Not open for further replies.

Shine Lamont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to take a moment and say I'm very proud of the Switch hackers to finding the kernel today and this is one giant step for Switch hacking. This was faster than the Wii and Wii U hacking and I am extremely excited for when the kernel gets into action soon and we will finally be able to hack the Switch. Just want to give thanks to the hackers there putting in hard work for us and the entire GBATemp community for their support. GO HACKERS!

Last edited by Shine Lamont,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said on the other thread, I hope he accidentally updates his Switch/the work gets corrupted. It's too early for this. Especially "hay look what i got. cool huh? not releasing anything though".

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could totally fuck up the Switch's future catalog, services, and third party support. Hurray.
That's totally not true. I've never seen a console fall from being hacked (not one that wasn't already failing anyway). if anything I've only seen it improve a console's success.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be history. It might even be something to be excited about. But it doesn't belong "in the wild" until the Switch is a near-spent force like the 3DS is now. Buy some fuckin' games, people.

but there's like 2 games for the switch

which people bought with the switch

Reactions: renhei

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If developers didn't release for hacked consoles, we wouldn't have consoles. The psp and original xbox had some of the best catalogs, even by today's standards. And they were both hacked very early in their life. You guys are ridiculous. This is an argument I've seen 12 years ago, and guess what, devs still haven't dropped support. Switch has shit third party support anyway, but only because it's underpowered.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
the Wii U was literally hacked one week after release (fail0verflow, but they never released anything) and the Switch isn't even hacked. Derrek and Co. just dumped the Kernel, not made Kernel exploits.

EDIT: lol why is my country set to Gambia

Last edited by Brawl345,

Shine Lamont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Wii U was literally hacked one week after release (fail0verflow, but they never released anything) and the Switch isn't even hacked. Derrek and Co. just dumped the Kernel, not made Kernel exploits.

How much longer would you predict kernal exploits get made?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Even if nothing is released, documentation of the kernel is important, and i'm sure they will document it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No sharing
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know...