you were to advertise yourself in a way that you can help out in a translation, try to proof read your words before posting otherwise showing a lack of english may hinder your chances of beta testing. You're very welcome to help in the community here, but you just need to be sure what you're helping, how're you're going to go about it. If you still really want to help even though it's rather late as the first post already states that the testers have been chosen, I'd say pm the first poster Psychoblaster. Just don't expect a reply right away as Psychoblaster is a busy person and may often get many pms from other members as well.

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah dont worry, but alas.... ash is a japanese game thats why i mentioned it would come in handy
to have someone who already knows the languague, thus translate and make sure what's
happening in-game, and i dont lack english it's just that i have bad spelling, but when im in a work
like this i take real care to not have any since that's what profesionals do.

and i know tales of the tempest wasn't rated well, but i wanted to have the game in english thus i
translated it, even if no one is expecting a translation i will release the patch, just to please the gamers xD

I'll try contacting the poster tough like you said i may not be lucky but still, maybe he could use a extra
hand ^^

clumzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't wait for your Tales of the Tempest and Tales of Innocence patches! Woot!
bow.gif

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
LEDAHGRIM said:
Too bad, well ill just continue my other ds translations, im abot to finish the complete patch for
tales of innocence and tales of the tempest only one more week and ill release them, good luck guys,
ohhh and i alredy completed the patch for ys crhonicles for the psp and ys seven.....

I really don't believe you're translating anything. Even if you were, I wouldn't wanna play it because your English is atrocious.

shadowzeroX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
LEDAHGRIM said:

I really don't believe you're translating anything. Even if you were, I wouldn't wanna play it because your English is atrocious.

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2