• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

imso3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm using Sky3DS for about 2 years or so, and I see that there is a new way to hack your system with a custom firmware (boot9strap / NTR or something), if im correct the custom firmware gives me an option to edit 3ds games, play with cheats/mods, play DS/GBA games etc. any way to install it with a R4i on 11.6.0 without having 2 systems? I probably got the info really mixed up so I kinnda need help with it. (I mainly want to use it so I will be able to play games like Pokemon Yellow for the virtual 3ds)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm using Sky3DS for about 2 years or so, and I see that there is a new way to hack your system with a custom firmware (boot9strap / NTR or something), if im correct the custom firmware gives me an option to edit 3ds games, play with cheats/mods, play DS/GBA games etc. any way to install it with a R4i on 11.6.0 without having 2 systems? I probably got the info really mixed up so I kinnda need help with it. (I mainly want to use it so I will be able to play games like Pokemon Yellow for the virtual 3ds)

Is your flashcard listed here: https://3ds.guide/ntrboot? If it is, you can use it to install cfw.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I have all my custom firmware, freeshop etc. saved on a 4GB card in the micro sd slot. In the R4i card I have a 32GB card, and from what I've read freeshop games can't be saved onto the card that is in the R4i cartridge. So if I'm gonna swap sd cards, can I just copy all the folders from the 4GB to the 32GB card or do I have to use some sort of programme?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have all my custom firmware, freeshop etc. saved on a 4GB card in the micro sd slot. In the R4i card I have a 32GB card, and from what I've read freeshop games can't be saved onto the card that is in the R4i cartridge. So if I'm gonna swap sd cards, can I just copy all the folders from the 4GB to the 32GB card or do I have to use some sort of programme?
Just copy-paste.

Reactions: RookieKid

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My CFW'd New Nintendo 3DS XL has become unusable so now I'm buying a new console to replace it. Luckily i have a recent backup of my nand and a means of applying CFW to any console. I purchased a regular sized New nintendo 3ds because i felt like i could use more pocket room, but i neglected to make sure that the 3ds was a US region console before i purchased it. it arrives on Friday and (in the case of it being a console from a different region) I want to know if its possible to restore a NAND backup of a console from the US region to a console for a differing region without any issues. And if there are any issues what should i do to avoid them.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
My CFW'd New Nintendo 3DS XL has become unusable so now I'm buying a new console to replace it. Luckily i have a recent backup of my nand and a means of applying CFW to any console. I purchased a regular sized New nintendo 3ds because i felt like i could use more pocket room, but i neglected to make sure that the 3ds was a US region console before i purchased it. it arrives on Friday and (in the case of it being a console from a different region) I want to know if its possible to restore a NAND backup of a console from the US region to a console for a differing region without any issues. And if there are any issues what should i do to avoid them.
You cannot restore a NAND backup to a different console. If your console is not working you can't get any data from it (unless you had the foresight to backup your saves using JKSM before it died).

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot restore a NAND backup to a different console. If your console is not working you can't get any data from it (unless you had the foresight to backup your saves using JKSM before it died).
Since that's the case, is there a trouble shooting thread where i can find info on how to (probably) fix up my older 3ds?

Last edited by skullpatch,

TyDye

Linux and 3DS geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few questions about the 3ds system

1.are the following system apps/titles and if not are they safe to delete
*TWLoader TWLNAND side
*TWLoader TWLNAND side (yeah, twice)
*TWLoader TWLNAND side Part 2
*DS Download Play
*Nintendo DSi Camera
*Nintendo DSi Sound
*Nintendo DSi TM

2. is it safe to delete health and safety?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

3. how do i dump the romFS of a game

Last edited by TyDye,

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@Quantumcat h2testw has been running for most of the day. It is doing the verification sequence and I see it already states "This media is likely to be defective", with currently 82GByte listed as "DATA LOST".
I'm guessing that is not good.

Edit: Is there any reason to let the test complete verification when it already states that it most likely is defective?

Warning: Only 254660 of 255938 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
0 KByte OK (0 sectors)
82.9 GByte DATA LOST (173973504 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
82.9 GByte corrupted (173973504 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000000000008
Expected: 0x0000000000000011
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3

Last edited by Pokepicker,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
@Quantumcat h2testw has been running for most of the day. It is doing the verification sequence and I see it already states "This media is likely to be defective", with currently 82GByte listed as "DATA LOST".
I'm guessing that is not good.

Edit: Is there any reason to let the test complete verification when it already states that it most likely is defective?

Warning: Only 254660 of 255938 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
0 KByte OK (0 sectors)
82.9 GByte DATA LOST (173973504 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
82.9 GByte corrupted (173973504 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000000000008
Expected: 0x0000000000000011
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Your sd card seems to be fake. You should get a new one from a trustable place.

Reactions: Quantumcat

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a look here: https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting. If it doesn't help you can tell the symptoms here and we might be able to help.
Unfortunately i can't try any of those things because i can't access gm9, I'll type out what happened.
Randomly 2 of my buttons stopped working properly, the Y and sometimes B button. I'm not sure how this happened because I only noticed this after an extended period of not using my 3ds.
I open my 3ds in an attempt to clean off the buttons with some compressed air (I open it up a put it back together twice because the first time I didn't get the results i wanted, which was a working Y button)
When i put it back together and try to turn on my 3DS it doesn't work at all.
I'll power up the console and it will stay on for about 7 seconds, I'll a POP sound and it turns back off. ( I'll also mention that when i plug in the charger the orange light will stay on for about the same amount of time.)
Pressing either Start or Select turns it off immediately as opposed to waiting 7 seconds.
I tried moving the essential boot files (boot.firm and the luma folder) to another micro SD and i get the exact same results
Someone else i was speaking to suggested that the SD reader for my console might be broken.
I'm 80% sure that I didn't setup CTRNAND Luma3DS or whatever that thing is called that allows you to turn on the console without having an SD your SD card inside.

Last edited by skullpatch,

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some kind of homebrew method of transferring games from one 3DS to another. Like when i used the system transfer from my o3ds to my n3ds by the end of the process all I had to do was copy the files to the new SD card and that was that. Is there anyway to accomplish this?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it safe to Flash the New 3ds xl with luma and go online (play, eshop and co).
I mean it to Bans and These thinks.

How it work when nintendo Update the Firmware?

I had only Flash the Old 3ds xl but i would knew that Because the New 3ds xl that i have

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1. Is it safe to Flash the New 3ds xl with luma and go online (play, eshop and co).
I mean it to Bans and These thinks.

2. How it work when nintendo Update the Firmware?

I had only Flash the Old 3ds xl but i would knew that Because the New 3ds xl that i have

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk
1. It's safe
2. Just update normally

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Spend 50 hours playing the game