9-in-1 3DS Cart?

MeteoXavier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something that popped up in my Ebay browsing today: Ebay URL That Is Really Long.

I didn't know or think unofficial 3DS carts were being made yet. Is this just a Sky3DS cart being painted and resold as a 9-in-1 thing or what's going on with this?

Thanks.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I literally don't know what cart that is but I am willing to bet the ROMs will most likely get you banned the second you launch them. Products like these are always the cheapest cart, with the cheatest microSD card, and set up in the cheapest way possible.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely a flashcart of some sort, there appears to be a microSD slot (purple) on the side.

1636424237956.png

There's 2 buttons (red) which would indicate that it's a Sky3DS+, but they're in the wrong spot. Actual Sky3DS+ has them in the blue spot.

I'm guessing it's an unknown Sky3DS+ clone.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guess we will see a lot more of these in the future. For DS games it is very common to have 547-in-1 (random three digit number in one) flashcarts with taped in µSD. Nobody seems to care which means eBay is full of these and they don't get taken down.
The high price and the inconvenience with the game switching by physical switches limits the usefulness of 3DS "game collections" (can't include 500 ROMs that can only be selected with two buttons ←→)

@zoogie mentioned a thing like this a while ago in a status message.

Here's something that popped up in my Ebay browsing today: Ebay URL That Is Really Long.
You can shorten that URL by cutting off everything starting with the "?" after the number https://www.ebay.com/itm/<number> is enough. Everything afterwards is just tracking nonsense (or whatever).

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I get the feeling this is just a relabeled, used Stargate w/roms. The button location and color seems to match Stargate.
The sticker (and boxsleeve) looks homemade with scissors, lol.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?