• Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you have the "Nintendo 3DS" folder backed up and haven't formatted your NAND since backing it up, both your games and their saves are backed up fine.

So having these files from when the 3ds was on 10.7 can be put back? I'm in the process of installing a CFW and that involves doing some things with NANDs, no?

Attachments

• sd cards saves.png
    sd cards saves.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 211

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So having these files from when the 3ds was on 10.7 can be put back? I'm in the process of installing a CFW and that involves doing some things with NANDs, no?
Yes, they can be put back. When you format emuNAND on your SD card, it'll have the same id as sysNAND initially, so the games should show up in emuNAND and sysNAND. At some point, you'll probably want to format sysNAND to unlink sysNAND and emuNAND. This will cause the games to no longer show up on sysNAND, but they should still show up on emuNAND since emuNAND retains the original NAND id.

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they can be put back. When you format emuNAND on your SD card, it'll have the same id as sysNAND initially, so the games should show up in emuNAND and sysNAND. At some point, you'll probably want to format sysNAND to unlink sysNAND and emuNAND. This will cause the games to no longer show up on sysNAND, but they should still show up on emuNAND since emuNAND retains the original NAND id.

Still new so I apologize for not getting some of that. In simpler terms, putting the files back now, then proceeding to setup a CFW will leave the games and their saves in the same state?

Following this tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still new so I apologize for not getting some of that. In simpler terms, putting the files back now, then proceeding to setup a CFW will leave the games and their saves in the same state?
Ok, I'm not sure where you are in the guide, so I'll try to simplify things. You should wait 'til after you finish setting up CFW to restore the files. But yes, when you restore them, your games and their saves will be in the state they were when you backed them up.

Your NAND has a hexadecimal id number. Your games and their saves are tied to this id. Your real NAND, called sysNAND has this id currently. At some point in the guide, you will create an emulated NAND on your SD card, called an emuNAND. EmuNAND is initially a copy of sysNAND, meaning they have the same id. This causes conflicts between sysNAND and emuNAND, because they are both using the same files. So you need to unlink them, giving them different ids, so they will no longer use the same files.

You will unlink sysNAND and emuNAND by formatting sysNAND while the SD card is outside of the 3DS. This causes sysNAND to create a new id, while emuNAND still uses the original id. This means that sysNAND will not have the games on it anymore, because it's looking for different files now, but emuNAND will still look for the same files. At this point, when you put the "Nintendo 3DS" folder back on your SD card, emuNAND should detect your games and their saves.

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm not sure where you are in the guide, so I'll try to simplify things. You should wait 'til after you finish setting up CFW to restore the files. But yes, when you restore them, your games and their saves will be in the state they were when you backed them up.

Your NAND has a hexadecimal id number. Your games and their saves are tied to this id. Your real NAND, called sysNAND has this id currently. At some point in the guide, you will create an emulated NAND on your SD card, called an emuNAND. EmuNAND is initially a copy of sysNAND, meaning they have the same id. This causes conflicts between sysNAND and emuNAND, because they are both using the same files. So you need to unlink them, giving them different ids, so they will no longer use the same files.

You will unlink sysNAND and emuNAND by formatting sysNAND while the SD card is outside of the 3DS. This causes sysNAND to create a new id, while emuNAND still uses the original id. This means that sysNAND will not have the games on it anymore, because it's looking for different files now, but emuNAND will still look for the same files. At this point, when you put the "Nintendo 3DS" folder back on your SD card, emuNAND should detect your games and their saves.

Ah, should've explained where I was. I hadn't made it very far, only to the point of starting up homebrew via internet browser so I was unsure on whether or not to proceed, if there was a chance to save the files and I didn't take it.

AriasValm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a hard modded 3DS and I decided to do a system transfer from my old 3DS. Now when I launch it it's just a normal screen. It doesn't load without the microSD, so A9HL is still there, but how do I fix it to get it back to where it was?

samsbrotherinlaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've successfully followed the tutorial and installed reinand and it now boots on startup, everything is good. Now about restoring the saves, should I be overwriting any files?

KillerSmurf10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by KillerSmurf10,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, thats what my folder is, sorry.
everything is as it should be, but still get the error.
It's a common error.
Make sure you have only your cias and not other hidden files or something in the updates folder and keep trying.

You may need 20 or more tries, so good luck and be patient :P

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: KillerSmurf10

AriasValm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a hard modded 3DS and I decided to do a system transfer from my old 3DS. Now when I launch it it's just a normal screen. It doesn't load without the microSD, so A9HL is still there, but how do I fix it to get it back to where it was?

The guy I bought it from sent me this when I asked about it "If A9HL is still working your best option will be to use Decrypt9 to inject FBI into the health&safety app and use that to install FBI. After that you can restore the health&safety app back to normal and use the installed FBI. I suggest making a thread on gbatemp for help with this."

I have no idea what that means.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guy I bought it from sent me this when I asked about it "If A9HL is still working your best option will be to use Decrypt9 to inject FBI into the health&safety app and use that to install FBI. After that you can restore the health&safety app back to normal and use the installed FBI. I suggest making a thread on gbatemp for help with this."

I have no idea what that means.
Go to this guide, and follow steps 10 - 18.

Lakerol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi everyone, I'm here to ask about an error that occurs to me when trying to install ninjhax my 3ds is New 3ds (Japan) Firmware: 10.7.0-32J. The installation always stuck at red screen. I already put everything on the root and follow the instructions.
Please help
thx

weks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this question sounds stupid. But i'm wondering can we use sysnand dump from OTHER working 3ds to be injected to a bricked 3ds?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.