WeaponX

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone really convinced about the 3ds enough to say sony wont come threw any blow it away this time? After all nobody can see what it really looks like making it hard to judge right now, but aside from that zelda looks pretty good to me so far.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3DS because it has a large install base. They are definitely going to phase out the DSi since it's already been rumored they closed one of the manufacturing plants down. This will shift people from the DS to the 3DS.

I'll probably be getting both at some point, but right now the 3DS is largely a disappointment to me. It's expensive and lacks any compelling launch content. The hardware also the typical meh and it's a given there will be some sort of "Lite" version later on especially when you look at the specs.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
3DS because it has a large install base. They are definitely going to phase out the DSi since it's already been rumored they closed one of the manufacturing plants down. This will shift people from the DS to the 3DS.

I'll probably be getting both at some point, but right now the 3DS is largely a disappointment to me. It's expensive and lacks any compelling launch content. The hardware also the typical meh and it's a given there will be some sort of "Lite" version later on especially when you look at the specs.

Its lacks compelling launch content? Are you talkin "ware" or do you mean game because if youve seen the 3DS launch titles im sure you wouldnt be saying that.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Jiggah said:

There is no install base. The 3DS isn't even out yet. And if you're thinking DS buyer = 3DS buyer, I'm wondering where you keep your crystal ball.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zantigo said:
Jiggah said:

Its lacks compelling launch content? Are you talkin "ware" or do you mean game because if youve seen the 3DS launch titles im sure you wouldnt be saying that.

Ugh. The games that matter I already have the full and BETTER version on console. SSFIV? RE: Mercs? Which are the only two on that list that even remotely is compelling as an actual game purchase.

I don't want Nintendogs + CATS.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:

There is no install base. The 3DS isn't even out yet. And if you're thinking DS buyer = 3DS buyer, I'm wondering where you keep your crystal ball.

The install base of the DS will move over to the 3DS. They built a base with the DS system for Nintendo.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I'll go for the 3DS initially, then jump the fence and get PSP2.
tongue.gif
Yeah, I predict I'll get both as I have a habit of getting every system I can barely afford.

Oh yeah, the PSP2 will be stereo 3D -- I said it here. You can call it speculation, I just call it common sense.
tongue.gif

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Jiggah said:
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:

The install base of the DS will move over to the 3DS. They built a base with the DS system for Nintendo.

You have no way of knowing this, unless you're either a fortune teller, or a time traveller.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a DS Lite owner...the 3DS looks good and everything, but when it costs as much if not more than a PS3 or 360 there's no way i'm moving over to the 3DS for a long time.

I'm a devoted PS2 user and i didn't move over to the PS3 just because Sony released a new console.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:

You have no way of knowing this, unless you're either a fortune teller, or a time traveller.

All of this is speculation, period. The question of this thread is asking for speculation. Trying to paint me an idiot in a thread that asks specifically for what I THINK will happen is pretty ridiculous.

Here's my example.

My nieces and nephews have gone through AT LEAST 2 DSes each. When another one breaks and their mom goes out to buy them another DS, she won't be able to find one (they are being phased out). Her alternative will be the 3DS, which looks a lot like a DS and has the Nintendo branding. The name is even similar. Imagine that on a large scale.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the psp2 will be like psychonauts, great but it won't sell more than the 3DS

the PSP is barely keeping up with the iphone/ipod touch
the iphone 5 is rumored have 3D too, and if it does, I doubt the PSP2 can out sell the iPhone 5
http://www.itproportal.com/2011/01/19/coul...ch-iphone-5-3d/

I think it'll be the same like it is now
1. 3DS
2. iPhone/iPod
4. PSP2

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:

You're fucking kidding right? It's pretty much common sense that the userbase that's bought the DS will move onto the 3DS.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
ShadowSoldier said:
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:
TwinRetro said:
Jiggah said:

You're fucking kidding right? It's pretty much common sense that the userbase that's bought the DS will move onto the 3DS.

My brother isn't and neither is my wife. It's not always black and white.

HitBattousai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no guarantee that it'll be the case, but odds are good a significant portion of the DS playing crowd will buy the 3DS, barring some stupidity from Nintendo a la Sony with the launch of the PS3.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no doubt that the psp2 will be some ridiciousy overpowered super machine, but I also have no doubt that the 3DS will blow it out of the water, for the same reasons the DS beat the PSP or going back in time, that the Gameboy beat Gamegear, Lynx, or TG Express. Just look beow -

Best Selling Games

PSP - Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (3.5 million) (as of June 30, 2010)
DS - New Super Mario Bros., 24.13 million (as of September 30, 2010)

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
I have no doubt that the psp2 will be some ridiciousy overpowered super machine, but I also have no doubt that the 3DS will blow it out of the water, for the same reasons the DS beat the PSP or going back in time, that the Gameboy beat Gamegear, Lynx, or TG Express. Just look beow -

Best Selling Games

PSP - Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (3.5 million) (as of June 30, 2010)
DS - New Super Mario Bros., 24.13 million (as of September 30, 2010)

this.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
My brother isn't and neither is my wife. It's not always black and white.
Your brother and wife aren't buying one at launch is what I think you meant.

They will eventually buy a 3DS simply because it's the handheld of the decade. Just like GBA owners eventually bought a DS. Just like GBC to GBA.

Unless the 3DS is a flop, they will eventually get one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded