Germany
Reactions: Hayato213

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the script by TUrboPooCharger for gba games as I think it can do so in batch. the normal method is slow and frustrating as fucking hell. I do agree that you should just use open agb firm. it will make this a lot easier.

Reactions: CoolMe

JennyTablina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to add agp_gba_firm to my SD card via ftp - the 3DS folder got affected in the process (I renamed it then named it back before ending ftp session) - since I did this Universal Updater and Twilight Menu have completely stopped working for me.

Twilight Menu will flash white and then boot back to menu
Universal Updater will tell me the Unistore is wrong and even if I delete store data in /3ds/ it will do the same thing (and maybe crash the system)

It's odd because PKSM and checkpoint both seem ok despite having files in the same location (and Twilight Menu doesn't have anything in /3DS/ anyway)

I can't even uninstall the applications or reinstall them - FBI tells me there was an issue attempting to uninstall and reinstalling also doesn't work.

EDIT: it seems the other apps will load but not run properly hshop gets an error when I try to download anything from it. But Luma Menu seems fine and games still boot.

Last edited by JennyTablina,

SOGAZG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I have a nand backup of an old 3ds I had. This 3ds got lost. Thank god I got the backup and now I've recovered everything, from old data, to the sd card encrypted game save data (using movable.sed and other tools).

Now, next, I'm looking to recover my Mii Maker and Mii Plaza save files. Using ninfs, I decrypted my nand.bin, and in the ctrnand_full.img I got to the sysdata folder where this save data is stored. Now, my final goal is to be able to open these saves on citra. On citra I already installed all system cias (system settings, mii plaza, mii maker, etc.) and I got the folder where they store the saves. When I go in the sysdata folder from citra, and enter the game folder, instead of a 00000000 file with no extension, there is a folder with the same name and a "editSaveData.bin" file inside. I suppose this is the decrypted version of the 00000000 file on my Nand sysdata.

Mii Maker:
My Nand Backup:
1681433732366.png

Citra:
1681433663245.png

I want to know if there is a way to decrypt this type of files without having to use the original 3ds (since I no longer have it). I tried using tools like three sd to transfer everything to citra, but I got stuck in the part where I need to execute the threeSDumper.gm9 on the 3ds (because I don't have it).

If you need me to clear something up to help you understand please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated :)

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to add agp_gba_firm to my SD card via ftp - the 3DS folder got affected in the process (I renamed it then named it back before ending ftp session) - since I did this Universal Updater and Twilight Menu have completely stopped working for me.

Twilight Menu will flash white and then boot back to menu
Universal Updater will tell me the Unistore is wrong and even if I delete store data in /3ds/ it will do the same thing (and maybe crash the system)

It's odd because PKSM and checkpoint both seem ok despite having files in the same location (and Twilight Menu doesn't have anything in /3DS/ anyway)

I can't even uninstall the applications or reinstall them - FBI tells me there was an issue attempting to uninstall and reinstalling also doesn't work.

EDIT: it seems the other apps will load but not run properly hshop gets an error when I try to download anything from it. But Luma Menu seems fine and games still boot.
You might want to check your sd card for errors with h2testw, as it could be dying. Backup your somewhere safe beforehand, empty the sd card completely, then run h2testw with the "read and verify" setting. It should tell you if it's faulty. Also check the lock slider on the sd card adapter if you have an old 3ds system, or change it completely.
Post automatically merged:

..i got the backup and now I've recovered everything, from old data, to the sd card encrypted game save data (using movable.sed and other tools).

Now, next, I'm looking to recover my Mii Maker and Mii Plaza save files. Using ninfs, I decrypted my nand.bin,
Check this.

Last edited by CoolMe,

razket

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a custom font on my 3ds and would like some assistance on how to revert it, I already tried 3DNUS but I receive an error whenever I try to download the CIA

Tanis0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi
I modded my New 3ds back in 2017 or 2018 and I never updated the console or luma (or any other thing).
I want to know if its safe to update my console firmware or if I should do something first (like update luma first or something).

My current firmware: 11.2.0-35U
Luma: v7.1-cf0b05e2

I'm also having a weird problem, when my 3ds have the wireless connection some games just freeze, like mario 3d land. Or if I try to play mario kart 7 on wireless mode or if I open the download play app the 3ds also freezes (I don't get any error message, it just freezes, btw these are downloaded games).
Other games works fine, but they take a lot to close.
If I turn off the wireless connection the games and console works fine and they don't freeze or anything.
Also if I use a cartridge and use download play it works fine (for example I played Luigi's mansion dark moon using that modded 3ds to host the game to other 3ds and the game worked fine).

Anyway, I don't know if this problem is related to the console or luma not being updated or if is a console error (like a faulty wi-fi card)

Thanks in advance.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to know if its safe to update my console firmware or if I should do something first (like update luma first or something).
My current firmware: 11.2.0-35U
Luma: v7.1-cf0b05e2
Ok you're on boot9strap, good, what you want to do now is update b9s (optional but recommended) and Luma3DS, before updating the firmware on the 3ds. After doing that then update the firmware from the system settings as normal.
Anyway, I don't know if this problem is related to the console or luma not being updated
Definitely not Luma3DS.
or if is a console error (like a faulty wi-fi card)
Maybe. But it's awfully specific it happening in specific games (like you described), i'd try reinstalling those games (not the Download Play tho) do this after you update Luma3DS/b9s/3ds etc. as for the DP app it might fjx itself after updating fw (if there's something wrong with it.

Reactions: Tanis0001

Tanis0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok you're on boot9strap, good, what you want to do now is update b9s (optional but recommended) and Luma3DS, before updating the firmware on the 3ds. After doing that then update the firmware from the system settings as normal.

Definitely not Luma3DS.

Maybe. But it's awfully specific it happening in specific games (like you described), i'd try reinstalling those games (not the Download Play tho) do this after you update Luma3DS/b9s/3ds etc. as for the DP app it might fjx itself after updating fw (if there's something wrong with it.
Thank you.

Well I updated luma (not the console or b9s) and the games and DP worked fine, not freezing.
But now I have another problem, a message saying that "An exception ocurred" appears randomly, for example a little after turning on the console (in the 3ds menu, not when I turn the console on) or sometimes after opening a game or closing it.
This is when I have wireless connection on, if it's off then the console works fine.

I don't know if it's because of the console not on the current firmware, but i'm afraid that if I update the console then at the middle of the update the error occurs.

Also I backed up the sd before updating luma just in case.

Photo of the error: 1682225724558.jpg

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But now I have another problem, a message saying that "An exception ocurred" appears randomly, for example a little after turning on the console (in the 3ds menu, not when I turn the console on) or sometimes after opening a game or closing it.
This is when I have wireless connection on, if it's off then the console works fine.
Not sure but could be hardware related (wifi board like you said).
I don't know if it's because of the console not on the current firmware,
No.
but i'm afraid that if I update the console then at the middle of the update the error occurs.
Yea.. One more thing to try, is to open the 3ds and re-seat the wifi board then test again. It might not do anything if the wifi board is damaged somehow, but sometimes the board could get loose if the system fell accidentally etc. and it's worth a try imo.
Also I backed up the sd before updating luma just in case.
It's not necessary. But it's recommended to keep regular backups of your game saves (with Checkpoint), or even the Nintendo 3ds folder (if you want).

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The key thing of interest here is the "boss" process. This comes up occasionally but no one really knows what causes this error. It can be a problem with the wifi board, but in many cases the wifi board is completely fine and you should probably avoid tinkering with the interior of your unit unless it's absolutely necessary.

The first thing to do is to see if the error goes away if you remove your SD card. If so, standard procedure is to copy everything off the SD card (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is recommended), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay. Sometimes this is sufficient to make the error go away.

The other thing that sometimes helps is to update the system in Safe Mode.

Tanis0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure but could be hardware related (wifi board like you said).

No.

Yea.. One more thing to try, is to open the 3ds and re-seat the wifi board then test again. It might not do anything if the wifi board is damaged somehow, but sometimes the board could get loose if the system fell accidentally etc. and it's worth a try imo.

It's not necessary. But it's recommended to keep regular backups of your game saves (with Checkpoint), or even the Nintendo 3ds folder (if you want).
The key thing of interest here is the "boss" process. This comes up occasionally but no one really knows what causes this error. It can be a problem with the wifi board, but in many cases the wifi board is completely fine and you should probably avoid tinkering with the interior of your unit unless it's absolutely necessary.

The first thing to do is to see if the error goes away if you remove your SD card. If so, standard procedure is to copy everything off the SD card (Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier is recommended), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw, and then copy everything back if the test is okay. Sometimes this is sufficient to make the error go away.

The other thing that sometimes helps is to update the system in Safe Mode.
Well I removed the sd card and the console worked without this error showing up or any crash.
Then I put the sd back and suddenly the console worked just fine, I don't really know why.
I played for an hour without any issue.

If the message appears again I will do what Kwyjor said, perhaps it was a problem with the sd or something.

Thanks to both.

Mrzio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By some days my new 3ds xl modded with luma 11 and b9s doesnt turn on, infact when I try to do so a red light on top and a blue light below appears and it shuts down. I tried to update boot.firm and boot.3ds copying the new luma files but nothing, tried to turn on the nintendo pressing select but only 2 times it worked and applied the option to load the new version. I also reformatted and verified the micro sd that i user with Minitool partitioning wizard and H2testw but no error appeared, and also tried to turn the 3ds on without the micro sd and by doing so the red light is pink.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By some days my new 3ds xl modded with luma 11 and b9s doesnt turn on, infact when I try to do so a red light on top and a blue light below appears and it shuts down. I tried to update boot.firm and boot.3ds copying the new luma files but nothing, tried to turn on the nintendo pressing select but only 2 times it worked and applied the option to load the new version. I also reformatted and verified the micro sd that i user with Minitool partitioning wizard and H2testw but no error appeared, and also tried to turn the 3ds on without the micro sd and by doing so the red light is pink.
You can read about different light colors at https://github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases . "Pink" in this case corresponds to "magenta".

So like it says, the boot.firm on your NAND is corrupt, and for some reason it thinks the boot.firm on your SD card is corrupt as well. I don't think I've ever read about exactly how the boot.firm on the NAND can get corrupted, but it could be that your NAND is physically defective – and there's no fix for that.

As for your SD card, you should try using a different card. If that still doesn't work, the SD card slot in your 3DS XL may be defective.

Kagami-san

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.These-Internets.com
XP
Country
United States
So after installing FBI and using it to install checkpoint and the rest of the main apps the very first time, I no longer have the option to install CIAs from the FBI menu. What am I missing? sig patches? I have no idea. The option to install just went away.

I know there are CIAs in the folder but they either don't show up or they do and I have no option to install them from FBI.

Anyone can help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, The Winklevoss twins...