Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It took years for the Wii U to be hacked, yet the console's success was abysmal. Piracy in itself doesn't kill a console. Bad business choices are a much bigger factor.
That and the fact that hombrew/cfw users for consoles are a very small minority of the user base, meaning very little impact. Even with cfw being popular the 3ds games that came out still sold well.

And on top of that, homebrew != piracy. Remember the 3ds had homebrew for a while before piracy and cfw became prevalent.

Reactions: WeedZ
D

Deleted User

Can anyone source a single software title that was scrapped because the platform was hacked? Anyone?
see but the problem is, it stops them from developing before they even start. so nothing is "scrapped" just prevented

Reactions: Bladexdsl
D

Deleted User

So happy this happens, cant wait to run the same emulated games I run on all my consoles... and I dont care when it will be released

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
see but the problem is, it stops them from developing before they even start. so nothing is "scrapped" just prevented
That would mean that third party developers would have released for that gen's console that weren't hacked but withheld the same titles from those that were. Can you name one?

Reactions: InquisitionImplied
D

Deleted User

That would mean that third party developers would have released for that gen's console that weren't hacked but withheld the same titles from those that were. Can you name one?
no but you never can tell what goes through developers minds.

performance is a big part, but piracy can run through the devs minds as well

D

Deleted User

The idea of a hacked console losing thirdparty support seems to be an ever receding one when you try to find evidence.
i can see where your coming from. i agree now that I look back for evidence

Reactions: WeedZ

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tbh though I pirate but what I'm looking forward to most is save hacking, FTP so I can get screenshots without posting to social media/taking out SD and the potential of cheats to give more life to games I'm done with.

Last edited by Kourin,
Reactions: Bird Flu

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all people saying that hacking a console, its equal to destroying the console support from third party developers, i just want to remember them, that PSP was released in 2004, hacked in 2005, and on 2013 companies where still bringing games to the PSP.

Not to mention that on 2014, 2015 and even 2016, some games where released on this system..

So, hacking a console is bullshit on killing the third party support..

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users