Gaming 3DS or psp2 for the win

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exactly... what's all this talk about this 3DS Lite? I mean what's the need for that?

Users with no logic: WE WANT 3DS LITE
Nintendo with logic: What's the point in that? The 3DS is already smaller than the DS Lite.
Nintendo with sales logic: Fine, we'll make a 3DS that's even smaller than the first one. How do you fancy 1" screens?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
@KingVamp

i c where you are coming from. I didn't just look at launch titles, I looked at titles all the way until the june after, so I guess thats what I really meant by "launch titles" for me at least there are no must haves in that list. For me 3D is just a phase so that just my opinion, it will always be that way, until someone shows me otherwise. The "ideal sitting position" is one of my requirements for 3D to be viable. Nintendo accomplished one of my issues with 3D - glasses, and I applaud them for it, but until I can see 3D without having to look straight on, I will not be completely sold. My PSP Go, I bought after the price drop, I sure as hell would not buy it at the $250 price point, its just too much. Also for the record, I have a DS lite, it does still feel like a brick in my pocket, less than the chunky chunky original PSP's but still...

my...2nd 2 cents?
Alright.

Do you have small pockets?

QUOTE(Evo.lve @ Jan 24 2011, 02:03 AM) Exactly... what's all this talk about this 3DS Lite? I mean what's the need for that?

Nintendo with logic: What's the point in that? The 3DS is already smaller than the DS Lite.
Nintendo with sales logic: Fine, we'll make a 3DS that's even smaller than the first one. How do you fancy 1" screens?

That would be the 3DS micro or 3DS GO
laugh.gif

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Haha I don't
tongue.gif
its just I prefer my devices small and portable, something I can slip into my pocket and go. But my pocket real estate is kinda limited...with my wallet, keys, phone, and iPod, especially because nothing goes in the same pocket as my keys(fear of scratching) >.> But I'll wait until the 3DS has been out awhile, then we'll see.

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually would choose neither of them. I allready have a insane PSP and a Nintendo DS. Screw spends $250+ for a 3DS when I could go buy myself a PS3.
I'll buy it when it gets hacked or when the prices come down. That way I can do homebrew, and have more money to spend on other stuff like the games.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My pocket real estate consists either of my 5cm deep jeans pockets, in which I keep my phone, wallet, and keys (this is in a lot of pockets, not one because that would be stuffed up) or the massive pockets in my school uniform pants which I keep my phone, wallet and keys once again. But I wouldn't really want to keep a game system in there.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny on how everyone thought the price was going to be like $300.
They were all like "Nintendo, put it $250 and then I'll buy it"
Then when Nintendo puts the price to $250, people are raging about the price now
rofl.gif

You people change your opinion way too fast XD
I just think you guys are just trying to find a reason to NOT buy the 3DS. Shame shame shame
lecture.gif

DigitalDeviant said:
Dick_Gumshoe said:
i would like choose psp2 than 3ds, but since sony things look likes so hard for piracy, i'll chose 3DS , u know what the reason

uh translation: "I will choose 3DS because pricay will be easier on it?"

well the way things have been going for sony these past months, I figure piracy might be easier on the psp2.
rofl.gif
OMG, this made me laugh in RL ROFL
rofl.gif

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
4DS will be better, this hand-held when flipped open with a game cart inside it, will suck you right into the game realm. Enjoy lol.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Hardware-wise, it's going to be the same story as DS vs. PSP. Sony's machine will be more powerful by an order of magnitude, with beautiful contrasty 4" OLED screen, probably with multitouch. 3DS will have a smart innovation - the 3D screen - but judging by the hardware (both screen and CPU/GPU), it will be already behind the smartphones currently on the market. PSP2 will offer serious multimedia capabilities (H.264 playback), while 3DS will be offering funny face morphing, messaging etc.

The question is: did Sony learn from their mistakes and put more effort into supporting developers and creating great games ? PSP got some very good titles eventually, who knows...

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly think things like the PSP2 and the next Nintendo offering will be the last of the 'portable console' market.

Convergence is pretty much going to kill them. The iPhone Store and the Android store are so robust now. It's to the point of why carry around an 'extra' piece of hardware that does only one thing, when your cellphone can do just as good a job at gaming these days.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3DS because not everyone has the money to pay for 3G and in rural areas it's unavailable, I can't even see this taking off in Japan either unless it's free or cheap like 400-600 yen a month, imagine paying 3000-5000 yen in Japan or $40 a month in the US for PSP2 3G, it would end in failure.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
I honestly think things like the PSP2 and the next Nintendo offering will be the last of the 'portable console' market.

Convergence is pretty much going to kill them. The iPhone Store and the Android store are so robust now. It's to the point of why carry around an 'extra' piece of hardware that does only one thing, when your cellphone can do just as good a job at gaming these days.
People do not want a phone just to play games beside games will always do better on a game system.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Phones are too small to be a games system, games systems are too large to be a phone. We tried this shit with the N-Gage.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Angry Birds and Game Dev Story could be played on either a phone or the 3DS. Mario Kart, Street Fighter, Resident Evil? Did you see the attempt at squishing RE4 onto the iPhone? It's not a question of power, it's a question of hand space and the inner workings required for mechanical, tactile buttons.

As long as 'convergence' means that your phone doubles as a second-rate camera, a second rate games system and a second rate web browser, there will always be space for other portable gadgets.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
KingVamp said:
What? Beside the 3D of the two isn't the same, how does your comment related to his?
Just because a previous attempt failed (and for completely unrelated reasons), doesn't mean a new attempt will fail.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
KingVamp said:
What? Beside the 3D of the two isn't the same, how does your comment related to his?
Just because a previous attempt failed (and for completely unrelated reasons), doesn't mean a new attempt will fail.

Technology may improve, the size of human hands and pockets aint gonna change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work