Hacking Bricked my 3DS, No microsd card management

cintlex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I recently got back into animal crossing new leaf, and forgot I had a CFW installed on my 3ds from years ago, and updated my system. Unfortunately, I was met with a bricked console on reboot, showing some Arm11 error. The issue is, my computer doesn't have a microsd slot, and the way I used to mod the console was using the 3ds's microsd management, using the internet or what not. Problem there is that I cant use that feature anymore cause im unable to access the settings page. Is there anyway to unbrick my 3ds without using the microsd card? I didn't take notice at the time to back up my nand, and i dont have any scripts or payloads to recover luma3ds (i have an older version of it installed.)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ARM11 crash with process "PM" is not a (real) softbrick, just an incompatibility of Luma3DS v10.x < v10.2.1 with latest official firmware.

In order to boot again you have to update boot.firm on the micro-SD. There is no way around using another device to copy the file.
Only small chance: If you have Luma3DS v9.1 on CTRNAND you should be able to start without SD and insert the card once Home Menu is loaded. Then options like FTP Server, micro-SD management, universal updater could update boot.firm.

Many phones have µSD slot. Could be an alternative. Else just buy a cheap reader, ask a friend...

Good luck and have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo