• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

Chipman42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure which file you're talking about. The sites I linked to are just launchers for rxTools.

Depends on which CFW you're using. DS games do not work in rxTools, but they do work in ReiNAND. I'm not sure about Cakes.
sorry about that, I assumed that they were files, however neither of them worked, just crashes the internet browser and brings me back to home menu

LuckyExploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do DS games/carts work in emunand? Or would I have to remember to hit a button to stop menuhax from booting if I want to play a DS game?

No it appears that DS carts no longer work on Cakes. I swear they did before. Your DS carts will work however if your on SysNAND.

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello there,

I have very recently purchased a used 3DS. It has firmware "Ver. 6.3.0-12U".

I would like to modify it so that it can play games loaded onto the SD card. I know this is a common thing to do and has something to do with CFW, however, as a noob, I'm not totally sure of the right place to start. I have checked the FAQs I could find and googled, but couldn't get a straight answer I could recognize as to what path to take to do this.

Would anyone be able to point me/link me in the right direction to achieve what I am looking to do? :)

Chipman42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried updating my RXtools to 3.0 beta2 and I'm still getting the same results, I am very confused and would love to know what to do so I can actually use my 2ds

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to try to downgrade my N3DS again (after having 50+ failed attempts when I first tried to back in Jan.) and got it to work on the 1st try :rofl2:

anyways, I went to check the firmware to be sure, and realized I downgraded to 9.1.0-20J. From what I've seen on the forums, 9.2 seems to be everyone's go-to firmware.

Should I just use SysUpdater again and bump it up to 9.2, or will it not affect anything being on 9.1?

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen about 3 or 4 different ways of downgrading here and there.
I have a 3dsxl on 10.1 us. Not a new 3dsxl or a 3ds or a new 3ds, but a 3dsxl.
Which guide is the proper and safe way to downgrade it to 9.2 and then CFW?
Thanks in advance, I know it's been explained in other places and multiple times here, but there are so many different things that it is confusing.

Linkmaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks in advance, I know it's been explained in other places and multiple times here, but there are so many different things that it is confusing.

I'd recommend watching TCPixel's video guide of it on Youtube. Title is "How to EASILY Downgrade your 3DS/NEW 3DS to 9.2"

LuckyExploit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You need to use Sysupdater to downgrade to 9.2 by exploiting either the menu or the browser to get HBML working. If you want you can then go from 9.2 to 4.5 via Gateway Downgrade but I was recently told 9.2 is fine to stay at.

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend first upgrading to 10.3 and then downgrading to 9.2 with SafeSysUpdater. There are plenty of good tutorials in the tutorial section here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly just using retroarch is worlds easier.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
First block the browser update nag(explained here: http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php), then run the homebrew channel using browserhax and install menuhax. There's no need to upgrade to 10.3 and then downgrade to 9.2(that just doubles your chances of bricking!), downgrade from wherever you are.

There is no 'safe' way to downgrade, though if you do everything given in the guide properly, you shouldn't end up with a brick.

Downgrade tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
Intalling CFW: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend first upgrading to 10.3 and then downgrading to 9.2 with SafeSysUpdater. There are plenty of good tutorials in the tutorial section here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly just using retroarch is worlds easier.

That's just it. There are multiple tutorials.
Which one is best to follow for a 3dsxl (not new) on 10.1.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So I decided to try to downgrade my N3DS again (after having 50+ failed attempts when I first tried to back in Jan.) and got it to work on the 1st try :rofl2:

anyways, I went to check the firmware to be sure, and realized I downgraded to 9.1.0-20J. From what I've seen on the forums, 9.2 seems to be everyone's go-to firmware.

Should I just use SysUpdater again and bump it up to 9.2, or will it not affect anything being on 9.1?
It doesn't matter. All the exploits, etc work for 9.0-9.2, so you're good :)

Look at this:
- The 9.2 JPN package is in fact a 9.1 package, no problem with this..

Reactions: Linkmaan

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

no difference. You shouldn't be touching sysnand after setting up emunand up anyways.

3DSXL is considered 3DS, which is also considered as O3DS. Though, 2DS is slightly different.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Last edited by HariGp,

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Try opening this instead: https://dukesrg.github.io/?rxTools/sys/code.bin Which version of rxTools are you using?

Why don't you upgrade to 9.2 first? Use sysUpdater to upgrade to 9.2 FW

I have no idea about anything about rxTools.

I am simply following the guide, as I thought the result would help me get closer to what I want my 3DS to do :S Ill update to 9.2.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have no idea about anything about rxTools.

I am simply following the guide, as I thought the result would help me get closer to what I want my 3DS to do :S Ill update to 9.2.
This should help: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

Except you don't downgrade, you update(press the A button instead of Y in step 6). You might want to use the SafesysUpdater to check the file integrity of your update files before running the sysUpdater mentioned in the guide(Just check, don't update using the SafesysUpdater)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.