how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
just look for a source code, if the source code is avaliable go to LICENSE or COPYING and see what type of license it is, if its GPLv3, GPLv2, GPL, AGPLv3, AGPLv2, AGPL, LGPLv3, LGPLv2 or LGPL then is free software, itll say "GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE" or "GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE" and so on, almost all of the software that calls itself "open source" usually have these licenses and are actually free software just called "open" by the developer, almost all the software i could find on something as common as Github has a LOT of free software lying there. (as a developer it isnt wise to distribute YOUR work under Github because the company is slowly dying) i just get aoftware from github but release my source codes under a git cloneable link and a FTP server on my own website, that is the best way to host your projects if you are a developer

also Discord is confirmed to sell your data to others and the government and also has more backdoors than skype

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google Hangouts. It's what my friends and I use on our phones and on our computers through the chrome extension, when we just want to chat.

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Google Hangouts. It's what my friends and I use on our phones and on our computers through the chrome extension, when we just want to chat.
yeah but none of that shit is encrypted, ill admit it is pretty good for video calls but then again it records everything you do and sends the packets to google which is a nono for privacy enthusiasts, but when i did use it two years ago the quality was phenomenal from the video calls and chats

SaaSS like Google Hangouts is heavily monitored and all cloud based too which can be frustrating, also requires using non free javascript code that you dont know what its doing in the background simply to run it

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but none of that shit is encrypted, ill admit it is pretty good for video calls but then again it records everything you do and sends the packets to google which is a nono for privacy enthusiasts, but when i did use it two years ago the quality was phenomenal from the video calls and chats
I suppose that would be an issue for people who cared. I've already pretty much sold my soul to Google so I couldn't care less lol. How does TeamSpeak fare in regards to security?

Last edited by Zerousen,

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that would be an issue for people who cared. 've already pretty much sold my soul to Google so I couldn't care less lol. How does TeamSpeak fare in regards to security?
Mumble would be better to use for this reason
162d96224595112b05d0586ee0af33b4.jpg

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's free
not free as in price, but free as in freedoms, as defined as the four essential freedoms of software defined by the GPL or GNU General Public License, source code must be avaliable, must be able to copy and redistribute copies, and be able to redistribute modified copies to help others or improve the software, to run it for any purpose and the source code be avialiable. software that puts you in control of the software not the developer in control of you
Yes it's free

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
not free as in price, but free as in freedoms, as defined as the four essential freedoms of software defined by the GPL or GNU General Public License, source code must be avaliable, must be able to copy and redistribute copies, and be able to redistribute modified copies to help others or improve the software, to run it for any purpose and the source code be avialiable. software that puts you in control of the software not the developer in control of you
Oh, no idea sorry

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you only care about voice buy a team speak server. My buddies and I were sick of Skype and we all chipped in for a server,3.50€ each for one year, and it is super worth it, no more random lag, dropped calls or outrageous resource consumption. Ventrillo might also do the trick, but I've never used it. Discord may also be an option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol