• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Rouk123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Greetings. I apologize right away for my poor English. Your application starts, but when I try to load the save from the switch, it gives an error "first upload the file", while the data windows are empty, nothing can be edited. If I click save in the program, then my save is saved. It seems that the data just does not appear in your program. Please help)) Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• system.rar
    833.7 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by Rouk123,

NotACat

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Greetings. I apologize right away for my poor English. Your application starts, but when I try to load the save from the switch, it gives an error "first upload the file", while the data windows are empty, nothing can be edited. If I click save in the program, then my save is saved. It seems that the data just does not appear in your program. Please help)) Thank you in advance!
this is a MHX/MHGen thread - which is on 3DS not Switch

BahamuthZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@APM hello,sorry for bothering you but there's quite some link that gone dead,like the quest completer tool.Also,the save editor lacking some stuff like Monsters Crown Edit.I see a lot of time passed so you probably dont care to add those things(?),but to have them it would be really nice.

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running into an issue and I'm sure this is the best place for it.
So I'm using Checkpoint v3.7.4 and the save editor v0.18. What I'm only trying to do is change my character's appearances. Hair, face, voice, features, etc. Literally only the cosmetic options to my character.

However, every time I try to upload (restore) my edited save, the changes never take affect. Actually, what happens is that my MHG save data somehow returns to its previous state! (Never mentions corruption or anything.)
Once I use the editor and make changes, I make sure that once I save the editted "system" file, I make a copy and name it to "system_backup" so it mimics what Checkpoint extracts. in other words, there's "system" and "system_backup", both holding the same edited data as each other in the same folder. But again, whenever I restore from my modded save, it never applies.

What could I be doing wrong?

EDIT:
So I figured it out. Turns out that the features color I changed (from pink to green) was somehow the only appearance option that wasn't updating through this process. I didn't figure to load my save and check My House's Item Box to see if other appearances changed. Still weird that the features' color wasn't updating through this process. Thankfully in-game options exists for this.

Last edited by Stash23, , Reason: Update

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
I'm running into an issue and I'm sure this is the best place for it.
So I'm using Checkpoint v3.7.4 and the save editor v0.18. What I'm only trying to do is change my character's appearances. Hair, face, voice, features, etc. Literally only the cosmetic options to my character.

However, every time I try to upload (restore) my edited save, the changes never take affect. Actually, what happens is that my MHG save data somehow returns to its previous state! (Never mentions corruption or anything.)
Once I use the editor and make changes, I make sure that once I save the editted "system" file, I make a copy and name it to "system_backup" so it mimics what Checkpoint extracts. in other words, there's "system" and "system_backup", both holding the same edited data as each other in the same folder. But again, whenever I restore from my modded save, it never applies.

What could I be doing wrong?
Why don't you just use the in-game editor to change these things?

Stash23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just use the in-game editor to change these things?

Sorry, I was just being short-worded just to get my message out... But I'm using the editor to also change skin tone, voice, and face.

EDIT:
So I figured it out. Turns out that the features color I changed (from pink to green) was somehow the only appearance option that wasn't updating through this process. I didn't figure to load my save and check My House's Item Box to see if other appearances changed. Still weird that the features' color wasn't updating through this process. Thankfully in-game options exists for this.

Last edited by Stash23, , Reason: Update

KimKong

Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician
Trophies
Website
skrap-klan.itch.io
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry, I was just being short-worded just to get my message out... But I'm using the editor to also change skin tone, voice, and face.
You don't understand... What I'm telling you is that you can edit all these things in the game itself tho! You dont need a savegame editor to do it!!

Koragi385

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking over these multiple pages of info / questions and I don't yet see an answer to the one about Insect Glaives and how the Insects are not showing as part of the weapons that are imported w/ the APM Save Editor. The weapons pop in just fine, but you cannot level up a Kinsect after feedding it, it seems, as it shows no Kinsect attached to each of the weapons (and the level is 0). The info that shows 'Level Up' while upgrading and what is unlocked at which levels is all completely blank.

I noticed someone mentioned a Hex editor of sorts, but I've been all over this APM program and there doesn't seem to be anything there. Putting items into your inventory does nothing because it doesn't even give you the ability to select 'Level Up' when upgradding the Kinsect itself. Funky, I know.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been looking over these multiple pages of info / questions and I don't yet see an answer to the one about Insect Glaives and how the Insects are not showing as part of the weapons that are imported w/ the APM Save Editor. The weapons pop in just fine, but you cannot level up a Kinsect after feedding it, it seems, as it shows no Kinsect attached to each of the weapons (and the level is 0). The info that shows 'Level Up' while upgrading and what is unlocked at which levels is all completely blank.

I noticed someone mentioned a Hex editor of sorts, but I've been all over this APM program and there doesn't seem to be anything there. Putting items into your inventory does nothing because it doesn't even give you the ability to select 'Level Up' when upgradding the Kinsect itself. Funky, I know.
Craft a crappy insect glaive, then edit the glaive ID. The editor does not initialize the kinsect data like the game does.

Reactions: Koragi385

Koragi385

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually a really smart idea. Thanks for the suggestion! I took the long route and just grabbed all of the crafting materials and started building and upgrading every item. lol

Kroller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anybody please help me with the encrypt and decrypt tool needed for this? I can't load my save data without it. The editor keeps saying invalid file name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1