• Views 4,509,022
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is/(may be) unrelated to the previous question but . . . aren't the keys in the otp?
From what I can find, seems like they sort of are? This is what I found on it:
The OTP is a 0x100 byte region of seemingly random data at address 0x10012000. It is presumed that console unique keys are derived from this region, although it is currently unknown exactly how. The region is likely the console unique data store which is decrypted by the bootrom, but we don't know how that is done until somebody dumps the full protected bootrom. It is unknown at this time if anyone has successfully dumped the protected bootrom.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, was looking for a little help. Sorry :(

So I have two 3ds':

My o3ds, and my wife's n3ds.

I performed the same process (following this guide) to set both of them with AuReiNand CFW. I'm on 4.2 as of yesterday (was 4.0 before), she's on 4.0. We are both on system update 10.7.

We've noticed that she is completely unable to do any sort of local multiplayer. It constantly gives her disconnection messages. We tried playing Download Play with Zelda: Triforce Warriors, and we tried local play with two copies of Final Fantasy Explorers. In both cases, we'd be disconnected within 30 seconds (never enough time to finish the download play download!).

Last night we had a third (not hacked) friend over to play some games. I had no problem playing with him, but she'd get the disconnects, so that's when we realized the problem was with her n3ds.

Now- weirdly, online play works perfectly fine. We played through Final Fantasy Explorers via online play by connecting to each other even though we were in the same room.

But for games that are local only, or games we want to play via download play, we're unable to play together. And it seems localized to her 3ds.

So, two questions:

1) Has anyone seen this before? Is it at all possible that it is related to the 3ds hacks?

2) If it's a hardware problem, should I/how do I remove the hacks before sending it in to Nintendo?

One additional question:

3) If I buy another n3ds to replace my o3ds, what is the correct process to move everything over? Including games installed from .cia? (In several cases, I installed games from CIA's that I already owned the cartridges for, because I wanted to not have to carry the cartridges around- then I transferred the savegame.)

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I want to system transfer my O3DS XL to my N3DS, how do I do that while installing A9LH to my N3DS? Do I do the system transfer before or after A9 is set up?

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm planning on switching over to A9LH and using AuReiNAND on sysNAND and I have a few questions.

*How do I get rid of the emuNAND portion on my SD card?
*Should I install A9LH and AuReiNAND in that order or does the order in which I install them not matter?
*How do I transfer my emuNAND contents to sysNAND?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have ReiNAND on an O3DS with BootCTR. I'd like to switch to AuReiNand. Is this a simple process? Can I do this easily while keeping the BootCTR settings?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on switching over to A9LH and using AuReiNAND on sysNAND and I have a few questions.

*How do I get rid of the emuNAND portion on my SD card?
*Should I install A9LH and AuReiNAND in that order or does the order in which I install them not matter?
*How do I transfer my emuNAND contents to sysNAND?
All your questions are answered in the guide.
I have ReiNAND on an O3DS with BootCTR. I'd like to switch to AuReiNand. Is this a simple process? Can I do this easily while keeping the BootCTR settings?
I doubt there'll be any problems. Keep a backup of your sd card just in case, but just delete the files for Reinand and replace them with the files for Aureinand.

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Kikorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, I've a question.

I've always used Sava Data Manager to backup my saves on 3ds directly from the Homebrew Channel, until fw 10.5. After 10.5, I did the downgrade and installed emuNAND and sysNAND unlinked, so I've did the update to 10.7.

Now I've sysNAND and emuNAND unlinked, and to use the cfw I've to boot it from Manuhax (I use Cake). I've tried the Save Data Manager to backup my saves like before, but the problem is that I only see the sysNAND apps, so I see nothing! SVDT is the same. Probably I would have to start the homebrew channel from emuNAND to show my digital games, but I have no idea how to do that :(

Someone can help me? Thanks!

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I've a question.

I've always used Sava Data Manager to backup my saves on 3ds directly from the Homebrew Channel, until fw 10.5. After 10.5, I did the downgrade and installed emuNAND and sysNAND unlinked, so I've did the update to 10.7.

Now I've sysNAND and emuNAND unlinked, and to use the cfw I've to boot it from Manuhax (I use Cake). I've tried the Save Data Manager to backup my saves like before, but the problem is that I only see the sysNAND apps, so I see nothing! SVDT is the same. Probably I would have to start the homebrew channel from emuNAND to show my digital games, but I have no idea how to do that :(

Someone can help me? Thanks!
Inject FBI to H&S. Then install this.

Reactions: Kikorin

Aeth-r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide for installing A9LH and CFW, it doesn't make any distinction between N3DS and N3DSXL. I'm assuming it's just the same files for both, but I'd just like confirmation on that before I proceed.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guide for installing A9LH and CFW, it doesn't make any distinction between N3DS and N3DSXL. I'm assuming it's just the same files for both, but I'd just like confirmation on that before I proceed.

In terms of installing CFW, there's no difference between N3DS and N3DSXL. That's because they're the "new" type.

Reactions: Aeth-r

DoppelgangerMkI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my N3DS region yesterday, from JP to US and now every time I press the home button or shutdown button, the machine freeze (you can still shut down by holding the shutdown button). Is there any solution to this? It doesn't hinder me much in term of usability but I'm bothered nonetheless.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Looking for some help!
I have a n3DS 9.9-26U here, and the browser exploit is not an option.
I have a Gateway and OOT. I used an O3DS on 4.2 to inject the Gateway provided SAVE file for OOT. I place launcher.dat on n3DS microSD- I launch OOT on n3DS, and I see the special save file. I click it, checkmark- FREEZE.
What did I do wrong? (Tried multiple reformats of SD, redownloads of launcher.dat, reattempts to inject savefile)

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for some help!
I have a n3DS 9.9-26U here, and the browser exploit is not an option.
I have a Gateway and OOT. I used an O3DS on 4.2 to inject the Gateway provided SAVE file for OOT. I place launcher.dat on n3DS microSD- I launch OOT on n3DS, and I see the special save file. I click it, checkmark- FREEZE.
What did I do wrong? (Tried multiple reformats of SD, redownloads of launcher.dat, reattempts to inject savefile)
First off, Gateway doesn't work on anything >9.2, so launcher.dat would probably do nothing. And to use oothax, you have to have boot.3dsx in the rooting your sd card and the proper save file. I'm not familiar with Gateway, so I'm not certain if the one they give you inject is the same one as what Yellows8 provides. Probably not if it's searching for launcher.dat in your sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu