• Likes 41

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah 3rd/4th *

Anyways Yeah I'll try. So anything in the null slots can be legal right?
the null slots are simply not checked by the game. anything and I mean ANYTHING there will pass as legal, though for abilities they will not be able to be assigned as learned in-game (though adding them to the learned list via editor works and passes as legal). Skills in null slotsa work universally. The only catch is you cannot have any skills or abilities in the last slot of any of the learned or equipped lists or the game will crash at various points (equipped skills is extra picky as totaling more than the memory allotment [6 if level 40+] will either crash the game or remove all equipped skills).
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interestiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing *downloads, uses it, and breaks game

...shit
Just sit tight. I'll be sharing a stripped down version of my save once I complete everything legitimately (not including DLC quests). You'll be able to import all of your data from your current game over it to be instantly in the end-game with access to virtually everything you could need.

SpiritRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the quest completer. After using it, it seems that even though all the quests are completed, it hasn't given the Awards for completing them (though it did give the awards for beating the Lv10 Deviant monsters). I also seem to be missing one Villager Request which I assume must be an item delivery, but it appears to be impossible to access now. Is there any way to fix this? And sorry if somebody has already asked, it's just far too time consuming to sift through 149 pages of comments to see if it has already been addressed.

EDIT: Though I haven't figured out the problem with the Village Request, I did discover that all you have to do is complete any quest of each rank to get the respective award.

Last edited by SpiritRaider,

bournejason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'll share experience how import a cat broke my game.
I imported the 'BrokenAF' cat several days ago, and everything was just fine untill yesterday when I reached HR4 and increased my Palico max number, then if I select 'Palico skills' in the board, the game crashed.
At first I thought it was because I modified my healing palico, but after validating with both the checking tool and palico generator I think it is legit.
So I finally noticed the 'BrokenAF' cat changed lv50 to lv20 which should be the level cap I had, after I dismissed it, my game never crashed again...

TL,TR, illegal cat (not the cat itself, but the time it shouldn't appear in your game) brings too much trouble

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll share experience how import a cat broke my game.
I imported the 'BrokenAF' cat several days ago, and everything was just fine untill yesterday when I reached HR4 and increased my Palico max number, then if I select 'Palico skills' in the board, the game crashed.
At first I thought it was because I modified my healing palico, but after validating with both the checking tool and palico generator I think it is legit.
So I finally noticed the 'BrokenAF' cat changed lv50 to lv20 which should be the level cap I had, after I dismissed it, my game never crashed again...

TL,TR, illegal cat (not the cat itself, but the time it shouldn't appear in your game) brings too much trouble
it only brings trouble if your level cap isnt 50 yet :/

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the quest completer. After using it, it seems that even though all the quests are completed, it hasn't given the Awards for completing them (though it did give the awards for beating the Lv10 Deviant monsters). I also seem to be missing one Villager Request which I assume must be an item delivery, but it appears to be impossible to access now. Is there any way to fix this? And sorry if somebody has already asked, it's just far too time consuming to sift through 149 pages of comments to see if it has already been addressed.

EDIT: Though I haven't figured out the problem with the Village Request, I did discover that all you have to do is complete any quest of each rank to get the respective award.
You're only supposed to only use it once you unlock everything. Just restore the save before you used it.

Last edited by APM,

Thearesia

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey @APM , I found a problem when you try to import Insect Glaves into the game, it will show only the staff and no kinsects. If you brought the weapon to a quest, the game will freeze. Looking forward on this project :)

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @APM , I found a problem when you try to import Insect Glaves into the game, it will show only the staff and no kinsects. If you brought the weapon to a quest, the game will freeze. Looking forward on this project :)
Yeah it crashes since it won't have a kinsect. Just manually make one yourself

Reactions: iSharingan

xAnotherDaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
the null slots are simply not checked by the game. anything and I mean ANYTHING there will pass as legal, though for abilities they will not be able to be assigned as learned in-game (though adding them to the learned list via editor works and passes as legal). Skills in null slotsa work universally. The only catch is you cannot have any skills or abilities in the last slot of any of the learned or equipped lists or the game will crash at various points (equipped skills is extra picky as totaling more than the memory allotment [6 if level 40+] will either crash the game or remove all equipped skills).

Just sit tight. I'll be sharing a stripped down version of my save once I complete everything legitimately (not including DLC quests). You'll be able to import all of your data from your current game over it to be instantly in the end-game with access to virtually everything you could need.

Only thing that needs to be done is monster sizes... So far truth be told, it is the most huge pain in the ass...

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's called BROKEN for a reason. *SLAPPED*

the null slots are simply not checked by the game. anything and I mean ANYTHING there will pass as legal, though for abilities they will not be able to be assigned as learned in-game (though adding them to the learned list via editor works and passes as legal). Skills in null slotsa work universally.
Wait...what? You mean you can have a cat that has moves in all slots except the last, and the game won't even care? :wtf:

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's called BROKEN for a reason. *SLAPPED*

Wait...what? You mean you can have a cat that has moves in all slots except the last, and the game won't even care? :wtf:
Yup, anything that's on the null slots and the ----- slot can be anything. Game doesn't check it for w/e reason

Mcloving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, anything that's on the null slots and the ----- slot can be anything. Game doesn't check it for w/e reason

So, just to confirm. Provided the moves in the slots before the ---- is correct, I can put whatever move I want in the null slot and the game will not recognizeit as being illegal and will allow me to use it online?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just to confirm. Provided the moves in the slots before the ---- is correct, I can put whatever move I want in the null slot and the game will not recognizeit as being illegal and will allow me to use it online?
Yeah @iSharingan figured out that you can put any skills on and after the ------ slot (Just make sure the last slot is a null). As long as the skills prior are legal, the game won't check the other slots. However, you have to equip the actions from the editor because you won't be able to equip the actions after the ------- slot in game.

Last edited by APM,
Reactions: iSharingan

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But are you still limited by the normal max amount of slots you can equip?
Or are you able to add as many skills as you want?

APM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're limited to the amount of memory your cat has. If it goes over, you will crash if you view the equipped actions/skills.

I'm sure you can edit cat to have all the default skills and learned them onto your cat via the editor.

Last edited by APM,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the maximum number of skills you can ever equip is 6 (all must have a memory cost of 1 and your cat must be level 40+ - of course after you unlock the last level cap increase for cats). The nice thing is that skill (not abilities) crammed into null slots can be equipped in-game. Only null slot 'learned' abilites are required to be added to the equipped list via the editor. Keep in mind the last equipped ability slot must remain empty of the game will crash.

I'm trying to copy a save from one to system to another using JK's Save Manager, but it keeps freezing on the new system.
Try copying the guild card ID from a new save made on your target system over the GC ID on your save you're trying to move (I suspect that system-specific half of the GC ID might be messing with things, but I'm not 100% sure). I suspect you've edited something on the save, though (like importing a cat) as that shouldn't be happening.

If all else fails, use the character exporter (linked on post 1) to export your old save's character, then import it over a new character made on the new system's save. That has proven to work when I was testing it with Candy324

Last edited by iSharingan,

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There iiiiiiiiiiis something that can do that, but it's reeeeeeeeally recommended that you not bother. Apparently it breaks things.
yush my new fresh character is stuck in village 1 and all other villages are locked away.

this fresh character was on purpose created for test it so its ok.

SpiritRaider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm, just a quick another question about the editor, but how do I use it to change Palico levels? Whenever I set them to Lv50 and set the experience to an appropriate amount, it just resets them back to their normal level when I load the game. And yes, I made sure I saved the changes, I'm not that dumb.

Knitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm, just a quick another question about the editor, but how do I use it to change Palico levels? Whenever I set them to Lv50 and set the experience to an appropriate amount, it just resets them back to their normal level when I load the game. And yes, I made sure I saved the changes, I'm not that dumb.

1) You need to go on a quest and get the game to load it for you.

2) Did you even do the required quest to unlock the palicoe levels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)