Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how so mr bossman
Mr. Poo will suffice.

The way that the 3DS system keeps track which games, dlcs, and updates are in your Nintendo 3DS folder is through those two database files.
  • title.db - This one contains a list of what's installed.
  • import.db - This one has a record of each title's app version whether or not a newer update is available.
If either of these are damaged in anyway, let's say from a failed CIA install or gnarly software crash, the 3DS can forget or de-list everything. You also can't have one without the other as they're tied to one another.

Read that thread to learn how to go about rebuilding your SD setup. If you don't see signs of missing ticket in System Settings, it's almost definitely those two (2) *.db files.

I haven't had a chance to read this thread as I was busy being away yesterday. @Quantumcat mentioned my gm9 script CTRTransfer (Type D9), which was made to succeed the CTRTransfer used in Decrypt9.

At this moment with the little info I've gathered, I don't believe your problem is due to something being wrong with the 3DS firmware.

This won't apply to you in time as it's a WIP, but I'm currently working on a v1.3 of that gm9 script that includes rebuilding the folder's dbs. Progress is slooow...

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

thegodlybeing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Poo will suffice.

The way that the 3DS system keeps track which games, dlcs, and updates are in your Nintendo 3DS folder is through those two database files.
  • title.db - This one contains a list of what's installed.
  • import.db - This one has a record of each title's app version whether or not a newer update is available.
If either of these are damaged in anyway, let's say from a failed CIA install or gnarly software crash, the 3DS can forget or de-list everything. You also can't have one without the other as they're tied to one another.

Read that thread to learn how to go about rebuilding your SD setup. If you don't see signs of missing ticket in System Settings, it's almost definitely those two (2) *.db files.

I haven't had a chance to read this thread as I was busy being away yesterday. @Quantumcat mentioned my gm9 script CTRTransfer (Type D9), which was made to succeeded the CTRTransfer used in Decrypt9.

At this moment with the little info I've gathered, I don't believe your problem is due to something being wrong with the 3DS firmware.

This won't apply to you in time as it's a WIP, but I'm currently working on a v1.3 of that gm9 script that includes rebuilding the folder's dbs. Progress is slooow...
i found a nand backup on my sd card and i restord my nand but i got " unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND FIRM please use an external one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a nand backup on my sd card and i restord my nand but i got " unable to mount CTRNAND or load the CTRNAND FIRM please use an external one
Okay, I think I'm caught up reading your thread.

You have multiple issues to contend with here:
  1. The state of the 3DS firmware and custom firmware setup (NAND).
  2. The hardware condition of your SD card (ie, is it fake or faulty?).
  3. Whether HOME Menu games that disappeared are due to missing tickets, messed up title & import databases, and/or exceeding the Nintendo firmware imposed 300 titles limit.
I will further assist you with instructions on what to do after my morning coffee break; I just woke and don't do well without it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@thegodlybeing, the first order of business is to check your SD card. Nowadays, there are a lot of fake shit out there you got to watch out for. If not that, SD cards wear down and can fail over time.
  1. Copy everything off your 256 GB SD card over to a computer.
    • If you don't have enough free space on your computer, look into buying an external portable hard drive.
  2. For extra thoroughness, quadruple reformat the card.
    • The card has to be in [ Format: FAT32 | Cluster Size: 32 KB * | Partition: Primary | Disk: MBR ].
    • * Since your card meets the minimum 128 GB capacity, you may substitute with 64 KB (65536) cluster size.
    • * If the card in question is 64 GB or smaller, use 32 KB cluster size.
  3. Full Write + Verify test the empty card with H2testw (Windows), F3 (Linux) or F3X (Mac).
    • Do not skip this step. It is super crucial that your SD card is fully vetted to be in 100% working order.
  4. Once the scan has been completed, delete the *.h2w test files.
Report back your results before we can continue.

thegodlybeing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@thegodlybeing, the first order of business is to check your SD card. Nowadays, there are a lot of fake shit out there you got to watch out for. If not that, SD cards wear down and can fail over time.
  1. Copy everything off your 256 GB SD card over to a computer.
    • If you don't have enough free space on your computer, look into buying an external portable hard drive.
  2. For extra thoroughness, quadruple reformat the card.
    • The card has to be in [ Format: FAT32 | Cluster Size: 32 KB * | Partition: Primary | Disk: MBR ].
    • * Since your card meets the minimum 128 GB capacity, you may substitute with 64 KB (65536) cluster size.
    • * If the card in question is 64 GB or smaller, use 32 KB cluster size.
  3. Full Write + Verify test the empty card with H2testw (Windows), F3 (Linux) or F3X (Mac).
    • Do not skip this step. It is super crucial that your SD card is fully vetted to be in 100% working order.
  4. Once the scan has been completed, delete the *.h2w test files.
Report back your results before we can continue.
i fixed it, i found a nand backup and restored ctrnand or whatever and my ds is back to working condition thank you for the detailed support i love you

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fixed it, i found a nand backup and restored ctrnand or whatever and my ds is back to working condition thank you for the detailed support i love you
I will still badger you to do your due diligence in making sure your SD card will not fail on you down the road. It would be a damn shame your card happens to be fake and all your precious saves were corrupted...

If you've never emptied out the card and check it before with H2testw, do so now.

Latest CFW setup on both SD card & CTRNAND:

Once you know your card is A-OK and CFW + 3DS firmware are up-to-date,
As for good practices, start backing up your stuff:

thegodlybeing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will still badger you to do your due diligence in making sure your SD card will not fail on you down the road. It would be a damn shame your card happens to be fake and all your precious saves were corrupted...

If you've never emptied out the card and check it before with H2testw, do so now.

Latest CFW setup on both SD card & CTRNAND:

Once you know your card is A-OK and CFW + 3DS firmware are up-to-date,
As for good practices, start backing up your stuff:
i backed up my files and went to format it again and i got an error " getlasterror()=23
failed to set partition info
im being told this sd card has met its end

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i backed up my files and went to format it again and i got an error " getlasterror()=23
failed to set partition info
im being told this sd card has met its end
In the above post about quadruple reformatting, the first program is SD Memory Card Formatter by the SD Association. If yours can't be revived using that, it's definitely a goner.
The other three (3) programs are used for overkill in making sure the card is correctly formatted. Without going into the backstory, the card can act strangely if the formatting process is even slightly off.

If you need a replacement card, check my signature. And don't forget to H2testw the replacement!

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0