• Views 4,464,327
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Ferry83

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Noob here, I've managed to install CFW, freeshop and some games already. I understand only little bit of what i've done, just followed a guide, applied some logic, tried some things and got it working..

I used my r4 card to get my 2DS XL onto CFW (pokeball edition 11.6), however I got a couple of questions:

1) Playing online, possbile? And how about game updates?
2) Is there a site that tells me when I need to update anything CFW/Freeshop etc?
3) Do I understand my CFW Correctly, during the process I flashed the 3ds firware which tells the 3DS to boot from the SD card, and both the firmware and the SD card need to be present for anything to work?
4) Do I have any limitations, like using my nintendo account? max games installed? etc?
The main reason I do this is because I don't like the cards to carry with me and I'd prefer to keep them in the plastic.. collectability reasons or something like that.

doomofanubis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while back I picked up a hacked new 3ds xl on ebay. I am wondering what steps I should go through to ensure that it stays hacked, and to update it to the latest stuff. I have a sd card reader coming in later this week, and wanted to make sure I can do all the backing up and updating needed to be secure. I would assume it would be a good idea to get a backup of what its current state is (which I am unsure what all I would need to do for) and then update it to the latest stuff and get a backup then. It appears to be a quite old revision of several of the common hacks.

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have something weird going on.

I have 2 (old) 3ds XLs with a 16 Gb micro sd card (Brand new both kingston ultra) now one 3ds has all the games i need, i wanted to download the same exact amount of games on the other ds with another 16 GB sd card yet it says it has not enough space. I used the godmode clean script so it should be the same right? how can i check/fix this perhaps?

Ferry83

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
i have something weird going on.

I have 2 (old) 3ds XLs with a 16 Gb micro sd card (Brand new both kingston ultra) now one 3ds has all the games i need, i wanted to download the same exact amount of games on the other ds with another 16 GB sd card yet it says it has not enough space. I used the godmode clean script so it should be the same right? how can i check/fix this perhaps?
You need a bit more room to install everything, Assuming a game is 1GB after installation, you need 2GB to install it (1GB for the CIA, 1GB for the install), Installing 3 or 4 games at a time worked best for me.

Reactions: zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need a bit more room to install everything, Assuming a game is 1GB after installation, you need 2GB to install it (1GB for the CIA, 1GB for the install), Installing 3 or 4 games at a time worked best for me.

That i know yes, but the issue is the same exact process was no problem for DS1 but DS2 complains about storage. That part doesnt make much sense to me

Edit:

you have me an idea :) i will download the biggest files first then after that the smaller.

Last edited by zerohealinzz,

TaqiMollah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I Have A Question for NTRBoothax.

What will happen if I use a fake R4 card? Will it just not work? Will my 3DS get bricked? When will and how will I know that it won't work. I know there is a website for it to show which ones work and don't but I want to know what are the risks and what will happen if you use a fake R4 card.

Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I Have A Question for NTRBoothax.

What will happen if I use a fake R4 card? Will it just not work? Will my 3DS get bricked? When will and how will I know that it won't work. I know there is a website for it to show which ones work and don't but I want to know what are the risks and what will happen if you use a fake R4 card.

Thanks!

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean install file? You need a cia file and the install file that has a title.cia on it?

Last edited by DaTank45,

Ferry83

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
You should see the CIA file as a RAR file.

You want to unpack the Rar on the same drive as the RAR is..
If the RAR is 1MB and the extracted files are 1MB, you need 2MB of room..

You can clear up 1MB by deleting the RAR..

Reactions: DaTank45

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should see the CIA file as a RAR file.

You want to unpack the Rar on the same drive as the RAR is..
If the RAR is 1MB and the extracted files are 1MB, you need 2MB of room..

You can clear up 1MB by deleting the RAR..
I’m sorry I was referring to games downloaded through Wii U usb helper. After download I packed the games to cia and copied to the sd card. I have a cia file of the game as well as an install folder with the game id and a file inside that says title.cia. Just didn’t know if I need both or if I just need the cia file. The only reason I can’t answer this myself is because I am waiting for the flash cart to be delivered so I can mod my system. I’m just trying to be prepared

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apologies if this is not the correct place to ask.

My r4 SD card just died (i think?) before i could use TWL tool to send my save file to the real platinum cart.

Is there anyone (by any rare chance) that has a legit platinum save file and is around badge 5, 6 or7?..

tried google, but i only find old links that dont work or hacked save files which i am not interested in.

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an o3ds with unknown CFW, that displays in the system that it has version 11.2.0-35u

What is the best way to safely upgrade this to the latest CFW / whatever the correct term is? I assume the system has some kind of emunand, but I'm not sure of any details. I can run cia files, etc.

Youhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1) loading of normal DS games on the 3DS isnt that great, and isnt compatible with all games etc
2) yes
3) you can use the devices without a switch on other devices, but you would need to reflash the ntrboot to it again, then reflash the normal firmware back to use it for DS games

Hi Hunter

I'm sorry to bother you again.

1. The preflashed cards. Will I be able to update them if there will ever be the need? I can't figure out why NOT to buy a preflashed card :)
2. I guess I'll stick to a preflashed one, since I'd be nice to play DS Roms. Any differences between "R4i Gold 3DS Plus" (for example) and "Ace3ds x" (no timebomb)?
I like the idea of having a switch accessable on the outside. But i read something about "wood firmware" being outdate on the "Ace3ds"
3. In other which flashcard do you recommend and why? Considering I want to be able to switch between 3DS and DS games.

Thank you!

Last edited by Youhb,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Hunter

I'm sorry to bother you again.

1. The preflashed cards. Will I be able to update them if there will ever be the need? I can't figure out why NOT to buy a preflashed card :)
2. I guess I'll stick to a preflashed one, since I'd be nice to play DS Roms. Any differences between "R4i Gold 3DS Plus" (for example) and "Ace3ds x" (no timebomb)?
I like the idea of having a switch accessable on the outside. But i read something about "wood firmware" being outdate on the "Ace3ds"
3. In other which flashcard do you recommend and why? Considering I want to be able to switch between 3DS and DS games.

Thank you!
you will be able to update it if needed,
as you said, ace3dsx uses an outdated (unofficial) wood "kernel"
the r4i gold plus would be the better one all round

Reactions: Youhb

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will be able to update it if needed,
as you said, ace3dsx uses an outdated (unofficial) wood "kernel"
the r4i gold plus would be the better one all round
I just purchased the R4i 3ds plus and it’s amazing! I couldn’t be happier and I’d recommend it to everyone.

Reactions: Youhb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44