Hacking 9.5.0-22

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I can confirm that Gatway's multirom menu DOES NOT WORK while on 9.5 emunand! DO NOT UPDATE TO 9.5 if you are using a console on 4.x sysnand!

I don't know about users on newer sysnand firmware, but I can confirm 9.5 brakes multirom menu if booted from a 4.x system. I do not own a retail cartridge with a newer system update, so I can't test mulitrom menu if booted from a newer sysnand version.

Select button did nothing while on 9.5 emunand. As soon as I restored my 9.4 backup, it worked again.

Damn this is a problem, Nintendo are definitely trying to sink their teeth into something

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
epic failed;)

Not really. Only one feature (at least confirmed) was affected and it won't be hard to fix. We're already used to emunand being affected every time a new firmware comes out anyway. It has happened even before Sky3DS existed. So useless to make stupid comments such as that.

It's good both work. But this proves nothing and it's not meant to prove anything to begin with.

Reactions: MaNiAlJoWo

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really. Only one feature (at least confirmed) was affected and it won't be hard to fix. We're already used to emunand being affected every time a new firmware comes out anyway. It has happened even before Sky3DS existed. So useless to make stupid comments such as that.

It's good both work. But this proves nothing and it's not meant to prove anything to begin with.

I can't play a single rom with my GW now that the rom menu is gone....

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't play a single rom with my GW now that the rom menu is gone....

cia files seem to be unaffected.

So at this point the only reason to not update is if you need to use multirom. Even if you do there is an alternative (cia) to play games on 9.5 emunand.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me stop everyone before this gets out of hand:

Did Nintendo do this to block Gateway features? NO! The firmware changed in just the right spots so that the code insertion to make Select open the Multi-ROM menu is not in the correct location anymore. Once the new Launcher.dat is released it will correct this. Nintendo did not specifically code this in to block GW.

Do I need to restore my firmware and wait until later? No, not really, once the updated Launcher.dat is out, you can just throw it on your SD and your 9.5 emuNAND will work fine.

Hihomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can confirm that Gatway's multirom menu DOES NOT WORK while on 9.5 emunand! DO NOT UPDATE TO 9.5 if you are using a console on 4.x sysnand!

I don't know about users on newer sysnand firmware, but I can confirm 9.5 brakes multirom menu if booted from a 4.x system. I do not own a retail cartridge with a newer system update, so I can't test mulitrom menu if booted from a newer sysnand version.

Select button did nothing while on 9.5 emunand. As soon as I restored my 9.4 backup, it worked again.

i can confirm i have a 9.x sysnand and the update works but blocks the multirom menu :)

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What you actually mean is what Gateway USED to do.
..see I fixed that for you.
When the day comes and Sky3DS will get blocked I will laugh my ass off and the support will just copy Gateway like all the other companies. You are doing a big mistake by denying Gateway it's the best flash card you can get at the moment. So stick with your rip off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone