MarkChaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
So I am a super noob and I just got a new 3ds Ver 11.4.0-37E

I know this is the older firmware and I am not keen to upgrade until I get a few things cleared up, I beg your pardon for what I assume is a repeated question, but there is just an information overload and I was hoping a veteran with some patience would help.

1. I want to play 3DS Roms (backups of games I own obviously) so I assume I need a flash card ... R4i 3ds gold deluxe, correct?

2. Once I have this I will follow one of the many guides on flashing, I don’t expect you to link, but I would appreciate it if there is a link specifically catered to my setup... are there different kinds of flashes for this particular flash card?

3. Once I have flashed my device, will I be able to update to the latest firmware and still play rom backups?

4. Will I still be able to make online purchases on the store?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys.
So I am a super noob and I just got a new 3ds Ver 11.4.0-37E

I know this is the older firmware and I am not keen to upgrade until I get a few things cleared up, I beg your pardon for what I assume is a repeated question, but there is just an information overload and I was hoping a veteran with some patience would help.

1. I want to play 3DS Roms (backups of games I own obviously) so I assume I need a flash card ... R4i 3ds gold deluxe, correct?

2. Once I have this I will follow one of the many guides on flashing, I don’t expect you to link, but I would appreciate it if there is a link specifically catered to my setup... are there different kinds of flashes for this particular flash card?

3. Once I have flashed my device, will I be able to update to the latest firmware and still play rom backups?

4. Will I still be able to make online purchases on the store?

1. Because you're on 11.4 you'll need any of the ones listed here that work on <=11.6: https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

2. Just follow 3ds.guide.

3. Yes. After you've completed the guide you can update. You don't even need the flashcard after that except to play old ds roms

4. Yes.

MarkChaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks for the info. Perhaps you can help with one last piece to this crazy puzzle. What’s the difference between the R4i gold and the deluxe version?

If I get this one, will I be able to play my 3DS games and all the other fun goodies (including being able to update?)

bit.ly/2zCu4wc

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks for the info. Perhaps you can help with one last piece to this crazy puzzle. What’s the difference between the R4i gold and the deluxe version?

If I get this one, will I be able to play my 3DS games and all the other fun goodies (including being able to update?)

bit.ly/2zCu4wc

That one should work, but you really should buy from nds-card.com, because they're the most reliable seller. I'd recommend this one: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 It has a switch to change between ntrboot and ds flashcard modes so you don't need to flash it.

MarkChaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Again, thank you, seriously, you helping a complete noob.

I have the card you suggested in the cart, but because I am in the UK, the ship’n is more than the card. Is there an equivallent to the card you suggested found on this site?

bit.ly/2jnQ2bv

PiroKunCL

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi! I'm new here. i want to use the dsiware method. i have a previously hacked 3dsxl with boot9strap, the homebrew launcher, rosalina 2, fbi etc... and the target is a 2ds with 11.6
What happen with the 3dsxl after the process? what happen with all the software, saved games and custom firmware?
Thanks!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Again, thank you, seriously, you helping a complete noob.

I have the card you suggested in the cart, but because I am in the UK, the ship’n is more than the card. Is there an equivallent to the card you suggested found on this site?

bit.ly/2jnQ2bv
nds-card has free international shipping. The card you linked earlier should work as long as they actually deliver the correct one. You should look for info about the seller before buying, but again I highly recommend nds-card.

Nightzero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I've a question about a 2DS XL running on 11.4.0. Would i need to buy a flashcart to emulate/inject old games such as the GBA and SNES? Or is the Soundhax option a better choice?

deest

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello, I recently bought a N3DS (fw 11.6.0-39E) and I would like to play pokemon games. I have few question about...
My goal is to play all Pokemon games and store Pokemon to Pokebank, I would like to start with DS games on my console.
Q1: I am thinking about buying an R4i flash card for playing downloaded ROMs. Would it be able to transfer Pokemons from flash card saves into PokeBank? Could you redirect me to source with guide? :)
Q2: Would it be possible to do the same for 3DS saves from Sky3DS+?
Q3: I have old GBA saves from PC emulator (Pokemon Yellow and Crystal) in .sav format - is there any way how to transfer pokemons from these saves to Pokebank?
Q4: Do I need to buy private header if I want to play pokemon games?

Thanks a lot for answers :) Great community here :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, I recently bought a N3DS (fw 11.6.0-39E) and I would like to play pokemon games. I have few question about...
My goal is to play all Pokemon games and store Pokemon to Pokebank, I would like to start with DS games on my console.
Q1: I am thinking about buying an R4i flash card for playing downloaded ROMs. Would it be able to transfer Pokemons from flash card saves into PokeBank? Could you redirect me to source with guide? :)
Q2: Would it be possible to do the same for 3DS saves from Sky3DS+?
Q3: I have old GBA saves from PC emulator (Pokemon Yellow and Crystal) in .sav format - is there any way how to transfer pokemons from these saves to Pokebank?
Q4: Do I need to buy private header if I want to play pokemon games?

Thanks a lot for answers :) Great community here :)
Look at https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

Buy a flashcart compatible with ntrboot, you'll be able to play all 3DS and DS games. You don't need a private header or Sky3DS. I don't know about the GBA roms.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to sound like the noob-est question...but how do I actually use cheats with the R4i 3DS RTS? The start menu inside the flash cart doesn't have cheats as an option so I don't know how to select cheats...

EDIT-Nevermind! Cheats are in File Info in the start menu.

EDIT 2-I am having a problem with codes not working, even after I edited my usrcheat.dat file in R4cce. Most of my codes just are not activating at all.

Last edited by Rokku,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to sound like the noob-est question...but how do I actually use cheats with the R4i 3DS RTS? The start menu inside the flash cart doesn't have cheats as an option so I don't know how to select cheats...

EDIT-Nevermind! Cheats are in File Info in the start menu.

EDIT 2-I am having a problem with codes not working, even after I edited my usrcheat.dat file in R4cce. Most of my codes just are not activating at all.
Some cheats only work with certain versions of the game, some cheats don't work at all..... it's just one of those things. You can always try different ones and see if that's the issue.

JP1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I just finished following the remaining steps from the 3ds.guide website and everything seems to be working.

I'm aware that the free estore can be used to download copies of the games that I've purchased. But, what about games that aren't sold in the estore? For example, I have a copy of Tales of the Abyss. If I download a copy of the rom, is there a way that I can play it directly from my modded 3ds instead of needing the actual cartridge? How do I do that?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, so I just finished following the remaining steps from the 3ds.guide website and everything seems to be working.

I'm aware that the free estore can be used to download copies of the games that I've purchased. But, what about games that aren't sold in the estore? For example, I have a copy of Tales of the Abyss. If I download a copy of the rom, is there a way that I can play it directly from my modded 3ds instead of needing the actual cartridge? How do I do that?
Use GodMode9 to dump it as a cia then you can install with FBI. See https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage for how to dump it.

Reactions: JP1983

azureflare

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can upgrade to boot9strap/luma and have a dual-boot luma/gateway setup

How can I do that? Is there a guide that I can follow?

By doing this, does this mean that I'll have:
- The latest cfw (11.6) where I can load .cia games that require internet access and
- A way to boot into Gateway (emuNAND 11.2) to load .3ds games that don't require internet access?

Thanks for your help!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some cheats only work with certain versions of the game, some cheats don't work at all..... it's just one of those things. You can always try different ones and see if that's the issue.

I'd expect that with hacked games but I have unhacked games where literally none of my codes work, and I don't understand that. I got the usercheat.dat file from someone here and it's very recent and claims to be compatible with the R4i 3DS RTS I have...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn