Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

Takashiro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardmods are always going to be faster at reading / writing the NAND ;)
Hi how are you VB I'm new hire. I've been interested in hardmodding My N3DS XL 11.5 and I was wondering if you can install Bootstrap on it.
Hire is my email: [[email protected]] so you can tell me how much is going to cost me, how to ship it to you.
Thanks again

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Modular511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone care to weigh in? Lent a console to a family member, was an old pre a9lh one, Got it back and I do have the nand backup.
What is the newest and easiest way of unbricking? I can solder well, So that isn't an issue. The error in question is:

BOOTROM 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800FE 00000000
00000400 00000000

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone care to weigh in? Lent a console to a family member, was an old pre a9lh one, Got it back and I do have the nand backup.
What is the newest and easiest way of unbricking? I can solder well, So that isn't an issue. The error in question is:

BOOTROM 8046
00000400 00000000
Temp hqrdmod, restore nand.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

BOOTROM 8046
00000400 00000000

If you have a working 3DS or DS and compatible flashcart, ntrboot-flasher would be by far the easiest way. If you don't have one, you can buy a pre-flashed cartridge from one of the flashcart vendors but it will take a few weeks. You don't have to open the 3DS for any bricks anymore (except MCU bricks) if you have a ntrboot-compatible flashcart. It uses a system built into the 3DS (and 2DS of course) by Nintendo to repair consoles. It's similar concept to Pandora Battery for PSP. You don't need NAND backups to recover anymore once you use the new methods as they are implemented very early in the boot process. If you have any other 3DS you should checkout 3ds.guide asap for details on how to update if you need them.

There is a ntrboot-flasher release thread with more details here--> http://ftp.gbatemp.net/threads/ntrboot-released.472585/

Reactions: some1ne

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
@bkifft or anyone who could shed some light :)

I got another Gateway bricked console (readonly NAND and stuff).
Again I dusted off my Raspberry Pi 1B and proceeded to "unbrick" the thing :P
Knowing that the (U)nbrick option is busted now (Gateway changed the key in late 2015) the only option now is the (F)orce erase if you have the NAND backup, which I happen to have... The deal is the thing doesn't work!

Last time I used the RPU to unbrick a Gateway bricked 3DS it worked but now all I get is a "MCU is locked" message.
RPU queries the console NAND fine, no connection problem is reported but it simply doesn't work.

I even tried to "downgrade" the RPU version to the one before we have the (U)nbrick option with no luck!

Any advises?

Thanks!

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@bkifft or anyone who could shed some light :)

I got another Gateway bricked console (readonly NAND and stuff).
Again I dusted off my Raspberry Pi 1B and proceeded to "unbrick" the thing :P
Knowing that the (U)nbrick option is busted now (Gateway changed the key in late 2015) the only option now is the (F)orce erase if you have the NAND backup, which I happen to have... The deal is the thing doesn't work!

Last time I used the RPU to unbrick a Gateway bricked 3DS it worked but now all I get is a "MCU is locked" message.
RPU queries the console NAND fine, no connection problem is reported but it simply doesn't work.

I even tried to "downgrade" the RPU version to the one before we have the (U)nbrick option with no luck!

Any advises?

Thanks!
Have you tried the Lazarus3DS script?

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Have you tried the Lazarus3DS script?
Yup!
It was the first thing I tried :)
But since the NAND is readonly the script cannot write to some partitions and fails...
Nothing works: Lazarus3DS, hardmod and RPU.

Last time I used RPU (some month ago) the only option that worked was the force erase, which is not working for me now...

Thx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night