Ace Attorney Investigation (2): Prosecutor's Path FINAL [RELEASE]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Auryn, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny Bunny from Japan

Feb 27, 2016
    Japan
    Shinjuku
    Congratulation:grog:

2. RileyG

RileyG Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2016
    Canada
    Is anyone else having trouble with this? Using beat or xdelta i cant get it to patch for whatever reason.

3. Auryn
    OP

Auryn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2011
    Swaziland
    Hi everybody,
    i wanted to take the occasion to say 2-3 things:
    1) welcome to all the people that completed the game and found the time to come back here and let a message in here. I really appreciate this and if somebody of the group is still following this thread, i think they appreciate as well. Actually this and me starting to look at twitch that took me down memory lane, made me want to translate again.
    2) nice to see that people are still downloading this after so long time.
    3) to the people having problems with patching, i am sorry but we are not following every update for every flashcard out there. Many people had problems and found a solution themself (by searching the internet or trying different combinations). Please go back and read this thread and you will maybe find the post that help you. I will just tell you that it seems that there are 2 versions of the rom online, if one not work, search for the other.

@WiiUBricker: sadly after we did AAI2, i tried to take the group to work on Ninokuni but sadly almost nobody followed (including me for personal reason) so it improbable that it will be done by us. Apart that, there is already a project that is working on it: http://gbatemp.net/threads/project-...y-dai-gyakuten-saiban-fan-translation.427572/
    I still have contact with some members of the group but sadly many are in bad shape in real life and can't /don't want to do translations because of personal problems. We are all growing up and sadly with growing up (believe me, i am 40+), life take different priorities.
    Anyway, after a long "absence" from translating, i actually never really stopped but i never really worked on something seriously example I tried to work on Gyakuten Saiban Jiten but it's a mess. After what i said on 1) about 2 weeks ago, I decided to pick up an old project of my and I am working more or less seriously on that. It's something easy and "light" for the PSX and I have somebody proofreading my work (yes, somebody from the old group) and actually enjoy working on it so much that i am thinking about many other projects i had in mind . Maybe a new start for trying to reunite the group or make a new one.

Anyway to everybody i wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

hackotedelaplaqu and SolidMario7 like this.
  4. milktoast

milktoast Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2016
    New Zealand
    Thank you so much to everyone that worked to make this translation - I never thought I'd be able to play this game and I am so happy and grateful for all the effort that the team put in. Thank you!

5. Raidou

Raidou Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Netherlands
    I've been an ace attorney fan for a long time and I remember being so incredibly disappointed when I found out the game wasn't going to be localised.

Skip to a few years after this and I found a fanlation of this game. To call it incredible wouldn't do it any justice. The translation is topnotch.

After finishing this game it became my favourite game (and it still is). So I just want to say: Thank you for all your hard work, you guys have done an AMAZING job.

6. Jujubell

Jujubell Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2016
    Thank you so much :3!

7. OctogenderIceBadger

OctogenderIceBadger Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2016
    United States
    Antartica
    Wow, thanks a lot guys. Very well done. i really love the Ace Attorney series, so I was very happy to find out a translation was made for this game. Thank you

8. dariushine

dariushine Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2017
    Venezuela
    Thank you all for making this patch, you did a very good job.

9. cityhunter

cityhunter Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    dream land
    hello guys,
    i search necessary software for translate this gam series
    anyone can help me and thanks for replies

10. Auryn
    OP

Jul 21, 2011
    Swaziland
    there is not one tool for all the games in the series. The 4 main games have an archive file with "everything" in it.
    aai1 has many things into the overlay files, aai2 more like the main eerie but different format from the main game.
    The control code should be different in every game so you need basically one tool for each game.
    take all I say with some grain of salt as I write from a hot night in Asia with many beautiful woman around me and some beer in my head :rofl2:

PS: for those who missed it, a demo for DGS has been released. Check Gbatemp frontpage for the link.
    Compliments to the group for the work.
    I will try to download it tonight and play it at the beach tomorrow :)

Last edited by Auryn, Jan 3, 2017
    Uwabami and Jiehfeng like this.
  11. cheddarboyee

cheddarboyee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    Thanks a ton for all the time and effort this must have taken! Huge fan of the Ace Attorney Series and always wanted to play this game and now I can. Congratulations on the achievement and thank you very much!

12. cityhunter

cityhunter Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    dream land
    yeah i know that Auryn brother :D every ds game is a diffrent from others
    for eemple aai team use a private software for translations
    i search any one has a software for any episode to series

13. matheus abreu

matheus abreu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2016
    Brazil
    For extract the scripts from the first 3 games you can use the dlg tool from this topic:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-ace-attorney-trilogy.444652/

It was developed to extract dialogs from the ds and 3ds version.

Last edited by matheus abreu, Jan 25, 2017
  14. cityhunter

cityhunter Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    dream land
  15. GoldNoway

GoldNoway Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    France
    Labyrinth City
    Hi,
    I think the AP-patch is out of date : It was released for the beta version of the patch, and can't be applied to the final patch.
    So, I wanted to know if there were any plans to release a working AP patch for the actual patch ? (Or, at least, give back a link for the beta) Thanks

(Btw, AAI2 don't seem to work properly on an M3 Real, using a 3DS on a9lh, if someone has an answer to that...)

Last edited by GoldNoway, Jan 29, 2017
  16. pachemapache

pachemapache Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2016
    Hey Auryn, I want to pm you but I don't know why I can't do it with this account, can I talk with you? I need some of the tools you used for this project, and I wanted to talk with you about something with the graphics. Thanks :D

17. Steve_Doido

Steve_Doido GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    Really nice work you guys did!

Last edited by Steve_Doido, Feb 20, 2017
  18. Lelouko

Lelouko Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2017
    Italy
    Thank you so much :)

19. Auryn
    OP

Jul 21, 2011
    Swaziland
    PM ed you. Maybe it works now.

20. DanCoaster

DanCoaster Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2017
    United States
    hey Auryn, I tried to use the patch on my m3 ds real card, and almost all the text (with the exception of the title screen) is a jumbled mess, I also tried to use the AP patch, but that just removed the translation! any idea what I did wrong/should do now?