Hacking 3DS now booting to home menu, but can't open any apps

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 12,340
  • Replies 19
D

Deleted User

OP
So before my 3ds wasn't working and it had something to do with the wireless card or something, anyways I found another 3ds I had (o3ds-xl) and I can't open any apps on it (firmware 7.1 I believe or 7. something, lol) because when I try opening a app I just hear the open sound but nothing happens, and when I run in recovery half way into the update it fails and it gives me a error saying it failed to update. Can anyone help please (either saying how to fix the update error or how to fix the app opening issue, either would help!)
PS: I tried resetting router already for the recovery, no dice :(
I will check tomorrow for any replies, meanwhile I will go offline after I post this.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here and mine was from a cart update while i was trying to install a9lh.

Frankenfirm!!! I love it :evil:!

f969fee500302bcafc767cad28b194364d2270a49557d058968690359d17ec89.jpg

Now you will have to do this https://3ds.guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer.html

Next time don't do anything a guide doesn't say. :teach:

TheRagingOgre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly el_gonz87 it didnt work because I didnt have a9lh so basically its just a normal 3ds w/o opening apps and is this still possible to update?

D

Deleted User

OP
Sadly el_gonz87 it didnt work because I didnt have a9lh so basically its just a normal 3ds w/o opening apps and is this still possible to update?
I tried charging my 3ds xl until the charge light went away (thus meaning it fully charged) and I am updating it via recovery now, wish me luck!
PS: If it works then I will tell you how I did it :)
Edit: It still doesn't update, someone please help me!

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
I think I realized something! The 3DS isn't loading from the sd card, if I put my sd card in my 3ds it doesn't create any extradata (aka the nintendo 3ds folder on the sd card) and that's why it isn't loading anything! Now I just need to fix the sd loading problem somehow...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think I realized something! The 3DS isn't loading from the sd card, if I put my sd card in my 3ds it doesn't create any extradata (aka the nintendo 3ds folder on the sd card) and that's why it isn't loading anything! Now I just need to fix the sd loading problem somehow...
You shouldn't need a SD card to boot the system apps.
It almost sounds like all the tickets were deleted somehow, as not being able to launch any titles is what happens in that case.

D

Deleted User

OP
What I did before this was ctr transfer, then update to 7.x or 8.x via majoras mask 3d, (I forget which one, lol) and then this happened.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You shouldn't need a SD card to boot the system apps.
It almost sounds like all the tickets were deleted somehow, as not being able to launch any titles is what happens in that case.
Well, I personally don't think that's the problem, but do you know how to fix this problem?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What I did before this was ctr transfer, then update to 7.x or 8.x via majoras mask 3d, (I forget which one, lol) and then this happened.

Well, I personally don't think that's the problem, but do you know how to fix this problem?
I don't think there's a way to fix it if that's the problem. But the only way the tickets could be removed would be through homebrew :unsure:

D

Deleted User

OP
I don't think there's a way to fix it if that's the problem. But the only way the tickets could be removed would be through homebrew :unsure:
The top screen is blank, with no game icon or sound or anything... I don't understand because if I boot recovery it works so something is odd about this...

It can't be the problem because I updated via majoras mask 3d cart...

TheRagingOgre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so the tickets are removed? but how though... i just updated via cart and soundhax was not even there so how? and if there is a fix, how to do it?

Ewin

Pika pika!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I do not know if it will be useful but it will work for me. To fix this error, I restart my 2DS in recovery mode with the "L + R + DPAD UP + A" buttons and update. Well done. Try without SD too
edit: Hahaha I do not read the first post...So you can repair this with:
-NAND Backup (if you have A9LH)
-Recovery mode
-Hardmod

If the update mod doesn't work, check your internet connexion

Last edited by Ewin,

TheRagingOgre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look
I do not know if it will be useful but it will work for me. To fix this error, I restart my 2DS in recovery mode with the "L + R + DPAD UP + A" buttons and update. Well done. Try without SD too
edit: Hahaha I do not read the first post...So you can repair this with:
-NAND Backup (if you have A9LH)
-Recovery mode
-Hardmod

If the update mod doesn't work, check your internet connexion
Looks like I need to hardmod cause i tried the recovery mode

Ewin

Pika pika!
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Look

Looks like I need to hardmod cause i tried the recovery mode
I do not think the recovery mode kills the 3DS.
I have A9LH with Luma and I do that on sysnand with no problem.
So I think this method is only good if you have A9LH.

Last edited by Ewin,

TheRagingOgre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i think it only works on A9LH but my 3ds dont have it so I might try the hardmod and get lucky cause I have ZERO experience in soldering :P

nazump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing my 3DS last night, turned it off and tried playing again this morning. Any game or app that I try to open hangs for a second and gives me an error telling me to save my data or something. Even settings won't open. I'm on A9LH and the latest update. The top bar things (notifications, internet browser) are working fine.

The only thing I changed last night was a theme through CHMM, but I can't open that to change the theme back to test my theory is there a way boot into hbl through Godmode or something?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing my 3DS last night, turned it off and tried playing again this morning. Any game or app that I try to open hangs for a second and gives me an error telling me to save my data or something. Even settings won't open. I'm on A9LH and the latest update. The top bar things (notifications, internet browser) are working fine.

The only thing I changed last night was a theme through CHMM, but I can't open that to change the theme back to test my theory is there a way boot into hbl through Godmode or something?
if you have a hacked save file for oot3d, or stickerstar. from a powered off state you can boot while holding A+B+X+Y+RT to bypass the home menu and load the cart, then just select the fie.

Last edited by APartOfMe,

nazump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I suspected, the theme was to blame. I was able to change the theme via the menu in the top left of the screen and set it to default. After that everything worked just fine. The theme was bad and causing the crash and I confirmed it by reinstalling the theme. All is good now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s