Hacking 9.5.0-22

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, I think some people might not be really happy with their Sky3DS if they feel the need to try to troll whenever they can :/ If you really were, you wouldn't care at all (as I do).

Damn this is a problem, Nintendo are definitely trying to sink their teeth into something

Not really. It already happened with 9.2 so it's not the first time ;) In fact, most people here might be new to the gateway because it's always like that. Most new firmwares updates either break the multirom menu or give a black screen, until gateway update their launcher. That's the downside of being a software exploit. You can offer more features but you have to do more update support.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Unfortunately, I think some people might not be really happy with their Sky3DS if they feel the need to try to troll whenever they can :/ If you really were, you wouldn't care at all (as I do).

Not really. It already happened with 9.2 so it's not the first time ;)

*Looks at Multikboy or whatever his name is*

This patch all in all means nothing as it was really directed at Gateway, 10 more days to wait, if nothing happens then the Sky boys are gonna talk dat shit on us Gateway fans :lol:

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not to mention you don't need emunand 9.5 at all anyway, except for upcoming ones, all updates from the eshop are online as .cia files and are easy to find.

But if someone people want a Sky3DS instead, I'm sure Sky3DS team will be happy to sell you one so I don't really see the problem ;)

I would even be the first one to buy one for a New 3DS if they had the features I want but as long as they won't have foreign roms support, eshop support and no cia support, it's a no for me.

Reactions: lemanuel

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
Can the useless arguing stop? Every single thread on this board just turns into Sky vs. GW, and it's completely ridiculous. Sky has some good things, GW has some good things, each has drawbacks. It's possible GW will stop updating Emunand support in the future, and it's possible that Nintendo will block Sky. Gateway has updated plenty of times in the past to support new firmware versions, Sky hasn't been blocked yet (And the more updates it survives through the better the chances of it not getting blocked are. Neither GW nor Sky are "finished" and until they are there's no point in speculating wildly on what may or may not happen in the future.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you install dlc patches , play eshop games and have full compatibility?

Seriously , why do I even want the latest version when I can install patches with devmenu? devmenu> anything sky3ds can offer
Don't you know? All that matters is being on the latest fw. Screw 100% game compatibility, region free, DLC, etc. The only important thing is being able to brag about being on the latest firmware, as that's clearly what you bought your console for, not for playing games.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not to mention you don't need emunand 9.5 at all anyway, except for upcoming ones, all updates from the eshop are online as .cia files and are easy to find.
Exactly this. You can find every single update in cia format. So why again is 9.5 necessary, because sky users are grasping at straws? I don't think so.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dunno xD Even my non-hacked 3DS that I only use for retail games is still at 9.4 and I don't plan to update it immediately, don't really see the point.

I'll update it when it'll be needed so when a game I play will have an update (pokemon, for example).

Even Sky3Ds don't really need the 9.5 update as it was already working before, except if you want the eshop.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it xD

she said the gw team need to get their hands on the US n3ds console so they can finish their work on the launcher & release the n3ds update. let's hope this is true

Yet we don't even know the firmware of the US/EUR ones so... xD

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Gateway fanboys troll more than Sky3ds fanboys.. .and its not because of the sheer number of you guys... its because the amount of hateraid guzzled down over the last 3 months is about an oceans worth. Instead of hating on Sky3ds and its fans.. why dont you get your numbers together and flood Gateway and ask for answers. DEMAND ANSWERS! Why doesnt their product work on the latest console but SKy3ds does?

Not hating... I have a Gateway

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And, the moment of truth arrives.
Precisely as I told you it would. Good luck GW owners. You are going to need it.
Im not bashing GW btw, I own this card as well. But, it has been useless since I bought it more than 2 months ago.....

*goes back to successfully playing Sky3ds....*
Oh geez, now I have to stay on 9.4 emuNAND for like a week until GW releases the update for 9.5 with all of its no-new-features.

The horror.

#Firstworldproblems

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
*Sky3DS released*

GW Users: It's gonna be patched in 9.1!

*9.1 released*

GW Users: The almighty Gateway will prevail! the Sky3DS will be blocked in 9.2!

*9.2 released*

GW Users: Pffff, the Sky3DS will be blocked in 9.3

*9.3 released*

GW Users: Nothin much, just a few fixes that's all. Sky will be blocked for sure with the next update

*9.4 released*

GW Users: Ehh, Nintendo is just taking their time, the holidays are over and Nintendo will surely block the Sky3DS in the next update!

*9.5 released*

GW Users: Not even Gateway was affected! Nintendo didn't even try!

Is it just me, or am I sensing a pattern here?

I don't think it will, but that's also it's downside. It only emulate a real cart and that why it will never play foreign roms, run eshop games or able .cia management.

Honestly, I think most GW users don't care, nor most Sky3DS users care about the GW, I know I don't at all.

It's only a few kids/trolls who have nothing better interesting to do, the same one that keep alive the war between One vs PS4, PS4/One vs PC, Controllers vs Keyboard/mouse etc... and you made their day by answering to them.

Even on the GW side, they were a lot of whinners because of the time gateway took to release the 9.x exploit, which was kinda boring, and now, it's happening again with the N3DS one xD

As you can see, trollers seem newcomers because as I said earlier, they don't even seem to know that the multirom not functionning or emunand giving a black screen are common things when a new firmware update is released.

Personally, I'm a lot more concerned by the firmware version of the N3DS rather than if gw team will fix emunand soon or not (as I don't need 9.5 at all for now) because I want to know if I'll have to resell my MM N3DS edition to import an australian one or if I can keep it (as I said before, nothing against Sky3DS but won't buy one, the first reason why I bought a gateway was to play japanese retail games, even before playing roms).

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I dont understand why do we have flashcards fanboys, they're cheap enough to have both and both have good things. (It's not like console fanboys where you need more money to be able to play all the games).

Reactions: Multiboy2k

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont understand why do we have flashcards fanboys, they're cheap enough to have both and both have good things. (It's not like console fanboys where you need more money to be able to play all the games).

Would be a waste of money, even if they are cheap. If you have a 3DS and already have a gateway, a Sky3DS is completely useless. If you have a N3DS and a Sky3DS, a gateway is completely useless as it don't support yet the N3DS officially.

Why fanboys? If we knew it, the world would be better ;) Fanboys exist in every domain, and you can't really prevent someone for being dumb, unfortunately :/

But answering to them is what make they survive, if everyone would ignore such posts, they would just leave and cry in a corner of their house because of the lack of attention ;)

"Coming soon"

I would already be "happy" if the New3DS is 9.2 or less, then they can take 6 months if they want for the exploit, I don't really care personally, I have a regular 3DS and a lot of retail games to play anyway (more than 30 games) so I could always find some games to use on the N3DS.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Always somebody willing to make a mountain out of a molehill. I've broken this down as simply as I possibly could in the past: if your console is compatible with Gateway or you're willing to wait on 9.0 - 9.2 support for the N3DS in order to have all of the extra features Gateway provides, buy a Gateway. If you're on >9.2 or you're not willing to be patient with your N3DS (and I wouldn't blame you), buy a Sky3DS.

$60-$80 is not a lot of money for what either cart provides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o