ROM Hack Anyone know enough to make it possible to extract/repack Dragon's Dogma ARCs?

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot can definitely be done with mods, but one thing to bear in mind as far as draw distance goes is that, if I'm reading correctly, the game engine basically is designed to be compartmentalized, so I'm not sure how much you can do. I never particularly noticed it draw distance being a problem in this game, but if you're talking about stuff like when you look at the mountain from the town it's effectively simulating that view. What you would actually have to do is modify the map itself and increase detail rather than adjusting a draw distance setting. And you'd have to do that for every map...

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll bump this on the off chance someone with the knowhow might happen to see it. Most likely it's just going to lie forgotten by the wayside which is really kind of sad because this game is made quite a lot more fun with just a little bit of modding.

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll bump this one last time I suppose. The game has been out more than two years now and it really legitimately is a good (perhaps even underrated) game, but a few things like the inventory management detract so much from the enjoyment. Plus there are a lot of extra little things mods do for this game that are just plain nice. This is a game that generally actually plays very well on console, but not many people are still using PS3s and Xbox 360s (neither of which can be disconnected and played in portable mode for that matter.) It really sounds like the only single thing preventing simply reusing the same mods (though perhaps textures may require that "swizzling" or whatever) is simply that extra bit of compression -- a compression that it sounds very much like may even already be known. I'm hoping at some point the right person with the sort of know-how might seriously consider trying their hand at it, but I guess if no one does after this it's probably safe to assume the modding community has no interest in this game anymore.

DogmaEnjoyer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. So one guy ported russian translation for dragon's dogma on switch, i asked him how did he do that cause it's need to be deompressed first, and he answered me that it's uses "oodle" compression using parts of 256kb. He also told me that it's possible to mod switch version (he tryed light on armor mod). Can you look at the game with that new info please? Cause I cannot even unpack NSP file, idk how xd.

Nazosan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there are several ways to extract and anyone can do any of them. You can extract from an installed copy on your Switch by running nxdumptool (which can also extract from cartridges.) Obviously that requires a CFW. On PC you have several options. You can point the Ryujinx or Yuzu emulator to the game and then add its update (in Ryujinx you right click the game and select the option to add the update there. In Yuzu you have to install the update to its emulated NAND.) I know a couple of other methods, but these are fastest and easiest.

That said, I personally wouldn't know how to do anything with the files. It's beyond my ability to modify the existing tools or make new ones to unpack or, more importantly, to repack the game's files. Hopefully someone who can might see this, but honestly I think everyone decided they didn't care pretty much from day one on this game. :sad:

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Current .arc extractors don’t have Switch support so if there’s a tool to uncompress oddle maybe it could be easier handle the files

Reactions: Herculeex

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!