• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hello guys, I'm a bit behind all this stuff, because last thing I had was an phat DS with Supercard SD :) (which still works and I still use that)

Now I have an o3DS with version 7.1.0-15E. I'd like to install and play games on it; and only thing I have is an R4 3DS. What are my options to install CFW to this 3DS? I don't want to buy Getaway or something else.
First, it's Gateway. Second, what you can possibly do is find a way to update to 9.0~9.2. I'm surr someone else will fill you in on that. Once you're on that firmware, you can try and check out threads that will allow you to boot cfw without gateway.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

Not sure if it applies though since what i linked is for n3ds only. Just adding what I know is all.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I'm a bit behind all this stuff, because last thing I had was an phat DS with Supercard SD :) (which still works and I still use that)

Now I have an o3DS with version 7.1.0-15E. I'd like to install and play games on it; and only thing I have is an R4 3DS. What are my options to install CFW to this 3DS? I don't want to buy Getaway or something else.

No offense but just forget what he said ^

Follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

There is all the info you need to install a CFW without spending a dime.

Rei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First, it's Gateway. Second, what you can possibly do is find a way to update to 9.0~9.2. I'm surr someone else will fill you in on that. Once you're on that firmware, you can try and check out threads that will allow you to boot cfw without gateway.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

Not sure if it applies though since what i linked is for n3ds only. Just adding what I know is all.

Woops for that typo.

Yeah I know that after 9.x its limbo, but I didn't know which procedure I should follow.

No offense but just forget what he said ^

Follow this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

There is all the info you need to install a CFW without spending a dime.

Thank you mate, I kept seeing this guide but I wasn't sure this was the right way to go.

Another question though; what do I lose from installing CFW? I have no particular interest in the online capabilities of 3DS, yet I have a friend who uses online things daily (pokemon battles etc) with his original games. I'm asking this for both information and for his behalf, as he's interested in doing this also, if he'll not lose anything in return. Will I lose the option to go online? Does having emuNAND actually protects me from getting blocked? Can I play with him safely? (with the original game or the backup one)

Last edited by Rei,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woops for that typo.

Yeah I know that after 9.x its limbo, but I didn't know which procedure I should follow.

Thank you mate, I kept seeing this guide but I wasn't sure this was the right way to go.

Another question though; what do I lose from installing CFW? I have no particular interest in the online capabilities of 3DS, yet I have a friend who uses online things daily (pokemon battles etc) with his original games. I'm asking this for both information and for his behalf, as he's interested in doing this also, if he'll not lose anything in return. Will I lose the option to go online? Does having emuNAND actually protects me from getting blocked? Can I play with him safely? (with the original game or the backup one)

You can play safely online using emunand updated to the latest firmware (10.1 as of now), it also doesn't matter if you are using a "backup", you are still safe playing online. You don't loose anything by installing a CFW, in exchange you gain more things and if for some reason you ever want to get rid of it, you just have to delete it.

Reactions: Rei

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I have questions about Gateway Classic Mode.
I've a 3DS fw9.2 and a Gateway card, emuNAND 10.1. I know that if I downgrade to fw4.x I cannot play anymore with all my original cartridge.
My question is: if I buy a newest game (e.g. Zelda Tri Force Heroes) that, surely, requires one of the last firmware version, can I play it without any problems, in Classic Mode?
Another question: could I play with it using "Spoof firmware"?
Or, do you have another solution?
Thanks!

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No offense but just forget what he said
None taken.

I have questions about Gateway Classic Mode.
I've a 3DS fw9.2 and a Gateway card, emuNAND 10.1. I know that if I downgrade to fw4.x I cannot play anymore with all my original cartridge.
My question is: if I buy a newest game (e.g. Zelda Tri Force Heroes) that, surely, requires one of the last firmware version, can I play it without any problems, in Classic Mode?
Another question: could I play with it using "Spoof firmware"?
Or, do you have another solution?
Thanks!
As long as your emunand is one of the latest versions you should have no trouble playing a new game. Basically gateway classic mode uses your emunand but enables the signature checks to allow you to play retail games (or something like that) also why would you downgrade to 4.x if you already have everything set up perfect?

Reactions: lemanuel

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as your emunand is one of the latest versions you should have no trouble playing a new game. Basically gateway classic mode uses your emunand but enables the signature checks to allow you to play retail games (or something like that) also why would you downgrade to 4.x if you already have everything set up perfect?

Probably due to not want to use the browser exploit. Unfortunately GW only has the Mset exploit and the Browser exploit as options for a O3DS. And Mset only works with 4.x

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well damn. I'm gonna have to get myself an o3ds to learn more about its limitations and capabilities. So he'd have to downgrade the whole system in order to get what he wants eh?

With GW, yeah. With any CFW, no. So it's really a limitation from GW, not the O3DS ;)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed .CIAs boot into a black screen with "An error has occoured...". Decrypted the ROMs with Decrypt9 on the console and dumped them into 3DS to CIA Converter 4.1, then installed to reiNAND CFW emuNAND via DevMenu.
Near as I can tell I have done this conversion process correctly. Anyone have advice on what to do to get these CIAs to boot? I did Heroes of Ruin, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64 3D, Link Between Worlds and Pokemon Y. Heroes of Ruin is the only one that boots fully.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Installed .CIAs boot into a black screen with "An error has occoured...". Decrypted the ROMs with Decrypt9 on the console and dumped them into 3DS to CIA Converter 4.1, then installed to reiNAND CFW emuNAND via DevMenu.
Near as I can tell I have done this conversion process correctly. Anyone have advice on what to do to get these CIAs to boot? I did Heroes of Ruin, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64 3D, Link Between Worlds and Pokemon Y. Heroes of Ruin is the only one that boots fully.

Did you actually updated your emunand?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to system transfer across regions? I have a 3DS NTSC (gateway 9.5 emunand) and a PAL N3DS on 9.0.

Do they actually say "PAL" and "NTSC" in their region versions? No, right? Then use the proper designations for their versions.
I assume you're talking about US region and EUR region anyway.

And I don't think it's possible. Directly at least or even when using FreeMultiPatcher. You would probably have to modify sysnand to make it work (if it does).
@Ronhero might have some idea about it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

emuNAND is 9.0.0

Good. Then at least it's not that. From how you described the process of converting the CIAs, I don't see anything wrong right away. But if they don't boot, it's probably something to do with the CIAs anyway. Can't you just get them online in CIA format already?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm finishing the new god Kong movie pretty decent neighbors even complained twice