Hacking A little confused about 3DS nand/emunand

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did many times
do you have a copy of launcher.dat. Maybe there is a problem with mine
You can get them GW's launcher.dat on their site & the others have theirs included in their .zip files It could also be your browser, can you check the version? Also do you know what mset is? maybe you have it already installed. You can also install it with rop.bin loader. if you download rxtools it should have an rxinstaller.bin in their mset folder. copy that to your SD's root! & go to "https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxinstaller.bin"

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

well just try do that with your blank SD just to test things.

Last edited by Angely,

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes! at least 1 exploit is working. Did you launch it with the browser? you can use rxtools to inject FBI in your Sysnand H&S app & then use FBI to install GW's mset 4.x or Mset for boss 4.x (for HBL, decrypt9/EMUNAND9's Launcher.dat on system with fw 4.x sysnand) on your sysnand, with that you can probably launch launcher.dat by going to System Settings>Profile> ds profile. Also try & see if you can use browserhax it is very handy! if you use browser hax you an use that to launch EMUNAND9/Decrypt9 via your HBL menu. Check my pic how your SD should look like.

Attachments

• Unformatted SD. with Launcher.dat HBL & CFW.jpg
    Unformatted SD. with Launcher.dat HBL & CFW.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by Angely,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes! at least 1 exploit is working. Did you launch it with the browser? you can use rxtools to inject FBI in your Sysnand H&S app & then use FBI to install GW's mset 4.x or Mset for boss 4.x (for HBL, decrypt9/EMUNAND9's Launcher.dat on system with fw 4.x sysnand) on your sysnand, with that can probably launcher.dat by going to System Settings in ds profile. Also try & see if you can use browserhax it is very handy! if you use browser hax you an use that to launch EMUNAND9/Decrypt9 via your HBL menu. Check my pic how your SD should look like.
I think your explanation is a bit advanced for this user.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think your explanation is a bit advanced for this user.

If he can manage to install & launch rxtools, like he said he already did on his new unformated sd card then he can install HBL/mset with ease too!, since he just wants to acces GW menu/Dcrypt/EMUNAND9, because he can't launch their launcher.dat the normal way.

Last edited by Angely,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If he can manage to install & launch rxtools, like he said he already did on his new unformated sd card then he can install HBL/mset with ease too!, since he just wants to acces GW menu/Dcrypt/EMUNAND9, because he can't launch their launcher.dat the normal way.
He didn't install rxtools, he bought his console with it already set up. He had trouble finding his browser.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He didn't install rxtools, he bought his console with it already set up. He had trouble finding his browser.
Please read back & read the full thread!
i can open the rxtools menu with the new card can i do something with it
With other words he put rxtools on his bigger/new SD card, but he couldn't format it the normal way ( probably corrupted sysnand) so now he can't inject his backed up emunand, which is why he asked help. So please try to help him too! I'm a noob too & had a similar problem, but I could launch GW. I want him to be able to do at least this much before we get into fixing his sysnand. He needs backup his sysnand too & then upgrade it to 9.2 & then downgrade it back if he wants to be on sysnand fw 4.5, but this can all be done later. We need him to be able to format his SD card or he wbe able to use his emunand on his new card, which is needed if he wants to test his synand on emunand before he write is to hs sysnand.

Last edited by Angely,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a simple asshole-ish solution for you my favorite kind see the problem is that the Gateway launcher.Dat simply doesn't like cheap memory cards I bet you the program will still work if you run it from his old memory card case in point I had to try several times to get the Gateway launcher.dat to work with my 16 gig when I first started but it worked perfectly with the stock for getting that came with my to the 2ds

So long story short get a new SD card

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a simple asshole-ish solution for you my favorite kind see the problem is that the Gateway launcher.Dat simply doesn't like cheap memory cards I bet you the program will still work if you run it from his old memory card case in point I had to try several times to get the Gateway launcher.dat to work with my 16 gig when I first started but it worked perfectly with the stock for getting that came with my to the 2ds

So long story short get a new SD card
Sadly it doesn't work on his old card either so the problem is his sysnand. I've had this in the past with my brand new high quality SD cards, when i was on my O3DS XL downgraded fw 4.5 it got corrupted somehow & I couldn't launch rxtools & some other thins at all only Launcher.dat, mset (didn't work for rxtools) & Ninjahax worked.In my case I could flashback 1 of "çlean"' my sysnands backup & it fixed the issue, but in his case it might not be possible.

Last edited by Angely,

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sounds like there's something wrong with your Sysnand/SD. Did you try if you could enter GW menu with your 2GB SD card?If you can enter it with that card then it might be your SD check if you have it unlocked! (you know the switch on the SD)

Btw Launcher.dat should be in your SD's root

no it did not work with my other card :/
Is there any alternative solution ?

there you go I asked him to try it on his other card too,but that also didn't.work.

Last edited by Angely,
Reactions: wormdood

luffyruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

i'm on 10.3 emunand rxtools, how to upgrade to 10.5 emunand ?
and is it necessary to play fire emblem fates and the newest games ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,

i'm on 10.3 emunand rxtools, how to upgrade to 10.5 emunand ?
and is it necessary to play fire emblem fates and the newest games ?
Boot to emunand, go to settings, other settings, system update. Check you're in emunand when you're in settings (firmware should start with RX-E or similar) and don't exit Settings until update completed (or you'll be kicked to sysnand).

I think the highest firmware requirement for any current game is 9.9 so you don't have to update to play games. However you need to be on the latest firmware to access the eShop and Miiverse etc.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't work it brings me an error or something
any other way ?
of course there is another way
use 3dnus to download the update and pack it as a cia (the program will downlaod a folder full of cia files)
put the .cia files in a folder named "updates" (without the quotation marks) place the folder on the sd card root . . . it should look like this sd/updates/(this is where you put the cia files)
then install sysupdater to emunand and finally run sysupdater from emunand
when it finishes you should have an updated emunand

Last edited by wormdood,

luffyruto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok it worked
but i tried a cia of return to popolocrois which just released but it says "import failed this cia is invalid "
What could be the problem ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1