Gaming Anyone else disappointed Mario Kart 8: Deluxe isn't a launch title?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,890
  • Replies 82
  • Likes 5

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is essentially the same version of the WiiU with the same graphics (at least they looked identical to me) but with new content added to it. On MK8-Deluxe there's now the possibility to hold 2 items, proper Battle Stages and new characters to play as. That's just awesome!

April 28th isn't that far away but it would have been great as a launch title for sure.

the basic idea is to not force people to have to decide between zelda and mario kart at launch.
buy zelda, play it, get bored with it, save up new money, move on to mario kart

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm pretty sure I've posted in this thread before but idk what I posted or if I even posted so whatever lmao
I'll go off of only the title on this
Short answer: For foreign people's wallets (a.k.a. Basically everyone out of the U.S,), it's not a bad thing. That way you'll save money and buy shit later
For the rich americans: Most are disappointed because they have the money to buy it but won't get the chance to on launch, the game is most likely complete, blablabla
Ninty's going for like 1-3 big releases per quarter going off of what they've revealed so people have the money to buy the damn games. (They're a business after all)
Overall: No, I'm not disappointed, it's good for my wallet.

Last edited by Imacaredformy2ds,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can bet there will be a Switch + Odyssey bundle close to Christmas
Think it will depend on if the Switch is hot or struggling. If it is hot probably not. Put a less in demand game in the bundle like 1,2 Switch or MK8DE, so they can still get the $60 Odyssey sale.

Imacaredformy2ds

Smartass
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Think it will depend on if the Switch is hot or struggling. If it is hot probably not. Put a less in demand game in the bundle like 1,2 Switch or MK8DE, so they can still get the $60 Odyssey sale.
12S should've been a pack-in title to begin with
IMO they'll bundle both of them for $350

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
didnt they say it will never have bundles though?
What Nintendo system never have a bundle? I'm just arguing that it would never have one this early into its life. Bundles should be reserved when sales start to stagnate, not when its just starting out and establishing itself. To me that would be a sign of weakness.

Reactions: thorasgar

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i could have sworn i saw a front page post saying it wont have first-party bundles.
Maybe they meant at launch, which would be true that nothing will be bundled (good luck selling that tech demo for $50, Nintendo) but I do believe they will eventually have some heavy hitters packed with the system 2-3 years down the road. Maybe both Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, who knows.

Reactions: thorasgar

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they meant at launch, which would be true that nothing will be bundled (good luck selling that tech demo for $50, Nintendo) but I do believe they will eventually have some heavy hitters packed with the system 2-3 years down the road. Maybe both Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, who knows.
honestly i would just expect companies to take advantage of that and just make their own bundles

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly i would just expect companies to take advantage of that and just make their own bundles
Usually when something like that happens the retailer is doing so in cooperation with the manufacturer which is in turn offering the retailer some discount. If nintendo doesn't want to discount the margin loss is all on the retailer.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually when something like that happens the retailer is doing so in cooperation with the manufacturer which is in turn offering the retailer some discount. If nintendo doesn't want to discount the margin loss is all on the retailer.
ah, makes sense

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course then you get the GameStop type bundles where it costs more to by the bundle than each item separately. (BotW and pro controller)

darkten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12S should've been a pack-in title to begin with
IMO they'll bundle both of them for $350

Contrarian here: I dunno about this. I've seen a good chunk of the mini games in there and it has replay ability. I don't know if I would have priced it where it is, but I would not have given it away.
For one thing, it seems pretty clear there are no enticements needed outside of the core feature set for them to have sold millions of the tings already, essentially sight unseen...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Of course then you get the GameStop type bundles where it costs more to by the bundle than each item separately. (BotW and pro controller)

Oh, Gamestop. That has got to be one of the slickest anti-consumer fronts around now :)

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not excited about it. its mostly mario kart 8. I want mario kart 9, not 8.5...... im not spending another 60 on a game i already have.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I'm disappointed that is a title... a port from other console.. not a proper Mario Kart for a new console....
Mario Kart 8 is one of the best of the franchise and honestly, the WiiU version was kind of crap since it was incomplete (no proper Battle Mode stages).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock