Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

f0xdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thanks for telling me. On a side note I have a normal 3ds on 4.5.0 10u and was hoping I could solder a nand dumper to it. Any way I can do this?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, thanks for telling me. On a side note I have a normal 3ds on 4.5.0 10u and was hoping I could solder a nand dumper to it. Any way I can do this?

Yes, it is possible on the 3DS. It's just a few magnitudes harder to do, as one of the solder points (the clock signal) is either under the cartridge slot (which would have to be desoldered to reach it) or a frigging small point on the backside of the board.

Information regarding the non XL 3DS mod can be found in http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds.353263/.

You might want to send hundshamer (who does the mod in the US) a PN though.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Some models 3DS' (the ones with the extra point under CMD) have the CLK point on the same side of the mobo.
15260894760_6de8b70416_o.png

HAFEDHBY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get a raspberry pi, I did everything, it hangs at step: Remove the SD card from the raspberry pi
Instead connect your SD Reader connected to your 3DS (lit console) . TV screen connected to the raspberry pi becomes black and nothing responds !!! What is the problem exactly?

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you create a full copy of the boot SD card to a USB stick and did you plug this stick in the Raspberry? The moment you pull the boot SD card, the Raspberry has to switch to the stick, otherwise, it doesn't have a operating system anymore and it will go black.

HAFEDHBY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you create a full copy of the boot SD card to a USB stick and did you plug this stick in the Raspberry? The moment you pull the boot SD card, the Raspberry has to switch to the stick, otherwise, it doesn't have a operating system anymore and it will go black.

yes I did everything as you said !!!

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I managed to get a raspberry pi, I did everything, it hangs at step: Remove the SD card from the raspberry pi
Instead connect your SD Reader connected to your 3DS (lit console) . TV screen connected to the raspberry pi becomes black and nothing responds !!! What is the problem exactly?

Could be a bad (aka to weak) power supply for the pi, could be a bad solder job (3ds sd interface).

You could try and power the Pi via a PC USB port .

zath_312

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I've been reading the forum and I have a question to ask, is there a way to unbrick the 3ds from arduino with the one step code just like the raspberry does? because here: https://github.com/krisztian1997/3dsunbricker says that you need the backup nand, if it is already actualized, hehe where can I download the code, because I can't find it, thanks

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Could be a bad (aka to weak) power supply for the pi, could be a bad solder job (3ds sd interface).

You could try and power the Pi via a PC USB port .

bkifft, I was wondering if your unbricking code works with the new Rasp B+ with microSD (instead of SD card).
It should, right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
bkifft, I was wondering if your unbricking code works with the new Rasp B+ with microSD (instead of SD card).
It should, right?
funily enough i have just ordered one so i guess we will know in a few days......main problem would be wiring it up to the microSD instead of the normal SD housing....easiest way would probably be using something like this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SD-to-Mic...aphy_MemoryCardReaders_RL&hash=item19f84a9427

but thts a bit expensive imo......you could probably make something yourself to do it, but just the normal "B" is simpler

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
aye. have neither tried the b+ on my own nor received any feedback regarding if it works.

besides the microSD issue gamesquest1 pointed out it should just work though.

Well I've been reading the forum and I have a question to ask, is there a way to unbrick the 3ds from arduino with the one step code just like the raspberry does? because here: https://github.com/krisztian1997/3dsunbricker says that you need the backup nand, if it is already actualized, hehe where can I download the code, because I can't find it, thanks

the github source contains the unlock key (function "static void unlock_XOR()")

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
I'd recommend to the OP (or whoever else) to post unbricking information in the dedicated forum at 4dsdev.

The problem with this forum is that the useful information is continually getting buried under all the "I'm on 9.2 and I want to pirate games, should I get Gateway or Sky3DS" stuff that pops up every day.

(I'm sorry if this comes off as advertising, we just want the best for the homebrew community)

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
make sure you have the update(file attached below) copied to the USB (unless you have the raspberry pi connected to the internet via Ethernet, in which case it will automatically retrieve the update)

Attachments

• RPU.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 191

HAFEDHBY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
Finally I managed to do my 3dsxl unlock via raspberry pi, after I do not can to read and then write nand.
==> I am in the case without a copy of 3ds debrickage nand.
I can lend a copy of a nand 3dsxl in the same series or of the same year ? I can find for download 3ds nand ,give a adresse for download a 3ds nand

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend to the OP (or whoever else) to post unbricking information in the dedicated forum at 4dsdev.

The problem with this forum is that the useful information is continually getting buried under all the "I'm on 9.2 and I want to pirate games, should I get Gateway or Sky3DS" stuff that pops up every day.

(I'm sorry if this comes off as advertising, we just want the best for the homebrew community)

http://4dsdev.org/forum.php?id=5

MySQL error: Duplicate entry '65535' for key 'PRIMARY'
Query: INSERT INTO guests (date,ip,url,useragent,bot) VALUES (1423641570,'xxx','/forum.php?id=5', 'xxx', '0')

Could you make it less obvious that you're gathering IPs and useragents.

Squirrel61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
Finally I managed to do my 3dsxl unlock via raspberry pi, after I do not can to read and then write nand.
==> I am in the case without a copy of 3ds debrickage nand.
I can lend a copy of a nand 3dsxl in the same series or of the same year ? I can find for download 3ds nand ,give a adresse for download a 3ds nand

You can NOT use a dump from another 3DS XL. It is encrypted with a key that is locked to your specific 3DS. Using a nand dump from a different 3DS is the fastest way to brick your 3DS beyond recovery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F