• Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I wasted the entire day yesterday and most of today reading tutorials and downloading stuff and I tried a bunch of things and none of them worked, and now I realize that none would've worked in the first place since I had 9.9
Don't worry. It's part of the learning process. If anything you're wiser now aren't you? That's gotta count for something.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. It's part of the learning process. If anything you're wiser now aren't you? That's gotta count for something.

Yeah it definitely does count for something, just still infuriating to say the least.

Do you know if there's any programs that do work with 9.9?

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I actually already had homebrew before I found out about Gateway and Pasta and the like. I was really trying to run ROMs on my 3ds, which I needed to use the other programs to do.
....yeaaaa....

........................................................................................TM
That ain't gonna happen for a long while

(I don't know how to superscript. Sue me)

Last edited by Arithmatics,

Arithmatics

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Any estimate how long? Like based on how long it took to release things in the past?
Well, expoits are usually dependant on the team working on it. I'm not even 100% sure if anyone's even looking for exploits for firmwares of 9.3 and above. If anything, I suggest you sell your 3DS and find one that's exploitable. Atleast it's quantifiable and the results are tangible.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, expoits are usually dependant on the team working on it. I'm not even 100% sure if anyone's even looking for exploits for firmwares of 9.3 and above. If anything, I suggest you sell your 3DS and find one that's exploitable. Atleast it's quantifiable and the results are tangible.

Well I'll consider it I suppose, but for now I guess I'll just wait

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll consider it I suppose, but for now I guess I'll just wait

Don't spend too long waiting for a kernel exploit, it may not ever happen, there is people waiting thinking that it may be released "next month", but month after month is the same as the last one.

People waited years to have an exploit, from 4.5 to 9.2 is a huge gap so you are in for a couple of years from now if EVER happens.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't spend too long waiting for a kernel exploit, it may not ever happen, there is people waiting thinking that it may be released "next month", but month after month is the same as the last one.

People waited years to have an exploit, from 4.5 to 9.2 is a huge gap so you are in for a couple of years from now if EVER happens.

Yeah I realize I'll probably be waiting for awhile, but I really don't have an alternative rather than buy another 3ds

Methsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a question.
Im on a new3ds with SysFW 9.0 and working homemenuhax.
I want to use a CFW to be able to play games that requires firmwares like 9.4 or so. (above 9.0)

I've read anything about emunand tickets and so on, but i dont have a plan how to do this.

it would be great if someone can explain it properly. The most thread are for Original 3ds...

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a question.
Im on a new3ds with SysFW 9.0 and working homemenuhax.
I want to use a CFW to be able to play games that requires firmwares like 9.4 or so. (above 9.0)

I've read anything about emunand tickets and so on, but i dont have a plan how to do this.

it would be great if someone can explain it properly. The most thread are for Original 3ds...

did you try to read this?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

It will help you on knowing how to set up a CFW with a N3DS.
Emunand is created using Gateway's launcher and with a N3DS it can only be updated up to 9.5 (it needs to be updated manually which means getting 9.5 firmware files online in CIA format and installing them to emunand with a CIA installer for example).

Reactions: Methsman

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lemanuel I don't know if you saw what I posted earlier, but basically I realized I'm on 9.9 and not 9.0 firmware which is why what I was doing wasn't working, and I was wondering if you knew any possible way for me to downgrade the system or to get gateway working on it. Or even if there was another thing that would work on it

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@lemanuel I don't know if you saw what I posted earlier, but basically I realized I'm on 9.9 and not 9.0 firmware which is why what I was doing wasn't working, and I was wondering if you knew any possible way for me to downgrade the system or to get gateway working on it. Or even if there was another thing that would work on it

I saw it but I thought someone had already given the answer.
With a firmware above 9.2 (such as yours in 9.9), you can't do anything other than playing homebrews or use a Sky3DS to play roms (much more limited of course).
You can't install CIAs and you can't downgrade.

There's only two ways to downgrade:
a) software downgrade (9.2 or below)
b) with a backup of the NAND while it had exploitable firmware and a hardmod

Both of those options can't be used in your case.

Reactions: Arithmatics

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool