ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it's possible. The secure NAND will need to be updated through the editor, or save managers like svdt.

The secure NAND value is only read when booting the game, if the stored value in NAND is different from the one in the savegame, the savegame becomes invalid. RAM is being injected in realtime, so the NAND value is not read. Indeed, the NAND value is not on RAM.

It's completely possible. Unfortunately, some data like stored patterns, letters and streetpass houses can't be restored, since they are not in the RAM dump.
Ah, I understand now.

What would you recommend I do? I've tried injecting someone elses garden.dat file and I've made sure to update the NAND value with my most recent save, yet it still becomes corrupt.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was doing island minigames and I was wondering, is it possible to either do a ram dump of an island minigame maps or construct your town out of pieces from it?
You'd be missing the railroad/shops but a town made from them sounds nice.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
I was doing island minigames and I was wondering, is it possible to either do a ram dump of an island minigame maps or construct your town out of pieces from it?
That's what I've been trying to do but I don't think anybody has the island minigame acres.

there are actually some in the editor already, such as the starting acres (the ones with the stones where tortimer stands).

My life would be complete if I could just find the minigame cliff acres

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Been doing some digging in an old thread and found this :

http://pastebin.com/5NEcesfP

Only con is that it's all in french lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@marc_max

Is it possible adding this to the editor? (the hex addresses are from a ram, not garden
First Character's/Mayor's Emotions: 0x8920 - 0x8951
Second Character's Emotions: 0x12830 - 0x12857
Third Character's Emotions: 0x1C740 - 0x1C767
Fourth Character's Emotions: 0x26650 - 0x26677

There are 40 slots for emotions, and 40 bytes to fill for each character. Any value other than the ones listed here will result in an empty emotion slot.

Values
01: Happiness
02: Laughter
03: Joy
04: Love
05: Glee
06: Anger
07: Aggravation
08: Outrage
09: Worry
0A: Sighing
0B: Thought
0C: Sadness
0D: Distress
0E: Sorrow
10: Surprise
11: Disbelief
12: Shocked
13: Cold Chill
14: Fearful
15: Agreement
16: Inspiration
17: Curiosity
18: Heartbreak
19: Sleepy
1A: Bashfulness
1B: Resignation
1C: Mischief
1D: Delight
1E: Sneezing
20: Greetings
21: Pride
24: Sheepishness
26: Sunniness
27: Shyness
28: Disagreement
29: Mistaken
2A: Flourish
2B: Daydreaming
2C: Showmanship
2E: Shrunk Funk Shuffle

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a way to edit letters? I'm looking for a way to write them to villagers quicker than using the touch screen.
Wouldn't just writing letter on the touch screen be quicker than closing game, dumping save, connecting to PC, typing up letter, putting save back on SD, reinjecting then opening the game again?

Anyway, you'd have to dump your RAM, open it in a hex editor, find your letter and type it out in hex which unless you know perfectly would probably take awhile anyway. Villagers don't care how much is in a letter anyway. Just write something like "Thanks for being a friend." and attatch a present and it would have the same effect as sending them a full letter.

Reactions: RaineyFae

TheAnt317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't just writing letter on the touch screen be quicker than closing game, dumping save, connecting to PC, typing up letter, putting save back on SD, reinjecting then opening the game again?

Anyway, you'd have to dump your RAM, open it in a hex editor, find your letter and type it out in hex which unless you know perfectly would probably take awhile anyway. Villagers don't care how much is in a letter anyway. Just write something like "Thanks for being a friend." and attatch a present and it would have the same effect as sending them a full letter.
My idea was to do a bunch of them at once, not one at a time. But yeah, I wasn't sure how the rules of letter writing works in the game. Villagers usually send full-page responses so I figured that's what they want to receive.

carnationes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you need a specific browser version to use the dumper/injector for this? I'm using the RAM way not homebrew, but everytime I try to dump my ram, the browser crashes, with no colored screen, and when I pop my sd card into my computer there is no acnlram.bin file to access. I've tried many different dumpers but to no avail. Any help would be nice.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you need a specific browser version to use the dumper/injector for this? I'm using the RAM way not homebrew, but everytime I try to dump my ram, the browser crashes, with no colored screen, and when I pop my sd card into my computer there is no acnlram.bin file to access. I've tried many different dumpers but to no avail. Any help would be nice.
Yes, and if you're N3DS it won't work either way.

You can just dump your save then dump the RAM from that anyway.

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh so mine won't work then. I'm on 1.7552 and it's a 2ds with 9.2.0-12U. Is there anyway to upgrade my browser version then?
Any reason why you haven't gone full A9LH and are at 11.0?
Or using emuNAND at least and being at 11.0?
Either way, I'm pretty sure the exploit was supposed to work on that firmware.

Even if you don't want to hack, why can't you just boot homebrew menu, open a save extractor and get your RAM that way?

carnationes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why you haven't gone full A9LH and are at 11.0?
Or using emuNAND at least and being at 11.0?
Either way, I'm pretty sure the exploit was supposed to work on that firmware.

Even if you don't want to hack, why can't you just boot homebrew menu, open a save extractor and get your RAM that way?

I don't know what those are and my main o3ds xl is on 11.0. I bought this one so I could hack offline specifically for my acnl towns :o

I just spent the past 2 hours trying to boot through browserhack to get homebrew but it apparently doesn't work for that fw version as I've found out.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
So if I had any other 9.x -xx version it would work up to 9.5.0-22?
Yes, the -12 versions were special 3DS consoles with 9.x.0 versions with the browser updated, so it will never work. IIRC, there is no way to downgrade the browser (unless you use CFW, of course).
Just use the homebrew method.
I have 9.2.0-20E firmware on my new 3ds xl
Why when I load http://bit.ly/acnl_dump I get 032-1007 error on the browser? (Can't load the page)
That server has been down for some time. Follow the latest tutorial.

UranusDarkness

I hate this world
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, the -12 versions were special 3DS consoles with 9.x.0 versions with the browser updated, so it will never work. IIRC, there is no way to downgrade the browser (unless you use CFW, of course).
Just use the homebrew method.

That server has been down for some time. Follow the latest tutorial.
Works if I want to convert a dream town to a real?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm