Country
Portugal

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah alright. Another question then, in what folder do I put the .CIA files when I want to install them?

Root of the console's SD card. You can delete them after installing them since it's only an archive and it will just waste space unnecessarily.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Root of the console's SD card. You can delete them after installing them since it's only an archive and it will just waste space unnecessarily.

Alrighty, thanks. I'll go try it now and if I have any other questions I'll ask

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I try to open Pasta CWF on the homebrew launcher, my console goes to a black screen and I have to force turn it off to restart it, is there anything I did wrong? I copied the files to the 3ds folder, both Pasta and FBI and had the ROM in the root of the SD card

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like Pasta only works with Cubic Ninja

Edit 2: Alright so I tried to get rxtools, but I couldn't get the firmware.bin file that I needed. I then tried to do it through Gateway, but that didn't work either. I followed everything in accordance to the tutorial, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I really wish these things were easier to install

Last edited by TheIcarus,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@TheIcarus Just read the guides in the Tutorials section of the forum really. It usually says the requirements to do it and the steps you need to do. So it's easier to follow even if you're just starting.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheIcarus Just read the guides in the Tutorials section of the forum really. It usually says the requirements to do it and the steps you need to do. So it's easier to follow even if you're just starting.

As I just said a second ago when I edited that post " Alright so I tried to get rxtools, but I couldn't get the firmware.bin file that I needed. I then tried to do it through Gateway, but that didn't work either. I followed everything in accordance to the tutorial, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I really wish these things were easier to install"

I had the dbs folder already and had the title and import files in it already, I put the launcher in the Sd card, but when I went to the website it didn't work

Edit: Also what does sysNAND and emuNAND mean?

Last edited by TheIcarus,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Edit: Also what does sysNAND and emuNAND mean?

Already answered this one when I replied to all those questions you had before. It's in the answer to number 1. I already knew you would probably need to know about it.

As for rxTools, you can probably ask in rxTools' thread. I can't really help you a lot myself with that since they change how to do it often due to being currently in development and I haven't done it in a while. So other people there in the thread will probably be able to answer you more accurately.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already answered this one when I replied to all those questions you had before. It's in the answer to number 1. I already knew you would probably need to know about it.

As for rxTools, you can probably ask in rxTools' thread. I can't really help you a lot myself with that since they change how to do it often due to being currently in development and I haven't done it in a while. So other people there in the thread will probably be able to answer you more accurately.

Ah alright I see that now, but how do I know if I have it, the tutorial mentioned something along the lines of "if you already have emunand" so I was wondering if it's something you have to specifically get

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah alright I see that now, but how do I know if I have it, the tutorial mentioned something along the lines of "if you already have emunand" so I was wondering if it's something you have to specifically get

If you never created it (and usually creating it involves GW's launcher), you don't have it. It's that simple.
It's recommended that you create it and use it instead of using the real system though.

Last edited by lemanuel,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

You need to put GW's launcher in the console's SD card (in the root) and then you need to use the browser in order to boot Gateway's Menu.
In the console's browser you need to put this url: http://go.gateway-3ds.com
And if you have any errors with the browser, try to clear your history and cookie before loading the page.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to put GW's launcher in the console's SD card (in the root) and then you need to use the browser in order to boot Gateway's Menu.
In the console's browser you need to put this url: http://go.gateway-3ds.com
And if you have any errors with the browser, try to clear your history and cookie before loading the page.

Yeah that's what I did, but when I go to the page it says gateway is loading but it doesn't load

FF777

人を呪わば穴二つ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All CFWs work like Gateway. So they can't go past 9.5 firmware in emunand.
I don't have a N3DS so I never tested that game with one and I can't be sure. However you can try to update your emunand to the max limit (9.5) to see if that changes something. There might also be cripto-fixed versions of the game (modified to work with lower firmware). So if that's the case, you can try to search for it.
So I found out what my problem was finally.. I just needed to update the gateway launcher file to a newer version.. I was using 3.2.1 (which I thought was the newest), but I checked and found (and downloaded) version 3.4.1.. I noticed in the 3.4.0 change-log they had added some more anti-backup checks, and improved spoofing some how..

Any way, after that, the game works now, even though the game is supposed to require 9.7.0 firmware.. (I am still sysnand/emunand 9.2.0).. And I didn't even have to use a fixed version of the game..

P.S.: I did try to update to emunand to 9.5.0-22, but the 3DNUS program didn't work because nintendo servers apparently aren't hosting it any more.. But I guess it doesn't matter as long as all of my games run for now.. I will just wait for now until gateway or some one breaks 9.6+ encryption some how.. There are probably no advantages between 9.2.0 and 9.5.0 any way..

Thanks for your help though.. You seem to be very busy in this thread helping tons of people.. Trying to win your right to go to heaven when you die?..

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does Sky3DS work on consoles with sysNAND above 9.2? Or are they referring to emuNAND? Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I read now that it doesn't work like Gateway, it works directly on sysNAND. So still, can it work on any updated console?

Last edited by Kibido,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I found out what my problem was finally.. I just needed to update the gateway launcher file to a newer version.. I was using 3.2.1 (which I thought was the newest), but I checked and found (and downloaded) version 3.4.1.. I noticed in the 3.4.0 change-log they had added some more anti-backup checks, and improved spoofing some how..

Any way, after that, the game works now, even though the game is supposed to require 9.7.0 firmware.. (I am still sysnand/emunand 9.2.0).. And I didn't even have to use a fixed version of the game..

P.S.: I did try to update to emunand to 9.5.0-22, but the 3DNUS program didn't work because nintendo servers apparently aren't hosting it any more.. But I guess it doesn't matter as long as all of my games run for now.. I will just wait for now until gateway or some one breaks 9.6+ encryption some how.. There are probably no advantages between 9.2.0 and 9.5.0 any way..

Thanks for your help though.. You seem to be very busy in this thread helping tons of people.. Trying to win your right to go to heaven when you die?..

Good that you were able to get it to work. If you want the 9.5 firmware files btw, you can find them in that "ISO" website for the "3DS" since as you said, Nintendo doesn't have them in their servers anymore.

Does Sky3DS work on consoles with sysNAND above 9.2? Or are they referring to emuNAND? Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I read now that it doesn't work like Gateway, it works directly on sysNAND. So still, can it work on any updated console?

Sky3DS works on any firmware yes. But since it has no functionalities other than simply playing roms (including no region free), it's completely worthless for firmware 9.2 or below. It's only useful for firmwares 9.3+ since there's no other choice.

Reactions: Kibido

Methsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello Guys! Im following this forum for a very long time. Now i have signed up with a question. I am very confused and cant find a perfect and clear solution.

I have a New3DS with Firmware 9.0 and Cubic Ninja.
I want to install a CFW, maybe RXTools 2.6 to run CIA Files and maybe some Emulators (GBA, SNes)

What do i have to do?
I also want to access the Firmware by coldboot or with Theme Settings.

Can anybody give me a step by step solution, or a link for a good tutorial to get started for noobs?

please, and thank you very much in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7