Gaming 3DS or psp2 for the win

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
TehSkull said:
TwinRetro said:
My brother isn't and neither is my wife. It's not always black and white.
Your brother and wife aren't buying one at launch is what I think you meant.

They will eventually buy a 3DS simply because it's the handheld of the decade. Just like GBA owners eventually bought a DS. Just like GBC to GBA.

Unless the 3DS is a flop, they will eventually get one.

Yeah, okay. You know my family better than I do, my bad.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
3ds 100%
why? you all know why
mthrnitesmiley.gif

well really look at everything the 3ds is getting?
circlepad, graphics, 3d, ar, & the list goes on plus its the next gen of the top sellling handheld console in the world.
when i hear s2 all i hear & see is another psp & better graphics. yawn
sleep.gif

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well sony never announced the PSP 2, so it's still a rumor.
Remember last year, when true info about the 3DS was leaked, nintendo made a quick announcement, and voilà, one year later we have the 3DS.
PSP 2 (if it really exist) will be released next year, and considering all the few good game on PSP, 3DS already won this gen.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To back up Twinretro here. I don't think there's no reasoning that DS owners will automatically get a 3DS. Look at Sony, the PS2 sold shitloads yet the PS3 hasn't exactly enjoyed remotely similar sales.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
emigre said:
To back up Twinretro here. I don't think there's no reasoning that DS owners will automatically get a 3DS. Look at Sony, the PS2 sold shitloads yet the PS3 hasn't exactly enjoyed remotely similar sales.
Because its so overpriced!

But for the 3ds, Im Satisfied For it, and ds users will going to buy this FOR SURE or not
[If somepeople can buy a new wii once they brick it, why cant they buy a 3ds?]

"A New and Good Hardware Costs Money,
But being the first person to get one is LUCKY!"
-Me

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
But the 3DS is overpriced!

But it's also the only next-gen handheld at least until Sony announced the PSP2 later this month and the release for that will be most likely in the fall. The only competition for the 3DS is basically against the PSP and DS, which are last gen. And like I said the DS is getting phased out.

Also, even if only half of the base of the DS buys a 3DS that still would probably put it over the top on the PSP2.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jiggah said:
emigre said:
But the 3DS is overpriced!

But it's also the only next-gen handheld at least until Sony announced the PSP2 later this month and the release for that will be most likely in the fall. The only competition for the 3DS is basically against the PSP and DS, which are last gen. And like I said the DS is getting phased out.

Also, even if only half of the base of the DS buys a 3DS that still would probably put it over the top on the PSP2.

Fair point there actually. Nice to see Ninty not take advantage of their monopoly.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i care about game play, not specs
sony cares about specs
aka i buy nintendo
i love my marios and my pokemons and my metroid and my.....
to many to mention
gameplay gets even better when new ways to control it are added
the graphical update is only a bonus for me

Dick_Gumshoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would like choose psp2 than 3ds, but since sony things look likes so hard for piracy, i'll chose 3DS , u know what the reason

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dick_Gumshoe said:
i would like choose psp2 than 3ds, but since sony things look likes so hard for piracy, i'll chose 3DS , u know what the reason

uh translation: "I will choose 3DS because pricay will be easier on it?"

well the way things have been going for sony these past months, I figure piracy might be easier on the psp2.
rofl.gif

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll pick PSP2, until the 3DS shows me the following:

1. Good games - the launch titles aren't all that great, I might bite when better titles come out.
2. Price - for $50 more I could get a ps3...really Nintendo? really?
3. That it's not a gimmick...3D to me is so unnecessary...and supposedly its the main point of this console. I'm not always gonna be sitting in the ideal viewing position Nintendo...think about it.
4. It gets a better design: the controls are good, but I want something new, whether it be slimmer (3DS lite) or something else, everytime I look at this thing it makes me think its gonna feel like a brick in my pocket. This is one of the reasons why I love my PSP Go so much, sure...it doesn't have physical media, but its pretty damn portable.

Just my 2 cents.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
IchigoK2031 said:

1. Good games - the launch titles aren't all that great, I might bite when better titles come out.
2. Price - for more I could get a ps3...really Nintendo? really?
3. That it's not a gimmick...3D to me is so unnecessary...and supposedly its the main point of this console. I'm not always gonna be sitting in the ideal viewing position Nintendo...think about it.
4. It gets a better design: the controls are good, but I want something new, whether it be slimmer (3DS lite) or something else, everytime I look at this thing it makes me think its gonna feel like a brick in my pocket. This is one of the reasons why I love my PSP Go so much, sure...it doesn't have physical media, but its pretty **** portable.

Just my 2 cents.
1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games
The launch lineup is lame because Nintendo is keeping their aces for later. If they blow everything on the launch people will be annoyed that there's no good new releases for a while.

2: You're absolutely right there. Just wait 'till a bit after launch to see if it's really worth it.

3: http://nintendo3dsblog.com/kid-icarus-upri...#more-611532545
QUOTEAside from this variety being great I think the ground-based combat is where a lot of the advantages of 3D come to light. As enemies fire projectiles as you there’s something marvellous you realise: you know exactly when they’ll reach you. Now, you can often soon work out how long it takes for projectiles to reach you in most games, but this was instant. You could judge the distance accurately, and easily dive out of the way by pushing the slide pad all the way to the left or right. Effortlessly avoiding differently-timed balls of death-bringing light makes you feel quite awesome.
4:
Nintendo-3DS-Size-Comparison-2.jpg

The 3DS is the one second from the top. Yeah, the one that's smaller than every Nintendo DS released to date. It looks larger because of the 3-layer design. It's not.

And that's my 2 cents.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:

Look it not just launch titles, there is a launch window. Launch titles not even that bad.
2. Price - for $50 more I could get a ps3...really Nintendo? really?
All the stuff it has, it reasonable. The probably have it on sale lower then what it made to make it. Plus Ps3 cost way more then now...
You made it seem like it never IchigoK2031...think about it.
4. It gets a better design: the controls are good, but I want something new And yet you dash 3D as a gimmick and do not want it? 3D games on the go seem new to me., whether it be slimmer (3DS lite) or something else, everytime I look at this thing it makes me think its gonna feel like a brick in my pocket It not even that huge 'bout the same size as the lite, but just a little thinker. This is one of the reasons why I love my PSP Go so much, sure...it doesn't have physical media, but its pretty damn portable.I rather have a psp with more features. How much did the psp go cost again?
Just my 2 cents.
Just my 2 cents.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Mate, it's smaller than the lite. Length, width and height. Don't let 3 layers of plastic fool ya. And your answer to #3 doesn't make sense.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Mate, it's smaller than the lite. Length, width and height. Don't let 3 layers of plastic fool ya. And your answer to #3 doesn't make sense.
Oh ok...

What he said

"I'm not always gonna be sitting in the ideal viewing position Nintendo"

I'm pretty sure most of the time people will.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
@KingVamp

i c where you are coming from. I didn't just look at launch titles, I looked at titles all the way until the june after, so I guess thats what I really meant by "launch titles" for me at least there are no must haves in that list. For me 3D is just a phase so that just my opinion, it will always be that way, until someone shows me otherwise. The "ideal sitting position" is one of my requirements for 3D to be viable. Nintendo accomplished one of my issues with 3D - glasses, and I applaud them for it, but until I can see 3D without having to look straight on, I will not be completely sold. My PSP Go, I bought after the price drop, I sure as hell would not buy it at the $250 price point, its just too much. Also for the record, I have a DS lite, it does still feel like a brick in my pocket, less than the chunky chunky original PSP's but still...

my...2nd 2 cents?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work