Gaming Anyone else disappointed Mario Kart 8: Deluxe isn't a launch title?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,896
  • Replies 82
  • Likes 5

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be disappointed if Mario Kart 9 doesn't happen on the Switch, because this will show that Nintendo is just recycling Wii U games. Deluxe literally offers nothing major over the regular Mario Kart 8.
Of course they're going to recycle Wii U games that had a high attach rate, that system barely got any attention from consumers. Would be a waste if a larger population didn't get to experience MK8. From what I can gather, it's the most solid Mario Kart game to date, so why anybody would want Nintendo to jump straight to MK9 and potentially screw it up is beyond me.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of course they're going to recycle Wii U games that had a high attach rate, that system barely got any attention from consumers. Would be a waste if a larger population didn't get to experience MK8. From what I can gather, it's the most solid Mario Kart game to date, so why anybody would want Nintendo to jump straight to MK9 and potentially screw it up is beyond me.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to actually add extra content to MK8 and slap the switch logo on it, but I was referring to how this game ending up being the Mario Kart of the switch console, which is pretty disappointing for a new console.

Last edited by insidexdeath,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't be a bad idea to actually add extra content on MK8 and slap the switch logo on it, but I am referring to the fact that thiss game ending up being the Mario Kart of the switch console, which is pretty disappoting for a new console.
With MK8 and BotW so close to release, I seriously doubt those will be the only Mario Kart/Zelda games on the system. I wouldn't expect new ones for 2-3 years, but there are a lot of other IPs to get to first, especially if Nintendo is melding in portable IPs.

Last edited by Xzi,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With MK8 and BotW so close to release, I seriously doubt those will be the only Mario Kart/Zelda games on the system. I wouldn't expect new ones for 2-3 years, but there are a lot of other IPs to get to first, especially if Nintendo is melding in mobile IPs.
And how long did this Zelda take to develop? You think the started on the next one two years ago? :rofl2:

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
when has mario kart ever been a launch title anyway?
plus, mario kart = online,
which would mean servers would need to be up day 1.
good servers arent exactly nintendos strong suite

There's always a first and Bomberman R is an online-play game.

The fact that it corrects the 60fps issue the Wii U had is a big reason for me to want to purchase the game. Everything else is a bonus to me.

I never really understood the big deal with that. I played Mario Kart 8 to death on WiiU and the 59fps-thing never bothered me.

They're just intentionally spreading releases so that there's not more release droughts like Wii U had. Fast RMX is out near launch if you're in to more than one type of racing game, though.

FAST RMX is a cool game but it doesn't have the hype of a Nintendo-branded title.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always a first and Bomberman R is an online-play game.

I never really understood the big deal with that. I played Mario Kart 8 to death on WiiU and the 59fps-thing never bothered me.

FAST RMX is a cool game but it doesn't have the hype of a Nintendo-branded title.
If you do enough PC gaming small details like that become more apparent. Similar to the whole TN vs. IPS debacle that surrounds the New 3DS systems. I'm glad there will be none of that nonsense with the Switch and everyone will get an IPS screened system.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you do enough PC gaming small details like that become more apparent. Similar to the whole TN vs. IPS debacle that surrounds the New 3DS systems. I'm glad there will be none of that nonsense with the Switch and everyone will get an IPS screened system.
But what IPS panel?! Is it IPS-Pro? S-IPS? Which one is it?!

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be disappointed if Mario Kart 9 doesn't happen on the Switch, because this will show that Nintendo is just recycling Wii U games. Deluxe literally offers nothing major over the regular Mario Kart 8.
but see, dont forget, i needs mah mario party 11

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what IPS panel?! Is it IPS-Pro? S-IPS? Which one is it?!
Are you talking about for the New 3DS or Switch? Either way I'm not familiar with the exact specifics of IPS you are referring to but if you've ever seen TN and IPS side by side its a night and day difference.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Are you talking about for the New 3DS or Switch? Either way I'm not familiar with the exact specifics of IPS you are referring to but if you've ever seen TN and IPS side by side its a night and day difference.
Switch and I'm just messing around with you. Most IPS today are more or less the same. Just under different names because of company X creating it instead of company Y.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch and I'm just messing around with you. Most IPS today are more or less the same. Just under different names because of company X creating it instead of company Y.
I did a quick google search after you brought it up and the details seem way to minute to even have its own name. Its ridiculous.

Honestly I'm making more of a big deal out of it than necessary since I don't intend to ever undock my Switch

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And how long did this Zelda take to develop? You think the started on the next one two years ago? :rofl2:
I'm not suggesting the next one would be BotW-like. Maybe more like 3DS Zelda titles, isometric.

Which is exactly why they spaced it out, so MK8 could help drive more console sales. If they released it in March there would be no additional consoles to sell yet.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: thorasgar

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I did a quick google search after you brought it up and the details seem way to minute to even have its own name. Its ridiculous.

Honestly I'm making more of a big deal out of it than necessary since I don't intend to ever undock my Switch
I know right, but patents are the bastard here.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Which is exactly why they spaced it out,
Who's honestly excited for FAST RMX? Besides some Nintendo fans (I'm not, I am a bit hyped for Redout) who know what it is and past fans of that series, not really too many outside this realm. The name they chose, is as terrible as it was the "WiiU." It should have been given a catchy and memorable title but no, they're not into wanting to popularise their game.

It's not easy to think of a good memorable title but that's what they should have aimed for. FAST RMX (Switch)? FAST Racing NEO (WiiU)? FAST (Wii)? Come on.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have MK8 on Wii U and don't want to buy this game again on Switch.
I just hope online services on Wii U won't be shutted down too early like for the DS

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Who's honestly excited for FAST RMX? Besides some Nintendo fans (I'm not, I am a bit hyped for Redout) who know what it is and past fans of that series, not really too many outside this realm. The name they chose, is as terrible as it was the "WiiU." It should have been given a catchy and memorable title but no, they're not into wanting to popularise their game.

It's not easy to think of a good memorable title but that's what they should have aimed for. FAST RMX (Switch)? FAST Racing NEO (WiiU)? FAST (Wii)? Come on.
It's a lesser-known game for sure, but it looks great. 1080p60 4-player splitscreen and it'll cost $30 at most. Just the fact that it's one of the few downloadable titles at/near launch should give it some spotlight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Can't forget me fr