Hacking Almost all carts faces problem...

kohkindachi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
At first, i was thinking of buying G6L, but after reading 1 big thread(u should know
smile.gif
) that is extremely bad against G6L, i'm sceptical now. Ok nvm G6L gone, now try MS/SC/ etc etc BUUUT almost all carts have problems
cry.gif

I have a GBA SP and i use F2A Cart for my downloaded GBA games. From the first time i purchase, i never face any problem, and it has been abt 2 years. Can't believe DS Carts face so many problems. If only one, and one is enough, DS cart that is that perfect, that will be good
wub.gif

Now, which flashcart should i purchase
wacko.gif
and that has the LEASTTTTT
wacko.gif
possible error. Still i feel like buying G6 because of the simple design and the interference...but...hmmm :'(

ShinaKitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you already have a cart to play gba games and you want something cheap... i reccomend the sclite...
it has good ds support, and awesome homebrew support, and is really cheap (in price)... draw backs of it are... poor to ok gba compatability, a dated interface, and fat16

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a supercard SD and have NEVER had any problem with it
smile.gif
Plays all ds roms like its suppose to (except for a few that no flash cart can play) and runs just about all homebrew
smile.gif
SC!!!

s1r1u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well im also a supercard user since ds lite launch and i think its quite good with rom suport and i only experienced this "star wars problem"wich leads me to think that in the future i will start to have some problems but so far so good...
it s cheap but it does the task ...
at least until now

kohkindachi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I read that SC has been good so far. But starting from the release of starfox, there has been prob onwards.

I hope that this will not happen:
For every new games release, we need to upgrade/patch. That's troublesome.

I'm willing to pay a high price if there's a single cart that has 100% comp
smile.gif
but will that happen?DS-X? hmmm
unsure.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you dont really mind gba games, then just go for the supercard. they always update their software so you dont have to worry about new games not working.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got SC lite black but i sold it in less than a week. why? CUz i got a white ds! Lol. Now i'm getting white SC lite and not M3 lite when i got the opportunity. WHy? Because it's a lot more expensive (~1/2 more than supercard) and i don't play any GBA games anwyays.

kohkindachi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's really not that big a deal to update the stuff. Most the time you only need to update the software, with M3/G6 they uninstall the old one and install the new one at the same time, then you go and convert your games to what everyone says you need to and you're good to go. Even if you need to update the m3/g6 firmware, its not that big a deal either, and really easy to do and doesnt take long.

M3 and G6 also have safe mode which seems to work initially for most games, so if you don't know what to set, you can set safe mode and no trim and it will usually work. Lego star wars is a big exception to all carts (except ezf4??) so that shouldn't factor in to your decision. Edit: I guess with the new megaman ZX not saving, thats a factor too, but I remember M3 team releasing the Mario basket fix within a day or so. For me, this was no problem at all since I check GBATemp and other flashcard websites like 10 times daily so I was aware of the fix nearly as soon as it came out.

Think of it this way: No matter how you slice it, DS-Xtreme will cost you about as much as a new DS Lite. Even if you decide to get DS-Xtreme in the future, you should still be able to use a GBA Slot2 flash card with the DS-Xtreme's passme capability, so why not get a cheaper cart to begin with?

If you go with this way, I'd initially recommend you get a supercard if you just want more space for DS Games, and especially if you are getting a card just to last until you decide to get a DSX or not.

But then I remember that SC is not superb at playing GBA games, so if you do decide to get DSX (i do really think it will live up to the hype), then you might want to consider M3 lite or G6 lite.

I have a g6 lite and I love it to death. Great good looking interface, keeps me from having flashcart diarrhea (putting every possible game on the card just because i have so much space, then not wanting to play a game sometimes just because theres so much to choose from), and I take care of my stuff/have had no corruption problems.

I also have an M3 (minisd, not lite) and what I like about it is that its damned easy to not give a crap about transferring games and such, no eject cart or G6 nonsense, and the only thing I can imagine going wrong is if the spring that holds the miniSD in stops working for some unknown reason. But I like GBA games, and so I always prefer G6 because it lets you compress the roms, i like making my little fancy icons, and realtime saving is loads, and i mean LOADS faster than M3.

Regardless of how much I like M3 and G6, Supercard lite is probably right for you. I got one of those, and gave it to my girlfriend, who doesnt give a crap about icons and whatnot, and mainly plays bust-a-move, tetris, jigsaw puzzle game, new super mario, etc, and would never play a GBA game just because why settle for a one-screen game with 6 buttons if theres a two screen game with stylus input and 8 buttons? Also, remember the thing I said about your possible future DSXtreme pairing well with a supercard, since you said you have a F2A for GBA games.

Sorry for thre long post, but this is a topic that I always love to get into really deeply!
biggrin.gif

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All my carts EXCEPT NEO products work pretty much perfect. I don't rush and play the latest though as I am playing lots of stuff as it is. However I usually try a new game within 2 weeks of its release.

G6
WORKS PERFECT and I love the interface and now its only $100 dollars

M3
WORKS PERFECT and another good interface with more custom skins and works perfect. Cart is expensive and Can get more expensive cause you supply your own storage.

SC
WORKS PERFECT but with a shitty interface however the cart is cheap but you do supply your own storage which can add quite a few bucks.

EZTeam lost my buisness so I can't talk about them anymore. Probally ordering an eWin when I get my next shipment of slot1 cards. Anyway, most the errors people have are user releated I think cause I don't really have any problems with any of my shit besides NEOGARBAGE

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont understand if you dont want the hassle of updating and stuff, then just play your original game instead of a backup.

and the ds-x will be far too expensive. i got the dslink but some games just wont work yet, so i wont recommend it, unless you dont mind the little less compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can