3ds blue light no screen

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so to preface i fixed this already but im curious if anyone knows what was causing it because i plan on reselling the console and was wondering if anyone knows what might have caused it because im not sure and would like to be confident im not selling a broken console and it’ll happen again to whoever i sell it to.

so the issue was basically i bought a 3ds that was for parts because the blue light would turn on but both screens wouldn’t turn on. i tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, tried using a different battery that i know works, taking out the sd card, unplugging and plugging back in ribbon cables, putting files on sd card incase it was homebrewed already, leaving the device plugged in and turned on for 24 hours to see if it boots eventually, it wouldn’t boot into recovery mode, etc. basically every fix i know of for this issue and nothing worked. there was also no sound so it wasn’t booting with no screens either

the only thing that ended up fixing it was just letting the battery drain until the red light was flashing and then i plugged it in and it booted! there’s no cfw on it i tried holding select during boot and no luma menu so im not sure what might’ve cause this or why this fixed it and nothing else did, anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: MrOddMango

MrOddMango

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm having the same problem I can't even use luma nor GM9 I'm going to try to ntrboot tomorrow but I'll try what you did
Post automatically merged:

Did you wait for it to be completely discharged and then plugged it in can you specify more cuz im also having the same problem

autumns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem I can't even use luma nor GM9 I'm going to try to ntrboot tomorrow but I'll try what you did
Post automatically merged:

Did you wait for it to be completely discharged and then plugged it in can you specify more cuz im also having the same problem
the issue ended up coming back i don’t exactly remember what i did to fix it the first time i think i just left it open with the blue light on until it turned off and wouldn’t turn on again to drain the battery and then charged it back up and it worked for a bit but i don’t think it was a permanent fix unfortunately i hope you can figure it out tho!

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had this issue yesterday, and it was the SD card. Windows couldn't detect the error in the SD card, either. I had a recent backup of the SD Card, so I copied the back up to a new SD card, and everything started working again. I formatted the original SD card, and ran h2testw.exe on the empty, formatted old card and sure enough, there were errors on the card even though Windows thought the card was fine.

If you don't have a backup to that SD card, you can try Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier on that SD card to get everything off of it. I wouldn't try a regular copy paste on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...