Gaming About to flash 360, 2 red lights?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So I already set up my SATA card and took apart the 360. I connected the 360 to the SATA card through a SATA cable and opened up Jungle Flasher. My tutorial said that the next step was to turn on the 360, and I did. It turns on just fine, but in about 3 seconds, the 4 lights flash green for a bit and then I get 2 red flashing lights. I'm completely stumped as I've never even heard of this problem before. I know that when you get 2 red lights on the "left quadrant" it means that the 360 is overheated, but the red lights I get are on the top half (top left and top right lights). All the cables are plugged in correctly, and it's in a well-ventilated area. The 360 did not feel warm at all, either.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it do it when the drive is plugged in to the 360 or just the pc?. If it's just the pc, I'd ignore it and flash, it'll still be powering the drive fine.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Armadillo said:
Does it do it when the drive is plugged in to the 360 or just the pc?. If it's just the pc, I'd ignore it and flash, it'll still be powering the drive fine.
War can't access GBATemp for some reason, so here's his reply:
QUOTETell him I tried plugging everything back the way it was originally and I still get the error. I turn on the 360, the fan starts whirring, then it gets louder and louder, then I get the red lights.
When it's hooked up to the TV/monitor, it doesn't even display the boot screen
Also, the lights are located on the top half of the ring of light (top half if the console is placed in vertical position)

Chinman

Trophies
XP
Country
i've never heard of this either, does it still do this when you have the xbox set up as normal? personally i would get a connectivity kit and flash it that way, much easier, and they are cheap now.

reason being is you dont really want to turn on the 360 with the top case off, as it is no longer supporting the motherboard which warps upwards as it gets hot, and cracking the solder joints causing rrod. the top case pushes down on the fan shroud and disc drive to support the motherboard. this is even more severe when xclamp fix is used as the motherboard is no longer fixed to the bottom of the metal case. even on the falcon models the fans are insufficient to keep the 360 cool, the heatsinks still get so hot enough to burn your fingers, so it is very important to keep the motherboard supported on the top and bottom when the 360 is powered on

i think this happened to me on my first 360, took me many hours to flash my first one, after i found out my sata cable was faulty, 360 was on for ages without the top on, couple months later i got e74 error. i now use a ck3 pro and not had any problems since

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
There we go, managed to log back in. Weird... anyway, I'm still having the same problem when the 360 is hooked up normally. I guess I could try putting it back together and seeing if that works, but I doubt it will make any difference...

Also, I will not be getting one of those connectivity things. They are expensive, and besides, if my 360 won't even boot up normally, what's the point in flashing it?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's still doing it hooked up normally, then I got no idea. Far as I know no error on the 360 should light the top two quadrants red. Only thing I can think of, is if it's vertical and the top two are red, then for some reason the 360 isn't changing the orientation of the ring the of light (like it should when you flip horizontal to vertical), in which case it would just be the standard overheat error.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Alright, I'm putting it back together now.... is this basically an RROD? Should I send it to Microsoft? My 360 has already been flashed before, so will that be a problem? I still have the warranty sticker intact...

Update: Wtf? I put it back together and tried it out and it works just fine. How is it possible that I only get this "RROD" when the console is dismantled?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Connect it to a TV and see if the error code pops up to be certain.

Apparently, there's a way to cycle the actual error code out on the front LEDs, too. It sounds like overheating or a power issue (accidental short).

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
Connect it to a TV and see if the error code pops up to be certain.

Apparently, there's a way to cycle the actual error code out on the front LEDs, too. It sounds like overheating or a power issue (accidental short).
When I had it dismantled, I connected it through both HDMI (to my monitor) and uh... the colored cables (to my TV) and I would just get a black screen. When I put it back together, though, it worked perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0