Gaming Anyone else disappointed Mario Kart 8: Deluxe isn't a launch title?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,911
  • Replies 82
  • Likes 5

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
itll be a cleaver marketing tactic.... thats also if nintendo arent going to deliberately create a shortfall of units to create a hype for demand.

think about it, make xxx number of units but not enough to cover demand then creates desperation and more hype, also fools people into thinking because its short number of stock must mean its something to own if its always sold out.

also, we know too well that fans will buy the system for Zelda alone, inc Zelda fans........ so hey what about mario kart fans..... lets delay this game then when we predict sales of the console to slow down, then lets release this game and it should boost interest again and sales.

me personally id rather get zelda on the wii u (if i had one) but like the reason why i dont own a wii or a wii u is why i wont buy the switch.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This never made sense to me. What would be so damaging to release a bunch of titles at once? Are people somehow barred from buying it later on for some unknown reason. Having more options is always good.
Ever hack a system? And able to download any game you want?
If so the thing that happens most is you end up downloading 100 games and only playing 2. You simply dont have to time to play them all and forget about the other.

Now think about buying the games.
If your already playing 2 games you wouldnt go buy a 3rd. You pass it up an forget about it since you have other games and your busy with them. By the time your done with those games there will be new stuff out. So your end up skipping (mario kart) and getting something new.

Timing is everytime. Most people only buy 1 or 2 games at a time and play those for a month or so then move on to a new game.

Breaking up the release dates helps with this alot.
It puts more Focus on the game.

And if spaltoon would of ben a launch game i probably would of passed it up. But since it launchs a few months after im looking into it so that i have something to play around that time

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ever hack a system? And able to download any game you want?
If so the thing that happens most is you end up downloading 100 games and only playing 2. You simply dont have to time to play them all and forget about the other.

Now think about buying the games.
If your already playing 2 games you wouldnt go buy a 3rd. You pass it up an forget about it since you have other games and your busy with them. By the time your done with those games there will be new stuff out. So your end up skipping (mario kart) and getting something new.

Timing is everytime. Most people only buy 1 or 2 games at a time and play those for a month or so then move on to a new game.

Breaking up the release dates helps with this alot.
It puts more Focus on the game.

And if spaltoon would of ben a launch game i probably would of passed it up. But since it launchs a few months after im looking into it so that i have something to play around that time

I endorse this! Amen!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
It's a lesser-known game for sure, but it looks great. 1080p60 4-player splitscreen and it'll cost $30 at most. Just the fact that it's one of the few downloadable titles at/near launch should give it some spotlight.
No one's saying the opposite, the game's great. The name.. not so much.

No they needed to space out games. If not most people wouldnt buy them.
People aren't going to buy if there's not a game they're interested so it's a flawed tactic anyway.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People aren't going to buy if there's not a game they're interested so it's a flawed tactic anyway.
Yes that is true, but they felt zedal was more of a seller and space it that way. Just think if MK8 was launch and zelda was a fee months down. Most people would buy it.
Its hard to pick which games are released first but its still always good to breal up release dates

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who has Deluxe in their name I have to agree its a terrible name. Not as bad as naming your game after the system though, so that's a step in the right direction (Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS)

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is also the media/internet narrative to consider. Go to long without a AAA release and the words unsupported/dead/failing/struggling start getting used more and more.

Typical post "Should I buy a Switch? Is this a good time?"

12 responoses "Fucking Nintendo hasn't released any games on this POS for over 4 months. They are abondoning it and I spend $300 on it. Fucking waste of money, never buying Nintendo again."

Last edited by thorasgar,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This never made sense to me. What would be so damaging to release a bunch of titles at once? Are people somehow barred from buying it later on for some unknown reason. Having more options is always good.
It creates HUGE competition between each game;
People wouldnt bother buying something like bomberman if they can get something like mk8 (just an example, not to be taken literally)

The smaller fish get eaten.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It creates HUGE competition between each game;
People wouldnt bother buying something like bomberman if they can get something like mk8 (just an example, not to be taken literally)

The smaller fish get eaten.
Alright, but I'm not suggesting to release every single game that is available on the system but rather if its development is completed it just wouldnt make sense otherwise. If Super Mario Odyssey was finished by the end of summer it should release at the end of Summer. Thats just my opinion.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, but I'm not suggesting to release every single game that is available on the system but rather if its development is completed it just wouldnt make sense otherwise. If Super Mario Odyssey was finished by the end of summer it should release at the end of Summer. Thats just my opinion.
You do know that they complete like 4 or 5 games at the same time. Its different teams and different devs. So you cant just release them all at the same time.
Mario is being held to make sells during the holidays when alot of people spend money.
They can pick up a switch and mario at the same time.

IF you have only $60 gaming budget.
and lets say launch games are Zelda, Mario kart, Mario odyssey and Spaltoon. What do you buy?
Then next month you only have $40 budget and another new game comes out.
Then next month you have no money
month after that 10 games drop and you only got $60.

With that it would seems to me that your only going to buy 2 or 3 games at most and miss out on alot because your back logging for the older games.
And your trying to get new ones at the same time.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You apparently aren't running a business. If they got a golden ticket, of course they going to release it around when most people are willing to open their wallets. It's just simple business.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You apparently aren't running a business. If they got a golden ticket, of course they going to release it around when most people are willing to open their wallets. It's just simple business.
I never said I'd run a business, but thanks for asking.

No one is being stopped from buying it from anytime after it releases, then again with how Nintendo likes to short supply their products I could be wrong on that aspect.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

No one is being stopped from buying it from anytime after it releases, then again with how Nintendo likes to short supply their products I could be wrong on that aspect.
On their games I never seen short stock. It's mostly their hardware since I think it's companies like Foxconn that makes them instead of Nintendo themselves.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On their games I never seen short stock. It's mostly their hardware since I think it's companies like Foxconn that makes them instead of Nintendo themselves.
Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3 come to mind. There are also some 3rd party games that dont get supplied well enough, I dont blame Nintendo for that but its worth mentioning.

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Maybe Nintendo's doing this so that when people finish Zelda they'll have something to play with for the time being while Nintendo and 3rd parties work on other games

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing to consider is having a holiday release is important especially for kids. Not saying Mario is a kids game, but a lot of kids will want it. If they release in let's say August there will be some households that get it then and others will want to wait until Christmas. The problem with that is Timmie down the street has it and your kids have been over there playing it after school or on the weekends.

By the time December rolls around, they have played at least a good percentage of the game and it is no longer special. They may want it but it is not at the top of their list anymore and if you do buy it for them it won't have the same magical punch. Maybe I will see if there is a used copy up on eBay for $20 cheaper instead of buying new. Lost sale for Nintendo.

Holiday releases are very important. If it isn't going to be Odyssey what is it going to be?

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not that people are being stop from buying the games but they forget about them. Zelda is hype right now. But to tell the truth a few months from now it wont have the hype and if people are in the market for a game and something else is out at that time. They can only get one game it would be a toss up.
Do you get the old game you wanted but pass up months ago or get the new game that just came out.

Its marketing just how it goes.

And i dont remember nintendo ever shorting there games. There might have been 1 or 2 games that they didnt make a ton because they believe they wouldnt see as good

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom