• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd expect that with hacked games but I have unhacked games where literally none of my codes work, and I don't understand that. I got the usercheat.dat file from someone here and it's very recent and claims to be compatible with the R4i 3DS RTS I have...
Hmm well it's obvious that the cheat file supplied is NOT compatible with your card Lol. My R4i Gold 3DS RTS came with pre-installed cheats for the majority of DS games and they all work flawlessly (especially the one's for Pokemon, there are tons). I could potentially dump mine and give it to you since we have the same card, unless of course yours is a clone or something..... Where did you buy it?

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm well it's obvious that the cheat file supplied is NOT compatible with your card Lol. My R4i Gold 3DS RTS came with pre-installed cheats for the majority of DS games and they all work flawlessly (especially the one's for Pokemon, there are tons). I could potentially dump mine and give it to you since we have the same card, unless of course yours is a clone or something..... Where did you buy it?

I got it from a place called DWTechz.com. I was able to use it to install CFW on my N3DSXL with no problems so I'd assume it's a legit card.

1Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can someone here please help me ?

I screwed up.

I shouldn't have done this step from the 3ds.guide site: https://i.imgur.com/0PlwD99.png

Now my N3DS XL won't turn on when I put in my sd card.

It'll only turn on without the sd card.

Now every time I put in the sd card (when I'm at the home menu) FBI won't let me install any CIA's.

And all of my CIA's and games dissapear when I close the FBI app.

Is there anyway to fix this ?

I wish I didn't follow the Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS guide :(

I should've just skipped to Section VII.

Will formatting my sd card and N3DS XL solve this problem ?

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I haven't used my 3ds for over a year now so im still using luma with a9lh. I updated to newest firmware but now my 3ds wont start. Does anybody know what I can do to fix it?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I haven't used my 3ds for over a year now so im still using luma with a9lh. I updated to newest firmware but now my 3ds wont start. Does anybody know what I can do to fix it?
You should update to boot9strap: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
If you only want to get the 3ds working again replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card with the one from Luma 7.0.5 release.

Reactions: Quantumcat

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
won't start? As in, it won't boot? Does the power light turn on?

It turns on and hangs

You should update to boot9strap: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
If you only want to get the 3ds working again replace the arm9loaderhax.bin on your sd card with the one from Luma 7.0.5 release.

Okay this worked thank you
I will probably update at some point but for now im just glad my 3ds is working again

Reactions: PossiblyOne

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone here please help me ?

I screwed up.

I shouldn't have done this step from the 3ds.guide site: https://i.imgur.com/0PlwD99.png

Now my N3DS XL won't turn on when I put in my sd card.

It'll only turn on without the sd card.

Now every time I put in the sd card (when I'm at the home menu) FBI won't let me install any CIA's.

And all of my CIA's and games dissapear when I close the FBI app.

Is there anyway to fix this ?

I wish I didn't follow the Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS guide :(

I should've just skipped to Section VII.

Will formatting my sd card and N3DS XL solve this problem ?
Go into GodMode9, into CTR-NAND, and copy the boot.firm. Go into SD and paste it there. That way your console will behave the same way whether or not you have the SD card in.

1Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
won't start? As in, it won't boot? Does the power light turn on?
Hi, sorry for replying this late.

I took a good look at my micro sd card and usb, neither of them have a unlock/lock slide.

This is very strange to me, because I didn't encounter this problem (write protected) yesterday when I was installing homebrew and cfw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Go into GodMode9, into CTR-NAND, and copy the boot.firm. Go into SD and paste it there. That way your console will behave the same way whether or not you have the SD card in.

I took a good look at my micro sd card and usb, neither of them have a unlock/lock slide.

This is very strange to me, because I didn't encounter this problem (write protected) yesterday when I was installing homebrew and cfw.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of an installation guide for RetroArch? I don't want to install it wrong, but I'd really like to start using emulators.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Did you try what I suggested?

Does anyone know of an installation guide for RetroArch? I don't want to install it wrong, but I'd really like to start using emulators.
Emulating which systems? VC is easier if it's available. Ie Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, NES, and SNES (for N3DS) and others.

JP1983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've installed LibRetro Snes9x 2005 and Nestopia. Is there any way to change the default directory where the emulators look for roms? Right now, it always seems to start in the root directory and I'd like to change it to the actual directory where I'm storing my roms. Thanks!

Germaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys quick question I stopped playing 3ds for a while, I have Luma and a9lh so I just updated my 3ds. I got into the freeshop but I see the same games I had months ago (freeshop updated its cache when entering) so my question is, are newer games like metroid or monster hunter stories in the freeshop and I'm doing something good wrong? Or my free shop is OK and those games are not there yet. Thanks.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys quick question I stopped playing 3ds for a while, I have Luma and a9lh so I just updated my 3ds. I got into the freeshop but I see the same games I had months ago (freeshop updated its cache when entering) so my question is, are newer games like metroid or monster hunter stories in the freeshop and I'm doing something good wrong? Or my free shop is OK and those games are not there yet. Thanks.
Well, the title keys site got a website extension, if you haven't heard. Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to get your freeShop properly updated and with the correct title keys.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, I have a question.

I have my PS3 with me, but I don;t have a controller atm, nor my PSP with me, as I know you can use that as a controller too.
I have my 3DS with me though. So my question is, can you use the 3DS on the PS3 as controller? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Rillomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hate to do this, but being away from the scene for years makes me like a lost puppy, each single time.
Here's the situation:
Yesterday i bought a 2ds from a guy who said it had cfw with luma in it.
Not knowing anything at all about it i was told by that guy to play any game via 'sound 3ds' app-->freeshop.
Games from freeshop work perfectly, and it seems to be updated with latest titles.
Now:
My system has fw 11.5 and (after reading here and there without finding a really clear answer)i checked luma version by pressing the 'select' button, and it's 8.1.1.
The questions are:
I need to update the system to play online, is it safe to do it via the main menu of my 2ds?

Assuming i don't know what A9HL and B9S are, is there a way to know which one do i have?(i've read that B9S is safer for updating(?))

Thanks in advance for the answers, and please mind that a simple one would make the difference, i'll deal with the logistic catch up afterwards ^^

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I hate to do this, but being away from the scene for years makes me like a lost puppy, each single time.
Here's the situation:
Yesterday i bought a 2ds from a guy who said it had cfw with luma in it.
Not knowing anything at all about it i was told by that guy to play any game via 'sound 3ds' app-->freeshop.
Games from freeshop work perfectly, and it seems to be updated with latest titles.
Now:
My system has fw 11.5 and (after reading here and there without finding a really clear answer)i checked luma version by pressing the 'select' button, and it's 8.1.1.
The questions are:
I need to update the system to play online, is it safe to do it via the main menu of my 2ds?

Assuming i don't know what A9HL and B9S are, is there a way to know which one do i have?(i've read that B9S is safer for updating(?))

Thanks in advance for the answers, and please mind that a simple one would make the difference, i'll deal with the logistic catch up afterwards ^^
It's safe to update and you have b9s

Reactions: Rillomaru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: How old are you? Me: I was alive when I was alive Any hints