• Views 4,468,221
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Unfortunately i can't try any of those things because i can't access gm9, I'll type out what happened.
Randomly 2 of my buttons stopped working properly, the Y and sometimes B button. I'm not sure how this happened because I only noticed this after an extended period of not using my 3ds.
I open my 3ds in an attempt to clean off the buttons with some compressed air (I open it up a put it back together twice because the first time I didn't get the results i wanted, which was a working Y button)
When i put it back together and try to turn on my 3DS it doesn't work at all.
I'll power up the console and it will stay on for about 7 seconds, I'll a POP sound and it turns back off. ( I'll also mention that when i plug in the charger the orange light will stay on for about the same amount of time.)
Pressing either Start or Select turns it off immediately as opposed to waiting 7 seconds.
I tried moving the essential boot files (boot.firm and the luma folder) to another micro SD and i get the exact same results
Someone else i was speaking to suggested that the SD reader for my console might be broken.
I'm 80% sure that I didn't setup CTRNAND Luma3DS or whatever that thing is called that allows you to turn on the console without having an SD your SD card inside.
I think you might have one of the ribbon cables disconnected, so I'd open it and check everything. Anyway, that's not a software issue, but hardware.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When you buy another, stay away from ebay and Amazon third-party sellers. Buy from a brick and mortar store if you can, or if not, from a trustworthy online place.

For sure. I will buy it at my place of work. I contacted the owner and he confirmed it was quite possibly fake.

Can I ask a follow up question? How does one read that this card is fake, and not just faulty? Nice to know for future reference.
Warning: Only 254660 of 255938 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
4.3 MByte OK (8960 sectors)
248.6 GByte DATA LOST (521534720 sectors)
Details:64 KByte overwritten (128 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
248.6 GByte corrupted (521534592 sectors)
64 KByte aliased memory (128 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000000000008
Expected: 0x0000000000000011
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 8.02 MByte/s
Reading speed: 6.98 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
For sure. I will buy it at my place of work. I contacted the owner and he confirmed it was quite possibly fake.

Can I ask a follow up question? How does one read that this card is fake, and not just faulty? Nice to know for future reference.
H2testw version 1.3
H2testw v1.4
Usually when a card is faulty it either doesn't work at all or just some of the data is lost. In your case almost all was lost, but a small amount was OK (there would probably have been a bit more OK if the card was empty when you tested it, because it can't test parts that are in use).
Your card is probably a 2gb card and rest of the space doesn't actually exist.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

H2testw version 1.3
H2testw v1.4
I'm not sure actually - I'm not sure if there are any different messages you can get besides data being lost. I think if you assumed every card that failed H2testw was fake you'd be right more often than not (assuming it didn't pass previously).

Reactions: Pokepicker

yaikaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, in need of some help. I have the 3.1.8 version of freeshop downloaded and thought this would make the games update, but the latest game showing up is still Monster Hunter XX with no signs of any games released after that. How do I fix this? a simple explanation would be highly appreciated!

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, in need of some help. I have the 3.1.8 version of freeshop downloaded and thought this would make the games update, but the latest game showing up is still Monster Hunter XX with no signs of any games released after that. How do I fix this? a simple explanation would be highly appreciated!
I think you have to update the enctitlekey.bin file, in the freeshop folder located in 3ds/data/freeshop/keys.
You may go into fbi then titleDB and look for an enctitlekey.bin updater, load it it should resolve your problem

Reactions: yaikaro

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have to update the enctitlekey.bin file, in the freeshop folder located in 3ds/data/freeshop/keys.
You may go into fbi then titleDB and look for an enctitlekey.bin updater, load it it should resolve your problem
The encTitleKeys.bin updater is outdated. They should only be using freeShop to update their title keys.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: nkdx and yaikaro

yaikaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

thanks, sorted it, just had to redownload keys!

Myobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kay guys, I've been in here a couple of months ago asking for some information about running 3ds roms on my 3ds. I've ordered my R4I-B9S, and it just arrived yesterday, my brother is passing by my apartment to deliver it soon enough.

From what I understand, it already comes with pre-flashed, therefore I should just have to follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot), sounds simple enough, although I need to confess I’m having a bit of trouble understanding how the hell I’ll use a magnet to put the console into sleep mode, if someone knows a trustworthy video for this it would be much appreciated.

Also, I’ve been having some issues finding good sources of roms, but I’ve read that there is an application called “free shop” or something that apparently does the trick, I’ve browsed about it a bit around the forum but couldn’t come across a detailed guide about it, again, if someone could point me in the right direction would be great =P

PS.: Oh also, my console is running an old firmware version (11.0.0-33E), I don’t have to update it, do I? or… should I?

Edited: Also, is there any other way to putting the console in sleep mode without a magnet? I don't think I have one around where I'm staying right now.

Last edited by Myobi,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
although I need to confess I’m having a bit of trouble understanding how the hell I’ll use a magnet to put the console into sleep mode, if someone knows a trustworthy video for this it would be much appreciated.
its simple . . . as far as a video though you cant really gauge where to put it from there as the video may feature a stronger magnet than you have/get . . . but you put it directly where the speaker meets the console when you close the system
Also, I’ve been having some issues finding good sources of roms,
google 3ds cia download . . . and pick the site with iso in the address bar
but I’ve read that there is an application called “free shop” or something that apparently does the trick, I’ve browsed about it a bit around the forum but couldn’t come across a detailed guide about it, again, if someone could point me in the right direction would be great =P
[Release] Community freeShop fork
How do I use/install freeShop?
quick tutorial here
  1. Open FBI, go to Remote Install, then Scan QR Code
  2. Visit https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pauls-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.483159/ on your computer and scan the QR code at the beginning of the thread with your 3DS
  3. Hit A to install
  4. Google search 3DS titlekeys on your computer
  5. Click the QR code button underneath the heading 'enctitlekeys.bin'
  6. Press B on your 3DS until you get back to the main FBI menu, then hit Start to exit
  7. Open up freeShop
  8. Tap the cog icon, then the Update tab
  9. Tick the top checkbox on the touch screen
  10. Tap the little QR code button that is near the top checkbox
  11. Scan the QR code that appeared on your computer screen in step 5
  12. Press Start to exit freeShop
  13. Open up freeShop, and it is ready to use
PS.: Oh also, my console is running an old firmware version (11.0.0-33E), I don’t have to update it, do I? or… should I?
no need to . . . also will not matter if you do at this point
Edited: Also, is there any other way to putting the console in sleep mode without a magnet? I don't think I have one around where I'm staying right now.
i actually used the top screen (technically the speaker) of my 3ds to trigger sleep mode on my friends 3ds so i could install b9s on it for him

sliver123

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, found my stylus of 3ds on the ground and saw that there were some ''chew'' marks (I think my dog did it) does water damage the stylus or is it no problem to clean with water the stylus?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi, found my stylus of 3ds on the ground and saw that there were some ''chew'' marks (I think my dog did it) does water damage the stylus or is it no problem to clean with water the stylus?
Don't take this for certain, but I'm pretty sure at least cold water will do no harm.

Reactions: wormdood

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new idea for how I'm gonna move data from my other dead 3ds to the new one. I'll add CFW to my 3DS thats going to arrive friday but instead of using CFW Sysnand I'm going to use emunand and restore my old nand backup to the emunand. Can anyone here confirm if that sounds feasible, and if it is could the tell me how to get luma + b9s working with emunand?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a new idea for how I'm gonna move data from my other dead 3ds to the new one. I'll add CFW to my 3DS thats going to arrive friday but instead of using CFW Sysnand I'm going to use emunand and restore my old nand backup to the emunand. Can anyone here confirm if that sounds feasible, and if it is could the tell me how to get luma + b9s working with emunand?
I'm almost certain restoring nand backups from other consoles won't work even to emunand.

Myobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, sounds "simple" I said, oh boy, oh boy...

I’m not even sure what guide I actually need to follow, the version table kind of tells me to follow this one:

https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

Since I'm using an old 3ds, version 11.0.0.33E

However, the guide also says that if I have a R4 B9S I can skip a bunch of that none sense and just do this instead:

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

The first guide keeps giving me an “PM INIT” error, the second one I can’t even boot the damned thing, copied all that contents it mentions (although the picture shows a couple of folders that ain’t in my SD card such as Nintendo 3DS folder & DCIM folder), I turn off my console, put the magnet on the sleeping place, hold power + start + select + X for a couple of seconds, release, but nothing seems to happen… any suggestions?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first guide keeps giving me an “PM INIT” error,
when does this happen

the second one I can’t even boot the damned thing, (although the picture shows a couple of folders that ain’t in my SD card such as Nintendo 3DS folder & DCIM folder)
that picture is of the consoles sd card not the flashcards sd card . . . if language is a problem there are translations (top right corner of the site)

Reactions: Quantumcat

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I'm technically asking this in a second location. Bite me. I am curious as to the following:
I hacked someone's O3DSXL using CyberQuake's PC-less NTRPack script 2.0. The first time I ran the script, it said A9LH was detected on the system. So, I ran the cleanup scripts for the O3DSXL and tried again: same error. How is it detecting A9LH? Via a sector0x96 key hash. Now, the CFW removal script for the O3DSXL doesn't touch sector0x96, and the N3DSXL only checks to see if it's genuine or not.

So, is there a particular reason the sector0x96.bin is modified on an O3DSXL? Shouldn't this only be changed on an N3DS? Should I copy a clean version of secret sector to that 3DS? Or do we just not care? I falsely assumed the cfw removal script from 3ds.guide would restore anything needed to continue.

I ended up commenting out the part of the script that checks for a modified secret sector and everything works just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1