Hacking 3DS Update 2.0.0-2 Flashcart compatibilty!

C

captfalcon

I have updated my r4i gold to 1.42c and the spongebob pants icon is displayed in the menu but I get a black screen on my 3ds when it is booted and a white screen on my dsl. I have tried 1.42b which displays miami nights and this works on my dsl but not my 3ds. I have been used the .ndsl update and not the .ndsi as this says card check has failed. Anyone else having any issues or know how to fix this??

checor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
R4iTT also works with the last 3DS update.
I don't have a camera to prove it, but you can see the webpage of the flashcart: www.r4itt.net

It's a crappy clone, but it costs 15 USD
biggrin.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an FYI, to not increase the length of this thread any more than it has to be, please either read ALL previous posts, or search the thread itself. I've seen at least three people post the DSTwo fix file in here, after I went through the trouble of putting it on FileTrip and announcing it in this thread. TY!

crackofdawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue updating the R4i 3DS on my 3DS. I have not updated my 3DS yet. I have the 1.40b kernel, and put the 2.0.0 firmware update file on the root of the MicroSDHC card in addition to the 1.40b Kernel. When I turn on my 3DS, it shows the Finding Nemo game in the slot 1, and when I run it, instead of giving me the regular menu, the screen just goes white and nothing happens. I let it sit for 10 minutes, nothing happened, so I turned it off and put the MicroSDHC card back in my computer, and it showed as unformatted. I reformatted it, put the 1.40b kernel back on, the 2.0.0 firmware update file back on, put it back in the 3DS, Finding Nemo showed up again, I started it, and it went straight to the same white screen. Any ideas?

Sc00ter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crackofdawn said:
I am having an issue updating the R4i 3DS on my 3DS. I have not updated my 3DS yet. I have the 1.40b kernel, and put the 2.0.0 firmware update file on the root of the MicroSDHC card in addition to the 1.40b Kernel. When I turn on my 3DS, it shows the Finding Nemo game in the slot 1, and when I run it, instead of giving me the regular menu, the screen just goes white and nothing happens. I let it sit for 10 minutes, nothing happened, so I turned it off and put the MicroSDHC card back in my computer, and it showed as unformatted. I reformatted it, put the 1.40b kernel back on, the 2.0.0 firmware update file back on, put it back in the 3DS, Finding Nemo showed up again, I started it, and it went straight to the same white screen. Any ideas?

..original details removed..

stupid2ass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
drewmerc said:
stupid2ass said:
Does anyone know of what cards are the same and thus could use the same update file?
I have a pink r4i3ds card and I just checked their website and no update posted yet (r4i3d_dot_com).
I updated yesterday since I wanted to check out the new browser and the E3 awesome game trailers (and get my free excitebike). Unfortunately the cart also errors out when trying to load after the spongebob icon.
TIA.
try the r4itt.net ones
look at your cards website and see the ad for the new card then look on r4itt's same new card
you could also look at the whois for any of the sites you'll see they are registered by the same person (this guy owns a lot of clone websites but not all the updates are compatible with all cards, but trying wont damage anything so try it)

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

crackofdawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sc00ter said:
its the 1.4.2c patch you need but the r4ids.cn website seemed to have removed it for some reason. try and locate it elsewhere if you can

Are you sure? I always get my software updates from r4i-sdhc.com and my R4i card isn't a "1.4.1" card, it's specifically a 3DS card that says 3DS on it, and the box of the card says "Only update from r4i-sdhc.com". I don't think I can use the 1.4.2c patch from r4ids.cn. It's not an R4i gold card.

Sc00ter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
crackofdawn said:
....original details removed...

Are you sure? I always get my software updates from r4i-sdhc.com and my R4i card isn't a "1.4.1" card, it's specifically a 3DS card that says 3DS on it, and the box of the card says "Only update from r4i-sdhc.com". I don't think I can use the 1.4.2c patch from r4ids.cn. It's not an R4i gold card.
]

My mistake, so easy to get the r4 names mixed up sometimes when the can be sooooo similar, the "r4i gold 3ds" i mixed up with "r4i 3ds"

so wish theyd make up different creative names for these things rather than slight differences from r4.....
i would rather buy a supercard, cyclops, acekard etc just for the fact they dont say r4... LOL

Sorry mate.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just had my Pandora-3DS laying around, put it into my 3ds that has V2 firmware and does not work
tongue.gif
Add that to ur "not working" list

Gonna test out the rest of my 15+ flashcards tomm, ill get back to u soon

b47l0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Sc00ter said:
crackofdawn said:
....original details removed...

]

My mistake, so easy to get the r4 names mixed up sometimes when the can be sooooo similar, the "r4i gold 3ds" i mixed up with "r4i 3ds"

so wish theyd make up different creative names for these things rather than slight differences from r4.....
i would rather buy a supercard, cyclops, acekard etc just for the fact they dont say r4... LOL

Sorry mate.

So did it all work with the 2.0.0 update after you did this? i updated my r4i sdhc 3ds to the latest firmware, but i don't notice any difference. i still have a nemo logo etc. how would i notice a difference?

I'm very wary about updating the system. sorry if this is getting painful for everyone to read after the 12th page on this topic.

thanks

PossumD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stupid2ass said:
drewmerc said:
stupid2ass said:
Does anyone know of what cards are the same and thus could use the same update file?
I have a pink r4i3ds card and I just checked their website and no update posted yet (r4i3d_dot_com).
I updated yesterday since I wanted to check out the new browser and the E3 awesome game trailers (and get my free excitebike). Unfortunately the cart also errors out when trying to load after the spongebob icon.
TIA.
try the r4itt.net ones
look at your cards website and see the ad for the new card then look on r4itt's same new card
you could also look at the whois for any of the sites you'll see they are registered by the same person (this guy owns a lot of clone websites but not all the updates are compatible with all cards, but trying wont damage anything so try it)

Thank you! That worked perfectly.

I have the same card as you, which firmware did you update your card with? The Black or Purple?

The black seems to be the newer card.
Thanks!

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Schlupi said:
Alright. adding to the list. I'll be scanning the pages to find out which other ones (don't) work too.
I hope I'm not being demanding, but please include the link to the patch for R4i-SDHC 3DS (it's here for your convenience) as well, as it needs a patch to play (like Acekard and SCDS2, unlike iEvo and the two R4is on the list).

Also if possible please include the R4iTT and its patches (linked to on its homepage), because I think enough reports here state that it is working for it to be reliable news.

Thanks!

kevlagnu

Trophies
XP
Country
FAO Crack of Dawn and B47IOW,

I updated my 3DS without patching my R4i SDHC from R4i Shopper...

I logged into their website, viewed order history, clicked download software, formatted the card again with the SDA tool (format size adjustment = On) and did the Full Overwrite option.

Extract the standard files to the root of the SD card so it looks like this:

moonmemo (folder)
moonshl2 (folder)
R4iMenu (folder)
R4.dat (file)

and also make sure the patch is in there -

fwupv20a.nds

- you put all these files on the microSD card in the flashcart you currently have, put it into your mate's DSlite, or DSI, whatever, and then go to Media, then select this fwupv20a.nds. remove your cart, then insert again, press A, then in 3 minutes you are done.

I had the same white screen with red microSD card image and I think it was down to the update software I was using not having all the files I needed. you need the moonshell stuff (it would seem)

Good luck!

crackofdawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevlagnu said:
FAO Crack of Dawn and B47IOW,

I updated my 3DS without patching my R4i SDHC from R4i Shopper...

I logged into their website, viewed order history, clicked download software, formatted the card again with the SDA tool (format size adjustment = On) and did the Full Overwrite option.

Extract the standard files to the root of the SD card so it looks like this:

moonmemo (folder)
moonshl2 (folder)
R4iMenu (folder)
R4.dat (file)

and also make sure the patch is in there -

fwupv20a.nds

- you put all these files on the microSD card in the flashcart you currently have, put it into your mate's DSlite, or DSI, whatever, and then go to Media, then select this fwupv20a.nds. remove your cart, then insert again, press A, then in 3 minutes you are done.

I had the same white screen with red microSD card image and I think it was down to the update software I was using not having all the files I needed. you need the moonshell stuff (it would seem)

Good luck!

Well, I had an old DS phat lying around, and I put the exact same card (the one that booted to a white screen on my 3DS) into my old DS phat and it let me update the firmware, so I'm not sure why it wasn't working on my 3DS which hadn't been updated yet. Now, I updated my 3DS firmware to 2.0.0 and my R4i 3DS card still works (now has a chess logo).

erhans

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a brand new R4i SDHC (Revolution) the one from www.r4i-sdhc.com. NOT the 3DS version but the one that says 1.4.1 on the box and the card.

Anyway, I tried updating it to the new fw2.0 for the R4i card but no dice. It just comes up with an error message (black screen, white letters) saying that the R4i SDHC does not support this firmware upgrade and that it is only for the 3DS version of the card.

I suspect this is just something they added to the more recent R4i SDHC cards to make people buy the 3DS model of the card, because I doubt there are any differences in the hardware inside the flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...